test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unarmed MA DPS help

koutaguelekoutaguele Posts: 81 Arc User
Wells i know that a couple of days before I asked help for a might dps, but after checking my in game I noticed that I have a rank 9 MA mod (eye of the rugby dragon) so I decide to scrap the might one and go for a unarmed one. The problem is that I know zero about the set so of someone can explain me the mecanics or show me some build it will be apreciated.

Thanks before hand.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    UA's best single-target attacks are w/ BCF and DU atm (Open Palm Strike can also get up there, but its part AoE, and the innate KB can be annoying on trash). If picking DU, then ideally you want a power (or powers) that can apply/refresh Demolish and Chi Flame for it, and get R3 + its 1-pt adv. If picking BCF, then know that it can apply Chi Flame when charged, so ideally you just add a Demolish debuff and get R2 + Shattering adv + 1-pt adv. With the 1-pt advs, Demolish will buff the Crushing portion of those attacks, while Chi Flame gives a large bonus to the Dimensional portion (via the latter being a Chi Power effect). Spamming either of those attacks will take much energy usage, so you prob need a source of Dragon Rush in there as well. You can take other setups that don't follow these guidelines as strictly and still get decent results- you just won't be doing as much max dps then.

AoE can be had from Dragon Kick, 100Hands, Shuriken Storm, Bladed Cyclone, and/or Inex Tides- it may depend on the toggle/form and other things you take, but I tend to pick DK cause you can also put Rush on it (BCF also has an RF adv that turns it into an AoE pull-in, which can help w/ AoE follow-ups, but then its not ideal for single-target dps; Open Palm Strike can also be changed to have an AoE pull-in on its frontal cylinder AoE). There's a ton a diff power variants you can build that can output solid dmg for UA, even if not all of them are optimal dps. Here's just one example to start off with:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=11230aKPbG9A000000E100E20CEB00EF07EL00EP0XK503ES0PEJ08ON01EG01K6002Q00EY032jN72MGB0tid40000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Vicious Strikes
    Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Floating Lotus Blossom, Demolishing Strikes)
    Level 6: Form of the Master
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3, Silent Running)
    Level 11: Steadfast
    Level 14: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Shattering Strike, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 23: Smoke Bomb Lunge (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Parry (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Imbue
    Level 35: Fiery Embrace
    Level 38: Devastating Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Puts up and refreshes Demolish w/ TKicks, while charged BCF can apply Chi Flame on its own, and charged DK gives you Rush for extra energy- w/ BCF being the main single-target attack here. AoE can be done mainly w/ DK, but also w/ TKicks and the ult (if you don't have Devastating Strike unlocked then you can just pick a diff power in that slot). Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!