test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

King of the Giant Monsters!

It's Giant Monster Week! Can you prevent Millenium City from being squashed flat?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11174443-king-of-the-giant-monsters!

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    So when do we get an open mission where all three of them appear in MC (say, at Champions HQ, it's traditional and has three sides) and duke it out? Cuz really no other way to decide the King.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    And I'm pretty sure Teleiosaurus is a girl, with the whole Mother Bonding buff and all.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Except MC doesn’t have giant monsters, a downtown monster rampage would be great.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Except MC doesn’t have giant monsters...

Technically, it does have Mega Destroids.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    This reminds me that we don't have an expy of Ghidorah….
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Toss Grond in for good measure.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    There is an easy precedent for a Millenium City-based giant monster rampage. The Qularr monster Cazulon was part of the first Qularr invasion in 1965; but the hero Microman used his "shrinking ray" to reduce the creature from his original 200'-plus height, down to a mere eight inches. Since then Cazulon has been a feature of the Millennium City Zoo, smashing miniature buildings inside his fireproof habitat to the delight of onlookers. However, in 2003 Cazulon returned to his full size and went on a rampage, which the Champions struggled to control until the now-retired Microman could reassemble his shrinking ray. Cazulon was captured and returned to the zoo.

No one knows that Cazulon was un-shrunk by a (at the time) twelve-year-old super genius named Peter Prentiss, who cobbled together a deminiaturizer just for the challenge and the thrill of watching Cazulon crush stuff. Nothing has been revealed as to what happened to Peter Prentiss, or whether his deminiaturizer is still intact. (Above is summarized from the PnP Champions books, Millennium City and Champions Universe: News Of The World.)

Officially, there are also more giant monsters on Monster Island than what we normally see. They include Ganika, a gigantic bat-winged serpent who can absorb energy attacks to strengthen himself, or shoot them back at an opponent; the eagle-like Vakulon, who fires bolts of lightning; and the largest monster, Zorgatha, described as looking like a cross between a gila monster and a komodo dragon, and whose body constantly emits deadly radiation. (These are all written up for PnP in the Monster Island source book, based on initial plans by Cryptic Studios.)

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    275px-Simorgh.png
    You forgot to mention Simorgh, but I assume he is an original character based on myth and legend rather than being part of the Champions Lore, I take it.
    Pretty much. There's really no in-world logical reason for a spiritual creature from Persian myth to be on a monster-filled island in the Sea of Japan. But the CO devs often toss random bits they seem to consider "cool" together onto a story buffet table.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    It's just hit me, they did this the same week with the new Godzilla movie thinking-face_1f914.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    You mean, the title, "King of the [Giant] Monsters," didn't give it away? :o
    bulgarex wrote: »
    You mean, the title, "King of the [Giant] Monsters," didn't give it away? :o
    Unfortunately I didn't know about the release of the movie until the end of last week since I don't follow Social Media imslow.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Or, movie trailers, television commercials, or billboards, apparently. ;)
    edited June 2019
    bulgarex wrote: »
    Or, movie trailers, television commercials, or billboards, apparently. ;)
    You are seriously understanding my ability to ignore and NOT consume advertising media, you would be surprised really! ahahaha imslow.gif Ignorance is a Bliss! No trailers thanks to Ublock orgins, I don't watch TV anymore and there are no billboards in my city
    but yeah I had no idea

anyway, I wish we got actual Kaiju monsters attacking MC actually, not cosmics, neither mega destroyers nor EDGY skeletons​​