test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chain Power Customization

terrycottonterrycotton Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Suggestions Box
I recently started building a character with a chain set, under the mistaken impression I'd be able to customize the 'color' of the chains used. Sepcifically, I had an ice character and I was going for a 'chains of ice' theme which I costumed for accordingly. Much to my dismay, changing the power color didn't affect the color of the chain at all: it was still the same dark dull metal.

I'd like to suggest adding the ability to change the material on the chain for the animation much like you can customize heavy weapons, guns, etc. The ability to choose between the bright, dull, etc, and to set colors for the chain itself would be fantastic.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2019
    There are a couple of them where you can change the color of the chain, but it's only some of them. It's one of the ways to build a plant character (green chains can represent vines). Let me check PTS to find out which ones again.

Edit: Ok, the ones that can be colored are:

Iron Chain, Barbed Chain, Iron Lariat, and Barbed Lariat. Most blues don't seem to show up very well on them, though, so you'll have to experiment to see what works best for you.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Ice chains would look cool, we should have that.​​
  • terrycottonterrycotton Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    There are a couple of them where you can change the color of the chain, but it's only some of them. It's one of the ways to build a plant character (green chains can represent vines). Let me check PTS to find out which ones again.

Edit: Ok, the ones that can be colored are:

Iron Chain, Barbed Chain, Iron Lariat, and Barbed Lariat. Most blues don't seem to show up very well on them, though, so you'll have to experiment to see what works best for you.

I appreciate the head's up! Unfortunately the main ones I was going for were the "Cyclone" powers, but I'll keep the others in mind and give that a go. Thanks!

• Yes, I'm afraid none of those ones can be colored. Good luck!