test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TK Hands

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
So I had some ideas for new characters that I can't quite make, and I have some old characters that aren't quite right. This is due to certain powers not existing in game. Then I realized, the powers and animations technically exist, it's the visuals that are missing. So instead of suggesting new versions of already existing powers, I'm here to suggest auras that will complete the looks for these characters.

TK Hands is a set of auras that give Might and Martial Arts powers a new look and feel, without having to create new power sets for them. The various auras in the TK Hands collection would be:

TK Boxing Gloves: Aura that puts boxing gloves on your hands, made out of glowing, telekinetic energy.
TK BLades: Not to be confused with the TK Swords we currently have, TK Blades create long energy blades extending out from your fist.
TK Fist: This wraps your hands in TK energy, creating a giant fist. Imagine wearing a pair of Hulk Hands, but they're made of pure energy.
TK Claws: Four animal-like claws of TK energy that extend from your fist.
TK ChainSaw/TK Buzz Saw: A circular saw blade, or Chainsaw blade, made out of TK Energy extending from your fist.

They would come with Dual Hands, Left Hand, and Right Hand options, in case you only want one hand, or you want both hands, with the aura. These would also work really well with the Heavy Hook, and Cannon Hands, creating the illusion that you're forming these energy weapons from your robotic arms.

Comments

• I would love to see a whole TK weapon pack.

TK Bow
    TK Heavy Weapon
    TK Claws
    TK Pistol

All just use the same animation as their non TK versions but they use EGO instead of strength when applicable.

I always wanted to make a character who was a walking psionic weapon armory. Someone who could create any weapon they wanted from their mental force
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    You could probably emulate some of that with clever costume design and invisible TK weapons in tailor.

But it would be nice.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    You could probably emulate some of that with clever costume design and invisible TK weapons in tailor.

But it would be nice.

Unfortunately, even if you make the TK weapons invisible, the "flaming" TK energy still appears where the weapon would be, so it just looks like you have a streak of TK energy shooting up from your hands.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »

But it would be nice.

Unfortunately, even if you make the TK weapons invisible, the "flaming" TK energy still appears where the weapon would be, so it just looks like you have a streak of TK energy shooting up from your hands.
    Easier to just use unarmed martial arts for your 'TK'. There are a lot of bracers that include material options, though I'm not sure if there's one that works for a 'big fist' option.
    edited July 2019
    Easier to just use unarmed martial arts for your 'TK'. There are a lot of bracers that include material options, though I'm not sure if there's one that works for a 'big fist' option.

That's why the auras would be better. Instead of having to match powers you might not want, with costume pieces you might not want, the auras will give you the look you want with the powers and costume pieces you want.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »
    That's why the auras would be better. Instead of having to match powers you might not want, with costume pieces you might not want, the auras will give you the look you want with the powers and costume pieces you want.
    What makes you think the auras will solve any of those problems?
    What makes you think the auras will solve any of those problems?

Not really sure how this isn't obvious, but ok.

It's because an aura doesn't change your powers or your costume, unless it's designed to. Say I want to make a character called Mental Boxer. I can create a costume that looks like a boxer, with the training wraps on his hands, using might powers, and the aura will put the TK boxing gloves on his hands when he fights. Another example.. there's plenty of anime characters that can create a blade of energy that extends from their hands. Not something we currently have. We can make energy swords our characters can hold, but nothing that comes from their hands. With the TK blade aura I posted, we can mix and match the powers we want, and have the aura create the blade extending from their hand. You could also my a cyborg/android with the canon hands, and now the TK Blade aura looks like an energy blade extending from the canon. There are a lot of people who have Green Lantern homages. Having a TK Chainsaw/Buzzsaw aura gives these players another way to get that "Hard Light Manipulation" power, without new powers needing to be added.