test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I've created a build I really love using, but I can't figure out a PSS or how to gear it...

Created a mostly Beam PA, goes in with Shoulder Launcher, Chest Laser, and Hand-Cannon for an alpha strike then beams everything still alive to death. The question is whether to go Int/End/Rec or Ego/End/Rec because who-boy...this takes a lot of energy to power.

Here it is with Int:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=Beam PA&d=14870b587WXN1R30Q19100940399039C009E009H039O0396059N039M03ER009D098O001L002WAL438W3UbT21l0I000000&e=

Beam PA Hybrid
v3.32:32

Super Stats
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
Level 6: Indomintable (Ego: 8)
Level 9: Energetic (End: 8)
Level 12: Tireless (Rec: 8)
Level 15: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Power Bolts
Level 1: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Concentration
Level 11: Overdrive
Level 14: Chest Laser (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Eye Beam (Rank 2, 20/20 Fission)
Level 23: Hand Cannon (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Shoulder Launcher (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Masterful Dodge
Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
Level 35: Lock N Load
Level 38: Thundering Return
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Stoic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Blazing Speed (Rank 2)

Specializations
Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Devices
Slot 1: Primus Spark Shield
Slot 2: Draysha Gas Pistol

and Ego is the same, but, specializations.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Ego and Int are fine PSS picks here, so its up to you really. Are you able to maintain three toggles atm, either way?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Ego and Int are fine PSS picks here, so its up to you really. Are you able to maintain three toggles atm, either way?

cant maintain with ego, saving up gold to try Int in powerhouse
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Well, for energy you could try ranked CoAP to replace the EU, or maybe try ranked Power Conversion in LS to supplement the EU.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, for energy you could try ranked CoAP to replace the EU, or maybe try ranked Power Conversion in LS to supplement the EU.

I just tried Int and its doing okay, but they're only rank 4 mods I need to sell some crap and buy some serious stuff to see how it really does but yea I could get CoAP or Power Conversion in place of Lock'n'Load or Thundering Return

• Options
    citizenzero#3567 citizenzero Posts: 171 Arc User
    If your mods really are only r4s. Once u decide what mods u wanna use....send me a message and ill be more then happy to help you out with mods. I have a power armor toon. And there is really 2 way to go about it. But endgame wise its very common to see distinguished helmet (because it gives u energy) and either justice gloves and helmet or virtuous. If your still having energy issues a cosmic secondary utlity can def help and get a hold of a r5 energy cost discount mod. I cant recall but i believe there is one that innately gives energy cost reduction. But i would select the cosmic utitlity secodary that adds to your 2 secondary stats. Which will either be endurance or recovery. And in some builds they use both and intel or ego primary.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I'd go Ego personally. The Ego tree is just too good to pass up IMO:
    1. It has a very heavy focus on secondaries (when one of those is END in an energy-heavy setup, that's a pretty big deal.)
    2. It's very powerful at using those secondaries to buff critical stats and defense (often for stats that don't usually do that. Like END.)
    3. Insight adds more energy efficiency for big ranged DPS builds
    Ego straight-up has higher DPS capacity than Int as a primary, which is a big deal if you also consider possibly using Power Conversion (that is in fact extra DPS you can sacrifice for more consistency, whereas there isn't really a way to sacrifice consistency for DPS aside from... Well, you know, powers you have already.)

I'd personally advise towards avoiding Overdrive and more towards Unified Theory. Overdrive's energy scaling is terrible even when stacked, not nearly enough to keep up an offensive. Inversely if you're consistently keeping your eyebeams up, that's essentially a 35+ energy you're getting every few seconds.

An insidious thing also is that END/REC pairing doesn't always work that well - only one of those stats in truth scales up your EUs returns drastically enough to notice. You might possibly get even more from your build if you did Ego/End/Int (or even Int/End/Ego!) Large energy reserves combined with much greater efficiency will likely serve you better than even larger reserves, especially when the scaling of how much energy your EU is feeding you is running into a Diminishing Return Brick Wall.

If you're going to go hard on beam usage, consider utilizing Electric Form, as that provides its own energy buff independent of any stats, and that will buff your particle damage.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    Three toggle PA is always a fun discussion. With all Efficiency gear and cost reductions mods, I tested a lot of builds in the PH, here are some of my observations:

Justice/Onslaught Gear/CoAP/Overdrive/AT Passive
    1) EGO/INT/END all EGO mods -- least amount of energy issues, can lose the Circle and still do 3 toggles for a bit
    2) EGO/DEX/END all EGO mods -- highest DPS with Follow Through and Exploit Opening specs, rare energy outages
    3) EGO/DEX/END all DEX mods -- 75% crit rate with Follow Through and Sixth Sense!!! But DPS was significantly lower due to energy issues

Justice/Onslaught Gear/CoAP/Overdrive/Quarry Passive
    4) INT/DEX/END all INT mods -- still not enough energy and therefore much less damage
    5) EGO/INT/END all EGO except just enough INT to boost Quarry to +60 INT/EGO -- good on energy like #2 but much less DPS from losing AT (but better Dodge/Avoidance)

With CoAP, the key issue to remember is the Attribute tied to the Form drives energy. Whether DEX (Chilled Form), EGO or INT, it should be maxed out.

Replacing the Primary Utility Gear with a Distinguished Helmet will be optimal for energy only if you use the 0.5 sec/attack toggles. But the DPS will drop significantly. With a full Distinguished set I found using a Severity Core mod was best for DPS. Still it seems if you don't want to use CoAP this would be the best option with full EGO and Overdrive.

For AO, Lock N Load and others that give an energy discount will help keep 3 toggles running.

I find on paper, Overdrive is slightly higher EPS than Unified Theory for equal amounts of END and REC. I think the bigger benefit of Overdrive is the energy is more spread out for 0.5 sec/attack toggles -- less chance of an outage.
  • Options
    So I've switched to Ego/End/Int and I am slowly replacing my mods with Ego 6's the result has been that instead of the 50% cost discount of int I have a combined 60% discount so far from ego spec and int. It's doing well! I can 3-toggle for almost 30 seconds.