test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how does one use zone chat in champions online

Hey there fellow champions and heroes just curios but don't you hate it when you first make a new champion and you can't chat the way you want to. I mean come on, when you try to use zone chat after first entering the game you can't because it tells you error can't chat on this channel with a recently new account. Explain how that works?

Comments

• Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    Last I checked you need to have levelled at least one character to 10 before you can use Zone chat.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Last I checked you need to have levelled at least one character to 10 before you can use Zone chat.
    It's either that or 20 hours played on your first toon, I can't recall which. (I haven't had a "first toon" in years, so...)

Oh, and WhitePaladin - when you do hit 10 the first time, go look at the Tailor again. Unless that's been fixed, you might find a lot more options available suddenly. The last time I started a new account, they had about half the free costume parts and the very existence of premium ATs hidden away until I hit 10 that first time.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Hey there fellow champions and heroes just curios but don't you hate it when you first make a new champion and you can't chat the way you want to. I mean come on, when you try to use zone chat after first entering the game you can't because it tells you error can't chat on this channel with a recently new account. Explain how that works?

It's annoying but I think the limits to using zone chat were enabled to counter gold sellers. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope we get to chat with you in zone soon!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Getting to level 10 takes less than an hour. Less than half an hour during Double XP events. Annoying, but there are other things that are more annoying.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Step 1: Make an inflammatory political statement.
    Step 2: Grab popcorn.

Oh you meant how to actually access it... nvm
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    > @spinnytop said:
    > Step 1: Make an inflammatory political statement.
    > Step 2: Grab popcorn.
    >
    >
    > Oh you meant how to actually access it... nvm

I mean, she's right.
    Brou in Cryptic games.