test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Lvl 40

Hi, I have just reached lvl 40 for first time, but i dont really know what to do now because i don't need to get XP anymore. What kind of new things can I do now?

My champion is "The Radiant"

Comments

• fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    In a sense, the trip to 40 was just to get you acquainted with your powers. That's why they were handed to you one at a time with time in between so you could figure out how each one worked in the context of the others.

One thing that didn't matter much when you were levelling was equipment. They showered equipment on you and there wasn't really much point trying to modify or acquire a rare piece of equipment because you wouldn't be using it in five levels. Now that you don't change levels this is no longer the case.

Of course, you don't HAVE to continue to increase your power and effectiveness if you like doing what you've done all along. You should get a UNITY invite shortly which will issue you a handful of missions you can do each day. So if it pleases you, you can just keep whacking villains forever.

You also have access to a few more difficult challenges which will require more power. There is the Qliphotic Warzone, which is accessible after you've done one of the Project Hermes campaigns in the UNITY building (Operation Demonflame is the first, I think). The Warzone also has daily missions.

There are also 'cosmic' level monsters who appear in various places which require dozens of people and throw buckets full of damage around. These are often announced in the chat channel 'TheEndGame'. The primary ones are Qwyjibo ('ape') and Teleiosauras ('dino') on Monster Island and Kigatilik in Canada; there's also a set in the Warzone leading to an ultimate boss fight there.

The Cosmics award gold champion recognition and most of the regular missions and daily alerts award silver. These can buy you some of the best gear around, equipment with up to four slots for various kinds of enhancements and often with substantial set bonuses and special powers. Now you can put into play all those modifiers you've seen on equipment and build them up to large heights, depending on how you enhance your gear and its innate qualities.

Also you can work on getting a good set of devices. These can be obtained with gold and silver recognition, drifter salvage, collector vouchers, questionite, or often with just resources from the auction house. Some of the devices are very useful, adding passive or active powers which can cover up a weakness in your powerset or improve an advantage.

Of course many people choose instead to graduate to various sandbox games, doing costume contests, playing hide and seek, role-playing, collecting all those perks, or whatever amuses you. Another very popular choice is just making a whole new character to see what other choices play out as (some folk have HUNDREDS of characters!).

Whatever floats your boat.
  • aglo#4542 aglo Posts: 31 Arc User
    Thank you so much, I have only one problem. I cant claim the Until Misions. I have recived the email but rhe "Claim" button doesnt work.
    "Of course many people choose instead to graduate to various sandbox games, doing costume contests, playing hide and seek, role-playing, collecting all those perks, or whatever amuses you. "

I dont really understand that. People do that? How?
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Physical objects, like the UNITY invite, can only be accepted in-person directly from one of the UNTIL kiosks. There's one in the Ren Center and one right off the place in Canada and Monster Island.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Radiant is a healer right? so you could heal at Cosmics and avoid getting chewed on.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    aglo#4542 wrote: »
    "Of course many people choose instead to graduate to various sandbox games, doing costume contests, playing hide and seek, role-playing, collecting all those perks, or whatever amuses you. "

I dont really understand that. People do that? How?
    You can role-play by only speaking in-character in local chat, interacting with others the way your character would. Some folks can spend literally hours just hanging around RenCen chatting with other roleplayers.

For costume contests, there's a forum thread for announcing upcoming CCs, and of course you can watch for anyone announcing a CC (Costume Contest) in Chat. Just keep a good supply of costumes, or be ready to run to the Tailor at a moment's notice to throw something together, and away you go. Some folks keep toons specifically to compete in CCs.

"Hide-and-seek" is generally done by someone announcing in Chat that they have a prize for whoever finds them first. Usually they'll give some clues about how to find them. Navi, a GM, used to do that a lot, until folks started complaining that Navi was spending more time playing hide and seek than being a GM.

My endgame, personally, is altitis - I'm not as severe as some, but I am up to 44 existing characters currently (and will occasionally cull toons I don't actually play - right now I'm seriously considering deleting Okee-wan Fenokee, who was strictly a gag character in the first place).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    What is "Cosmic"? That huge monsters that need a lot of héroes? And why I would heal at Cosmics?
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Yes, those kinds of cosmic. You don't have to do these content or heal, but people generally do these to get those Champions Recognition to buy those high end gears, or unlock something that the GCR shop has to offer. Healers are an important role in this open world raid, and it bring out the most out of a healer's potential, especially in Kiga.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    aglo#4542 wrote: »
    Hi, I have just reached lvl 40 for first time, but i dont really know what to do now because i don't need to get XP anymore. What kind of new things can I do now?

My champion is "The Radiant"

Start from the beginning. Make a new charater.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!