test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 10/17/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2019 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
The second week of Bloodmoon is underway! Turakian Deathlords have been spotted in Millennium City!
  • Added Syringe and Dark Cowl costumes to the event store.
  • Added Thorns Shield device to the event store. This device deals Toxic damage back to attackers.
  • Added Delirious and Infection mods to the event store.

Misc
  • Fixed an issue where the Stay Out of the Lava perk could not be completed.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    aglo#4542 aglo Posts: 31 Arc User
    When Nombus of force will be avibable yo buy?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Added Syringe and Dark Cowl costumes to the event store.

Here I was thinking that the Syringe was going to be a Weapon skin for MA and HW >.>​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    > @avianos said:
    > Here I was thinking that the Syringe was going to be a Weapon skin for MA and HW >.>​​

As fun as slashing and bludgeoning someone with a massive syringe may be, I think I prefer this. :P
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Would be perfect for a melee healer....
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Come ooon Devos throw me a bone here, pls add Talisman/Emily Lovett’s top to the event store, or UNTIL’s recog store or something… :weary:

rv2Yuyj.jpgLsQQcI0.png
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg

So, this year's Halloween theme is Toxic, huh. Hmm, fitting.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

*eyeroll*
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

*eyeroll*

*x2 eyeroll*
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options

*eyeroll*

*x2 eyeroll*

You might wanna get that checked out o3o
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

Is this getting fixed before Christmas?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    huh... Syringe Gloves... I wonder if that means the Gadgeteering update is gonna include melee range heals where you stab your friends...
  • Options
    huh... Syringe Gloves... I wonder if that means the Gadgeteering update is gonna include melee range heals where you stab your friends...
    27d.jpg
    Too bad it's wishful thinking at this point​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    Too bad it's wishful thinking at this point​​

what... you think the gadgeteering update is never coming? or you think short range heals will never be a thing? *looks at holy water* o3o
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    what... you think the gadgeteering update is never coming? or you think short range heals will never be a thing? *looks at holy water* o3o
    The first one, because Melee Healing is absolutely possible, and if it had Dual-utility like Celestial, it would be interesting to see a melee powers that depending on the ally-enemy target change effect (Infect the enemy - Heal/buff the allies)

As people have been saying, Gadgeteering right now is a mess with powers ALL OVER the place that don't synergize with each other and feel like are parts of different powerframes all together. It would propably need way more time revamping than previous powerframes​​
  • Options
    Unless... Fighting Claws have something to do with this​​
  • Options
    You're just being negative. The fact that Gadgeteering has a bunch of powers already means it also has huge potential to be a great update, because there's a lot to work with. Just look how much people love the Sorcery update. Gadgeteering also isn't really all that "all over the place". It has 2 categories of attacks: energy weapons, and stealth stuff ( boomerangs, gas balls, the jet). Not really hard to make those categories synergize within themselves.

Also yes, the syringe thingies would work as fighting claw's weapons... literally AngriestPat's worst nightmare...
  • Options
    Yeah, we already have an ally rez power that uses a syringe type thing.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    You're just being negative. The fact that Gadgeteering has a bunch of powers already means it also has huge potential to be a great update, because there's a lot to work with. Just look how much people love the Sorcery update. Gadgeteering also isn't really all that "all over the place". It has 2 categories of attacks: energy weapons, and stealth stuff ( boomerangs, gas balls, the jet). Not really hard to make those categories synergize within themselves.
    Well I DO WANT to be proven wrong because I'm THIRSTY and running out of patience for Power revamps and I certainly don't want to wait 6 months to 1 whole year single revamp again!

If they drop a revamp during Christmas it would be nice...
    Also yes, the syringe thingies would work as fighting claw's weapons... literally AngriestPat's worst nightmare...
    I wish I knew what that reference is​​
  • Options
    Well I DO WANT to be proven wrong because I'm THIRSTY and running out of patience for Power revamps and I certainly don't want to wait 6 months to 1 whole year single revamp again!

If they drop a revamp during Christmas it would be nice...​​

Well, according to the chart, February-ish is when the next one is coming. That's just the world we live in now.

I wish I knew what that reference is​​

AngriestPat's greatest fear is people stabbing him with needles and injecting him with an unidentified substance. Specifically homeless people with rusty needles.
  • Options
    AngriestPat's greatest fear is people stabbing him with needles and injecting him with an unidentified substance. Specifically homeless people with rusty needles.
    Sounds like he suffers from Trypanophobia​​
  • Options
    speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    > @avianos said:
    > (Quote)
    > Sounds like he suffers from Trypanophobia​​

Do you use that word on a daily basis? :o
  • Options
    speanoz wrote: »
    Do you use that word on a daily basis? :o
    Yes because I'm Greek​​
  • Options
    Sounds like he suffers from Trypanophobia​​

Possible. I mean he hates his own blood and wants to become an immortal toilet so the guy clearly has something.
  • Options
    fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Well, being Halloween, this IS the time for VAMPING.

I'll see myself out...
  • Options
    dirtydwarf68dirtydwarf68 Posts: 43 Arc User
    Is the Thorn Shield effective for helping to hold aggro? I have never used the Spark Shield as I only just created a tank for the first time, but they look like pretty much the same thing just different damage type.
  • Options
    it's a tiny amount of damage and thus not much aggro, but it's more than 0.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Is the damage from the Thorn Shield boosted by the Pestilence passive?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Is the damage from the Thorn Shield boosted by the Pestilence passive?

Huh... probably not the damage bonus, but maybe the damage penetration?
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Huh... probably not the damage bonus, but maybe the damage penetration?
    Unlikely, defense penetration generally only works on your direct attacks.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Hmm, so no real reason to use Thorn Shield over Spark Shield?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited October 2019

It likely works with Debilitating Poison, so if you're an infernal build you'll do a bit more damage with it.

Also there's the fact that you'll be spending event tokens on it instead of Q, so if you have more tokens than you know what to do with, go for it.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Other than debuff interaction and the currency you obtain it with, no. It's probably not worth replacing a spark shield if you already have one.
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Will the Takophanes throne be making an appearance in the store?
  • Options
    what about using both?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    what about using both?
    The description explains that it won't work, and I had tested to confirm this. The last Shield device slotted get the effect and overwrite the previous one.
  • Options
    pewpew#3895 pewpew Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks for fixing Stay Out of the Lava perk - i can confirm it works now! :)