test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secret Identity setting. Or a NPC repellent, whatever.

wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
Alternatively, what's the point of making a casual outfit if the NPCs will still run up to you and praise you, almost like your ID is public while you're trying to RP as a superhero with a secret identity? Could we have an option to set a particular costume as your superhero persona or your casual/public outfit?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    That reminds me... how many of the civilians use costume parts we don't have?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User

Dunno. But could we keep that discussion on track, please?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »

Dunno. But could we keep that discussion on track, please?

Is there something else you wanted to discuss about your suggestion?
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    It would be sweet if you could set a true identity name and alias name for a character and attach them to your costumes like you do costume transforms. Have the perks you unlocked only apply to the identity toggle you were using at the time so if you beat up Menton as your alias, only that outfit would get recognized for it. Conversely if you beat up your Nemesis with your true identity toggle on, people would recognize you for that.

If you had a dual name system you could also swap identities and go anon to potentially go unrecognized around other players too
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    A number of devices that change how NPCs react to you could be neat.

Not-A-Hero Device: NPCs completely ignore you.

Walking Disaster Device: NPCs enter a panic state in your presence, running around and flailing their arms.

Super Star Device: NPCs walk up and talk to you five times as much as they normally do.

Black Sheep Device: NPCs throw rubbish at you briefly when they detect your presence.

Pied Piper Device: NPCs follow you around.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I'd be happy if NPCs would just avoid characters instead of walking through them bumping them out of the way.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I'd just like the ability to push the NPCs back, personally. A taste of their own medicine. :P
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Millennium City Free Press reports, "Hero on civilian violence on the rise!"
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    I am not sure the best way to approach this idea, be it with devices to activate, a check-box option under preferences or some option applied to each costume, but I really like the idea of having a way to make the npcs avoid/not hound you.

In addition to this, I think npc pathing routes need a bit (maybe a lot?) of work. Often, even if they don't say anything to you, or even acknowledge your existence, they will go out of their way to push players around, even hopping up ledges/walls to do so. The first time when an npc walks through a group of heroes, scattering them all aside like bowling pins and pushing one about fifty feet away from the group in an effortless stride is really kinda funny. Especially when the one they push is a huge brick wall of a hero, easily outweighing a city bus. The second or third time this happens in a five minute span is not so amusing.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    A number of devices that change how NPCs react to you could be neat.

Not-A-Hero Device: NPCs completely ignore you.

Walking Disaster Device: NPCs enter a panic state in your presence, running around and flailing their arms.

Super Star Device: NPCs walk up and talk to you five times as much as they normally do.

Black Sheep Device: NPCs throw rubbish at you briefly when they detect your presence.

Pied Piper Device: NPCs follow you around.

I love this! I'd like to expand upon this with one more device.

Admired Device: NPCs only give compliments but do not engage and perhaps actively attempt to not touch hero or invade personal space (as in, THEY ARE TOO PURE TO BE TOUCHED BY IMPURE ME or maybe casually more respectful :P)

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D