test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do people do with excess Until currency?

ATM I have 22542 Until currency on all my lvl 40s. There's nothing I need from the Until store. I guess there must be others with similar boatloads of unused currency. Are you just letting it pile up, or do you use it to buy trash to sell at vendors, or do something else entirely?
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    Sometimes I'll buy the 100 Until token temp sidekicks. Especially ones I've never used before. They only last a total of an hour.

Also, there are some items that increase your damage or mitigation for a short period and have charges or a 2 minute timer. They only cost 5 tokens.

I used to get some of the 100' damaging items with 25 charges for a CCer at Kiga. Now, that's not necessary.

Otherwise, yeah, stack stack stack.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I think the favored vendor trash is the green primary boxes, but yeah, until doesn't have a lot (there's plenty of devices I would consider if they weren't Unique with a small number of charges).
  • yeah...need to start adding more permanent devices; any consumable that isn't a heal pot is absolutely useless, because if i need to adapt to not using something when its charge runs out, i can adapt to not using it ALL THE TIME​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    yeah...need to start adding more permanent devices
    Consumables that are non-unique and stack to 20 would be usable.
  • I still have MCPD and Primus recog on at least one of my characters. So, nothing.
  • and you haven't converted it...why? it's useless for any other purpose​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Be nice to convert up.

For every 100 until you get 1 silver

Or for every 999 you get 5 silver.

Something that isn’t game breaking but a nice incentive to actually farm until or cash out
  • and you haven't converted it...why? it's useless for any other purpose​​

Because I have 1000 Until recog, for one thing.

Also, why would I convert a currency I consider worthless into another currency I consider worthless?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    and you haven't converted it...why? it's useless for any other purpose

Because I have 1000 Until recog, for one thing.

Also, why would I convert a currency I consider worthless into another currency I consider worthless?

For you, perhaps no good reason other than to shorten the list of currencies when you select that tab. Not a big priority for some.

Otherwise, one needs to have collected 1000 Until Tokens to get the Bronze Age perk. Which is part of the Modern Age perk. Which allows one to eventually purchase the Phoenix Tear. And converting these other tokens adds to your overall Until Token count for the perk.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    TIL about a new perk… =)
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    While it is probably true you don't NEED anything from that store, because you have cleverly designed and adapted your playstyle for your character, it is also probably true that you don't NEED a TV or a computer or fancy shoes. The nice thing about disposable income is that you can dispose of it lightly.

I like to get shield generators to throw shields on other people, or devices to summon flunkies... sometimes just when it's funny instead of tactical. There's a very handy travel power device from Whiteout that gives you the goo-travel power. I often buy costume unlocks even if I don't intend to use them because sometimes I'm making a character and it turns out I've used one anyway.

Of course it would be nice if these all stacked a lot more. Or if bag space was a little less limited. Expensive, one-shot teleport devices I would probably buy by the truckful. There's always room for improvement.

My opinion, for what it's worth.