test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20191113.6 - Brutal Costumes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Lockbox
  • Fixed an issue with Weapon Dance's weapon position.
  • Added the option to pick between a single blade or heavy weapon with the two new costume transformations.

Added Brutal Costume Box to the debugger.
  • Brutal Hair 1
  • Brutal Hair 2
  • Brutal Hair 3
  • Brutal Gemstone
  • Brutal Beard 1
  • Brutal Beard 2
  • Brutal Chest Wrap
  • Brutal Chest Belts
  • Brutal Bone Shoulders
  • Brutal Fur Shoulders
  • Brutal Spiked Bracers
  • Brutal Bone Bracers
  • Brutal Armored Belt
  • Brutal Fur Belt
  • Brutal Skull Accessory
  • Brutal Leather Armor
  • Brutal Bone Leg Armor
  • Brutal Fur Guards
  • Brutal Sandals

Powers
Ebon Rift
  • Fixed a bug where the advantage was healing every hit.

Tenebrous Archetype
  • Fixed a bug where one of its secondary stats was Ego instead of Dexterity.

Earthquake
  • Tooltip fixes.

Dark Pact
  • Updated sound.
​​

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Loving all of the Brutal costume pieces! Just that the bracer and shoulder pads seem to hover and too wide for big toons. Still pretty wide even when you're at 0 shoulder slider.

At least I have something to spend my Gs with now.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Great costume.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Powers
    Ebon Rift
    • Fixed a bug where the advantage was healing every hit.

I still don't understand the reasoning behind this, especially since Ebon Rift is rather outdated power with a lot of issues
    The heal can critical heal, but is it really worth it on a 15-11 Seconds CD power? even if it's considered a Healing Burst
    Does it have a target cap? how it will affect overcrowd areas like cosmics? or will it get eaten by pets?
    Why not make it heal while maintaining it? which would make it more optimized for that CD?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I don't think the intention of the advantage is to turn it into a reliable healing power. The power itself still has plenty of potential just as damage alone, this is just an added benefit for healers who might want a quick AOE heal in a jiff. Basically, it's not meant to replace lifedrain or other reliable heals. At least that's what I understand of it.

That said, that value for the one tick might still be a bit underwhelming, but I haven't tested it personally.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Afaik, the heal from ERift's Endless Void is about that of R1 Conviction's, but in a 15ft AoE. That sounds fine on its own, but yeah the effective cd is pretty long for it. I guess it's been balanced around ERift being primarily a dmg power, unlike stuff like Vala's, Absorb Heat, or Elec Siphon (which are better for AoE healing, ofc, but aren't taken for dmg). Perhaps it does have a higher target cap than 5 allies, but I'm assuming not (that detail could be outlined in the adv's description, since it isn't clear atm).

Either way, nice work overall on the new costume pieces and transforms :+1:
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    BUG: Brutal Bracers

a8tW01Y.jpg

YOFgKsg.jpg
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    BwNpLEl.jpg

WTa6cMc.jpg
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    BUG: The Weapon Dance Costume Transformations use the weapon skin of the current skin you're wearing instead of the weapon skin of the costume you're changing too. It would make much more sense to use the new weapon skin instead of your current one.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Not a bug. Working as intentend.
    Or the way it can only work...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Really great stuff overall, but one suggestion/request:

Is there anyway Brutal Hair 1 (the bun) could have a version that doesn't include the little fan of hair pointing upward at the nape of the neck? It looks kinda ridiculous and makes an otherwise good part virtually unusable (for me, YMMV). Removing it would also allow for more interaction with other hairstyles in the "B" slot.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    BUG: The Weapon Dance Costume Transformations use the weapon skin of the current skin you're wearing instead of the weapon skin of the costume you're changing too. It would make much more sense to use the new weapon skin instead of your current one.

Absolutely, it's strange that it was designed like that.

:+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Can we like, adjust the front and back of the pauldrons so it's touching the skin a bit? it's kinda getting distracting the more we look into it. XP
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited November 2019
    Not only on males, but also females, the distance betweet the pauldrons with the model is ankward
    also they became TOO LOOONG with the sliders instead of remaining spherical​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I think that the gap between toon and pauldron is to make room for the fur attachment on it.

It is annoying though as I would be more likely to use this piece without the fur attachment more than I would with the fur, but won't because it's just floating in air above the body far too much without using the fur.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I think that the gap between toon and pauldron is to make room for the fur attachment on it.

It is annoying though as I would be more likely to use this piece without the fur attachment more than I would with the fur, but won't because it's just floating in air above the body far too much without using the fur.

I use it with the fur attachment. But looking at the Chaosticus, seems like there's a gap because of the bulky chest wear. Even then, the gap is still noticeable.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited November 2019
    BUG: Summon Shadows + Devouring Darkness ADV still doesn't trigger Harbinger's Siphoning Aura despite being tagged as a Life Drain effect

Also other powers that DO Trigger Siphoning Aura which I forgot to test, Thrash and Bite from Bestial Supernatural
    SUGGESTION: BITE could use a Description update since the description doesn't mention it's Tagged as Lifedrain power like Thrash

Description on Ebon Rift's - Endless Void ADV is really vague

SUGGESTION:Please update the description to provide more clear informations for the ADV's attributes (Target Cap, Ability to critial Heal e.t.c)
    s97BCjw.png​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2019
    That's not a bug, it triggers off of direct effects.

Bite's description does mention it's a life drain effect.​​
    edited November 2019
    That's not a bug, it triggers off of direct effects.
    Oh ok, thank you for classification
    Bite's description does mention it's a life drain effect.
    Indeed, but the Pop-up Tooltip doesn't!
    Also powers with Life Drain could use a Description update to make it with Bold HTML coding so it can stand out (Like Pyre Patch, Fear, Devoid are tagged with Bold and Colour) in their Descriptions
    With all those new powers relying on existing effects, it's kinda hard to keep up
    XvZVVK4.png​​
This discussion has been closed.