test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DawnCon V Costume Contests

shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Costumes and Concepts
For DawnCon V (July 17th - 21st, 2019), there will be 3 different Costume Contests hosted by Paragon Dawn, Dawn Radio, and Defenders of the Galaxy.

The first CC will be on Wednesday the 17th at 8pm Server Time. This will be hosted by the Defenders of the Galaxy and special guests Stan, Lou, and the rest of the Hellions!

The theme for this CC is "Misfit Heroes." Misfit heroes have been a part of super hero culture with super groups like: The Legion of Substitute Heroes, The Great Lakes Avengers, The Inferior Five, Mystery Men, and the Misfits of Science. Anyway, bring your misfit heroes for your chance not only at Keys and Gs, but one lucky winner will be featured in an episode of Stan and Lou!
The Second CC will be hosted by DJ Alto Mk 7 v2 and the theme for that one is "Musicals."
Please see his post in these forums.
The third CC will be on Saturday and will be a SWITCHING CC!
This CC will be in the Millennium City Power House Theater and you will be allowed to switch costumes, and characters if need be, for each category. If switching characters, please park your characters in the PHT ahead of time. We will allow at least a minute to switch.

The categories are:
  • Super Heroes: This means any kind of superhero (Tights, Tech, Mystic, etc.) We play a super hero game with the best costume maker and so I am sure y'all can make some really awesome super heroes.
  • Super Villains: Much like the first category but try and look villainous and/or evil.
  • Secret Identity/Street Clothes/Fashion: Not only can we make some stuff that is out of this world, but we can make some great looks that fit in this world as well. Maybe it is your secret identity, work wear, something you wear on the runway, what you wear to the club, or what you wear when you go to Royal Burger.
  • Retro/Golden Age/Pulp/Noir: Lets kick it old school and go back to the early roots super hero and super villain culture with looks inspired by the art work from comics, serial films, and pulp covers of the 30s, 40s, and 50s.
  • From a Different Time or Space: This Category is a catch-all for anything and everything. Maybe you are a mystical samurai from ancient Japanese folklore, a faeri demon from another dimension, or an alien cyborg from the future. Anything Goes! Show off!
  • And a bonus category: Funny and/or Punny! Make us laugh or at the very least make us chuck or acknowledge your cleverness.

Post edited by shortbus#4297 on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Man, I gotta clear my calendar on the 21st. And then figure out which joke toon gets that slot - I've got so many, from Captain Americlown to Weapon Xmas... :grin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!