test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tanky, damagey, endurance based power armor build concept, maybe? Help plz!

I had this idea for a kind of hybrid Power Armor build that may or may not be completely impossible to do well but if anyone can help me make it make sense I'd greatly appreciate it. So basically, the way I want the build to work is by using Endurance as my primary SS, the reason for this is because I want to make use of the two specs Kickback and Outburst. The way I would make use of them would be with the wrist bolter power with it's advantage "automated assault" and then have two other power armor toggles going so I'm constantly getting energy back and doing bonus damage. I'd want to have energy shield with the advantage that makes it automatically turn on while attacking, I'd probably also take recon circuits for when I need to heal. I think defiance is the best tank passive, not sure though. Maybe there'd be a better option for tankiness and damage. I'd like to avoid relying heavily on dodge. Other than that I really don't know what else could help the build. The main idea is to just stand toe to toe with your enemies, dishing out constant damage while also being able to soak up any damage they throw at you. I really want this to actually work, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Power armor toggles work poorly with tank setups, because it takes quite a while to turn them back on after blocking (there is a short delay after blocking where they are unusable) and it's not possible to tank high end content without blocking. End tree with kickback does work but is not max dps. Best tanking passive depends on what you want to tank, for lower end content invulnerability is usually better than defiance.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Yea, in the case of tanking, non-slotted PA may be better to work around, though you'd still have to half-charge or maintain attacks to proc Chilled Form or Concentration if the enemy that you're tanking is in your face (and many of them will be). End PSS is also not really ideal for tanking or dps in most cases, but you could make it work- prob w/ using Power Conversion to help w/ energy. I may actually use Power Source, Ionic Reverb, and Ball Lit in Electricity if you're going heavy on End, cause Ball Lit w/ adv alone can be good for Elec's toggle/form and EU.

Here's a hybrid-dps build for now; tweak it however you want:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.41:33

Super Stats
    Level 6: Endurance (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Tactical Missiles (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Rocket Punch (Rank 2, Grasping Hand)
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Power Source
    Level 14: Ball Lightning (Triplicity)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ionic Reverberation
    Level 23: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Power Conversion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Electric Sheath (Matter - Energy Union)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Endurance: Readiness (3/3)
    Endurance: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Endurance: Outburst (3/3)
    Endurance: Hardened (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Endurance Mastery (1/1)

Uses Power Conversion for the extra energy, and alternates between Tac Missiles (or Rocket Punch) and charged Chest Beam, while keeping Ball Lit up as much as possible (procs Power Source and Ionic Reverb). Also be aware of Chest Beam's KB on trash (you can just spam charged Rocket Punch instead, if you want to avoid that). The last 1-2 power slots can be w/e ya want. Gears mostly for End and some Dex for dps, and mostly for Con and some End for tanking.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!