test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Particle/Plasma Energy + Unarmed Martial Arts

piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Builds and Roles
Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to do a build inspired by Genos, but based more on visuals than theme. Thematically, a PA build with all the weaponry would be more appropriate but visually (to me, anyway), it looks more like a combination of energy projection and unarmed martial arts. I really like the idea of using a power like Energy Wave (Reverse Polarity) to bring enemies in closer for melee, for example, but I don't really know where to start (or if that's even a viable idea). I think if I had limits it would be to minimise (or completely ignore) PA powers that aren't energy projection, as I don't like how the weapons interfere with my costumes. Another reference could be Captain Marvel, but swapping out the super strength pummelling with martial arts. Anyway, I'll leave it up to you build experts to help me with this build as always. Thanks in advance!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The lockout periods of slotted PA attacks means you prob don't want to use those powers anyways. Anyways, here's a shot at it:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=12730iKGPHMT000000I000JB03JC01B800E605K5037G00EP0X9L08JD08ON01ET0H1J031L000mUB3UbT42iK40000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Wield Earth
    Level 1: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Retaliation (Rank 2)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Demolishing Strikes)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 23: Energy Wave (Reverse Polarity)
    Level 26: Mighty Leap (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 35: Gigabolt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

(not an early leveling build, ofc)

Gigabolt was included mostly for theme, and you can have it emanate from the fists. It'll be a bit expensive, but can be used as an optional opener attack. For AoE, you can lunge in, charge EWave to corral mobs, and then use charged DK as the main AoE. 100Hands can put up Demolish, and then you can spam charged DU for single-target dps. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec (and skips severity rating when it gets Dex Mastery; also prob want some cost discount on gear).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    Thanks, Flow! Looks like another fun build. Would it be detrimental if I opted for either the Power Bolts energy builder, or one of the MA ones?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well, the energy builder shouldn't be used much (or at all) at higher levels, so I wouldn't get too hung up on its theme for any build. But also, you'd only be able to change the energy builder here if you also wanted to change something like the block or the lunge used, else you'd have to make more dramatic changes due to how the tier unlocks work.

If you insist, you could get one of the Unarmed energy builders, then 100Hands, then Parry (instead of Retaliate) or one of Unarmed's lunges (instead of Mighty Leap later), and then the rest of the powers. Power Bolts won't really work out, either way, unless you change at least one of the other main attacks in the build (I guess Power Gauntlet instead of Gigabolt later, though they are still quite different as powers, and Power Gauntlet prob doesn't have a potent enough visual or effect).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • citizenzero#3567 citizenzero Posts: 171 Arc User
    Forgot nane of device..but it drags your enemies to you. Then u can just make a unarmed dps from there.