test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we remove Toggle Form's charge?

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
I don't get why our passive forms have to be charged to be activated. When you get rezzed, and turn your form on again, it gets cancelled when you get nudged by like 0,1cm. Or maybe we can just make the charge uninterruptable except for block-cancelling.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    The fact that Toggle charging can be interrupted by other players and NPCs moving into you is so freaking annoying

Some do have very cool animations, when they are not recycled​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Just take a step to the right after you respawn... then put your hands on your hips and bring your knees in tight.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Or they could just make the charges self root and not interrupt on any movement. Like all those charged attacks that already exist. But right, screw that, moving after we spawn solves everything. One player doesn't mind it so might as well axe the whole notion of trying to make it more convenient for anyone to use.
    > @spinnytop said:
    > Just take a step to the right after you respawn... then put your hands on your hips and bring your knees in tight.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited November 2019
    bluhman wrote: »
    Or they could just make the charges self root and not interrupt on any movement. Like all those charged attacks that already exist. But right, screw that, moving after we spawn solves everything. One player doesn't mind it so might as well axe the whole notion of trying to make it more convenient for anyone to use.
    > @spinnytop said:
    > Just take a step to the right after you respawn... then put your hands on your hips and bring your knees in tight.

I saw the chance to make a Rocky Horror reference and I took it. Deal with it.
    bluhman wrote: »
    Or they could just make the charges self root and not interrupt on any movement. Like all those charged attacks that already exist. But right, screw that, moving after we spawn solves everything..
    Just like Focused Shot which keeps interrupting ITSELF because it's not properly self rooting you...
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I saw the chance to make a Rocky Horror reference and I took it. Deal with it.
    I KNEW THIS WAS REFERENCE TO SOMETHING
    and google gave me this as first result for searching the lyrics! OH OK
    https://youtu.be/vBHONx9vTtI

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Just take a step to the right after you respawn... then put your hands on your hips and bring your knees in tight.

I always do but still get interrupted when someone runs and nudge me by a micrometer.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter

I always do but still get interrupted when someone runs and nudge me by a micrometer.

It's cause you're so frickin' big.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    PERSONAL GROWTH MAGNIFIERS NOW!!!!!

It's cause you're so frickin' big.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    /signed hard
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited November 2019
    I support this idea just like I supported it every single time it was brought up throughout the years. Maybe it'll happen this time if we get enough signatures.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I get that they don't want us to instantly switch between several different forms easily (would the bonuses stack? They might!) but yeah, the interrupt thing is stupid annoying. There shouldn't be an interrupt every time you get bumped, just a required full charge and self-root that prevents you from running around until you "get it up" so to speak.

Or preferable: Make them instant, but cause activating one form to instantly expire all existing form stacks to prevent the aforementioned multi-form dancing.

Or delete forms. I never liked them anyway.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Yes please. The whole "charge your toggle" is incredibly annoying.
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    I generally play ATs which only have one form anyway and in the case of only one form it would be nice to simply have an 'always up' option so you never even have to think about it. That extra couple seconds at the respawn point isn't likely to make a game difference anyway, and there's no way to force someone's form off, so what's the difference?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    fermi wrote: »
    I generally play ATs which only have one form anyway and in the case of only one form it would be nice to simply have an 'always up' option so you never even have to think about it. That extra couple seconds at the respawn point isn't likely to make a game difference anyway, and there's no way to force someone's form off, so what's the difference?
    It doesn't much matter at respawn, but it can be fairly significant after a combat res.
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    It doesn't much matter at respawn, but it can be fairly significant after a combat res.

Hm. Fair enough.

Still, from a game design perspective, I kind of wonder. In my experience form powers are so good that pretty much everyone has one and it's considered one of the fundamental cornerstones of your build, driving other build choices. And when you make a 'choice' in a game where everyone chooses the same options, it suggests that the 'choice' is not really a choice.

This was something that was observed too back in City of X. Pretty much everyone took fitness and a travel power because they were too advantageous. And in the end even the devs realized it and started awarding them for free to give you more actual choices with your choices.

In the same way, if 1) everyone except the odd masochist is going to have a form power, and 2) it's not really a thing that someone will forego because when they are rezzed in the middle of a fight it costs them a couple seconds to charge it up, then 3) it suggests that they need to 'choice' it up a bit more. Either make having a form on vastly more punishing so forgoing it is a realistic thing, or make having it on pretty much assumed and make rezzing more punishing if that's what they were really after.

I remember when they initially made champs much less freeform because they decided it was too easy for folks to gimp themselves with bad choices. Now, of course, they have ATs for people who want samples of non-gimp (if not usually exceptional) design. If all of them have forms, it suggests that they aren't really optional.

Still, as always, it's up to them.
    edited November 2019
    fermi wrote: »

Hm. Fair enough.

Still, from a game design perspective, I kind of wonder. In my experience form powers are so good that pretty much everyone has one and it's considered one of the fundamental cornerstones of your build, driving other build choices. And when you make a 'choice' in a game where everyone chooses the same options, it suggests that the 'choice' is not really a choice.

Yes, everyone chooses a Form, but not everybody chooses the same Form. Just like everyone chooses a Passive, but not everyone chooses the same Passive. All DPS builds pick a nuke, but not all dps builds pick the same nuke. Just about everyone picks an Energy Unlock, but not everyone picks the same one. Tanks generally grab an Active Defense, but they don't all take the same Active Defense.

Now rewind back to 2014 where Quarry/2GM/MSA/Ego Surge/Ascension/MD builds reigned supreme, and where a good 80% of a lot of peoples' builds consisted of the same collection of powers that were known to be the best combination of powers. A very small number of nukes were proven best ( literally like 2-3 ) and people considered their build 'unique' if they took a different attack power, even if everything else was the same collection of best powers.

^ that was an example of what you're talking about where everyone picks the same best power and hence there's no real choice; it was either pick the one objectively best choice, or pick something worse for lulz. "Everyone takes a form, so that's not a real choice" is a pretty shallow example by comparison. It'd be like saying "Well all healers take a heal, so that's not a real choice", as opposed to saying "Iniquity is the best single-target heal, and no other heal is as good even if you factor in any other utility those heals provide, so that's not a real choice".