test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Military Researchers Develop Corpse-Eating Robots

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Didn't they build this like 5 years ago?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Yes, what do you think solved the whole "we're running out of space for graveyards" issue?​​
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    I approve of this method of enemy combatant disposal.
    spinnytop wrote: »

Yes, what do you think solved the whole "we're running out of space for graveyards" issue?​​

It's called a crematorium.

edited May 2019
    It's called a crematorium.

No, it's called a robot silly.​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    We should like launch our dead people into space and let them be someone else's problem.
    Heck, they might even crashland into another planet and the bacteria they carry can start new life in it \o/​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    The those burial pods for tree is sounding mighty appealing right about now. Or cremation, whichever,
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    I'm gonna have my body encased in a block of amber, and then have a giant prop syringe shoved into the side stabbing into me. It'll be an homage to Jurassic Park.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Like this?

knuHCXM.gif
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Of course, one could try reading the source material. Unless we're going to war against an enemy composed of cellulose, the bioreactor in an EATR would be incapable of rendering enemy corpses into fuel. (The writer of this article would like to compare it to claims made by vegetarians, which requires one to ignore the fact that a vegetarian is an omnivore making a choice. This would be more akin to fearing that cows are going to eat humans because they can digest organic matter.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2019
    jonsills wrote: »
    Of course, one could try reading the source material. Unless we're going to war against an enemy composed of cellulose, the bioreactor in an EATR would be incapable of rendering enemy corpses into fuel. (The writer of this article would like to compare it to claims made by vegetarians, which requires one to ignore the fact that a vegetarian is an omnivore making a choice. This would be more akin to fearing that cows are going to eat humans because they can digest organic matter.)

Yeah but it's funny cause the article shows it dragging a human body :D nobody here actually believes it eats corpses you silly billy​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »

Yeah but it's funny cause the article shows it dragging a human body :D nobody here actually believes it eats corpses you silly billy​​
    So certain are you? This isn't the only place I've seen people reacting in terror at the prospect of the Army unleashing an armada of killer robots destined to eat us all. (Same way they react to remote-controlled weapon systems by invoking the image of Skynet, because the SF term "waldo" for a teleoperated device never quite caught on so the news stories keep calling them "robots".)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • neonriser#8214 neonriser Posts: 8 Arc User
    What else can robots eat? Cheeseburgers or something? :/
    48056835291_148c7c03c2_o.png
    What else can robots eat? Cheeseburgers or something? :/

batteries and gasoline o3o