test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow Strike changes

pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
The intended use of shadow strike is that you use it to ambush someone who doesn't know you're there, but in its current state it gets used in dps rotations and for ganking held targets in PvP, which isn't really the intent. Suggest two minor changes:
  1. Add 1-2s to charge time.
  2. Make charging interrupted by damage.
This won't significantly affect using it as designed, but it will pull it out of dps rotations and makes it a lot more counterable in PvP.

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Or better yet:

1) Get rid of Shadow Strike entirely
    2) Don't allow the use of sneak/stealth/whatever it's called when you're in combat
    3) Change the "surprise attack" mechanic to be a large bonus to any attack used from stealth, with melee attacks getting a greater bonus.
    4) This bonus only applies to stealth granted via the night warrior passive. Threat wipe stealth shouldn't count.

This would completely remove it as a rotational move while not only retaining its role as an opening attack, but also allows for this opening attack to be more theme-based rather than "I stab you with my hands"
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Or better yetterer, get rid of the stealth mechanic entirely. We don't actually need an invisibility mechanic to do surprise attacks, just charge a PBAoE while running towards a group and you'll kill half of them before they've even aggro'd. Even easier if you're ranged, sneak attacks all day. Stealthy heroes like Batman don't turn invisible when they sneak around anyway - drop some smoke yes, but we already have that power... multiple in fact! If we really wanna keep it, put Sneak back to being its own power that takes its own power point - that'll also be a great gauge for how much people actually care about having this mechanic for that one biggerer hit at the start of a fight. No reason it needs to be tied to Night Warrior, and then that passive can be much more easily turned into a proper Fighting Claws passive.
  • Don't go calling for a decent power to be nerfed just because you rubes don't like it being used against you in PvP.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Don't go calling for a decent power to be nerfed just because you rubes don't like it being used against you in PvP.
    I don't even PvP, I use it in PvE rotations. It's dumb.
    edited September 2019
    Don't go calling for a decent power to be nerfed just because you rubes don't like it being used against you in PvP.

Well, Aesica, myself, and Panta don't pvp.... so... are you talking about yourself? :#
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Or better yetterer, get rid of the stealth mechanic entirely. We don't actually need an invisibility mechanic to do surprise attacks, just charge a PBAoE while running towards a group and you'll kill half of them before they've even aggro'd. Even easier if you're ranged, sneak attacks all day. Stealthy heroes like Batman don't turn invisible when they sneak around anyway - drop some smoke yes, but we already have that power... multiple in fact! If we really wanna keep it, put Sneak back to being its own power that takes its own power point - that'll also be a great gauge for how much people actually care about having this mechanic for that one biggerer hit at the start of a fight. No reason it needs to be tied to Night Warrior, and then that passive can be much more easily turned into a proper Fighting Claws passive.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said...except for the last bit. Night Warrior by itself, without any extra stealth bits tied to it, is still a nice power to have for all the theme builds that otherwise don't fit neatly into what the other passives offer. Way of the Warrior already does pretty much everything Fighting Claws needs anyway, and the other two revamped sets (Single & Unarmed) didn't get their own passive, so I don't see why Claws would be any different.
    What's PvP? Don't you mean PnP?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I made a minimalist proposal because it's the kind of thing that can be done without a full balance pass. Move or remove the mechanic and at a minimum you should be revamping the Night Avenger AT.
    aesica wrote: »
    I agree with pretty much everything you said...except for the last bit. Night Warrior by itself, without any extra stealth bits tied to it, is still a nice power to have for all the theme builds that otherwise don't fit neatly into what the other passives offer. Way of the Warrior already does pretty much everything Fighting Claws needs anyway, and the other two revamped sets (Single & Unarmed) didn't get their own passive, so I don't see why Claws would be any different.

Hmmm, perhaps Night Warrior should move to Gadgeteering, where all the powers that depend on it reside.

I made a minimalist proposal because it's the kind of thing that can be done without a full balance pass. Move or remove the mechanic and at a minimum you should be revamping the Night Avenger AT.

I'm cool with that.