test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just For Fun Suggestion Thread

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
Ever think of something you know would never be added to the game, but would still like to see it anyway?
This thread is for posting fun and funny ideas that will never be added, but would still be fun to imagine and discuss.

For example:
I would love a "Meat Shield" block power. If anyone here has been to a Dawn Radio show out in MC, you know how pushy and annoying the NPC's can be. The Meat Shield block would allow some satisfactory revenge. Every time you block, you pull a random NPC civilian from thin air and hold them out to take the hit for you.

Obviously this is something that would never be added, but the idea is still fun. So what are your "Just For Fun" suggestions?

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The ability to sit in shopping carts and have people push you around.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Multiple paths to a given power set's "ideal" DPS. What I mean is, well let's pick on Single Blade:

Currently: You're pretty much expected to stack bleeds to 5 before blowing the wad, rinse repeat. Anything else is pretty much subpar.

Ideal: Many different playstyles, depending on the powers you choose:
    • (Current) Stack bleeds with a wimpy combo, consume them for big damage with a T3 hit
    • Maintain your bleeds in between T3 hits
    • No bleeds at all, just damage debuff plus big T3 hits
    • Maybe even ranged options. Why can't I shower my foes with a barrage of throwing knives?

- - -

Also, some T3 melee options that involve combos, or at the very least, maintains. Yes, there are a few of us who actually prefer quick hits over casting their melee attacks over and over.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited April 2019
    aesica wrote: »
    Multiple paths to a given power set's "ideal" DPS. What I mean is, well let's pick on Single Blade

I think you missed the point of the thread. You can give up the mechanics war for a minute and just have some fun o3o

Anyways, another one: The ability to skitch on vehicles while using one of the slide travel powers... or actually, skitching on other players and their vehicles! Imagine getting whipped around while using ice slide xD​​
    Also an area with a bunch of trampolines... like super trampolines that are like 50ft across.​​
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Anyways, another one: The ability to skitch on vehicles while using one of the slide travel powers... or actually, skitching on other players and their vehicles! Imagine getting whipped around while using ice slide xD​​

This reminded me of another. The ability to stand on NPC cars and ride on them, like you can do in the Spider-Man games. I think you were able to in CoH as well, but don't remember.

Playing off of this, a "Car Surfing" travel power. Using the slide animation and summoning a car surf on.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Allow us to have a squeaky hammer for HW and Jelly Dish as a block power
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    As a person who is known for playing a disturbed clown, I'd be remiss if I didn't toss out a Clown powerset.

Paddle Ball
    Ranged Energy Builder
    Pull out a paddle ball and let the ball whack your target in the face.

Joy Buzzer
    Melee Electric Damage
    Trick your target into shaking hands, for shocking results

Boxing Glove Gun
    Ranged Knock Back/Down
    Fire out a spring loaded Boxing Glove

Bang Flag Gun
    Ranged Stun/Fear
    Scare your enemy with a gun *BANG!* Just kidding
    Advantage: Second Fire
    Using the gun immediately after the first show causes the flag to fire out for a guaranteed Critical hit. Puts the gun on cool down, gotta reload the flag.

Sticky Rubber Hand
    Ranged Knock To
    Pull out a toy rubber hand and stick it to your target to pull them to you

Attack of the Rubber Chickens
    Ranged Cone AOE
    Standing there, pointing at your target, a horde of Rubber Chickens fly past you to pummel everyone in front of you.

Rain of Tomatoes
    Ranged AOE
    Throwing your arms into the air, your targets expect a Rain of Fire, instead they're pelted with tomoatoes
    (This one is for all the Stan and Lou fans)

Banana Peels/Lost your Marbles (Both the same power with different looks)
    AOE Knock Down Snare
    Your targets just can't seem to stay on their feet
    (Same effect as slipping on Foxbat's Ping Pong Balls)

Seltzer Bottle
    Ranged Water Damage
    You spray your target in the face with Seltzer Water
    Advantage: Splish Splash
    Turns the attack into a Cone AOE, so everyone can get wet

Throw Pie
    Ranged Single Target Attack
    You hurl a Pie into your target's face
    Advantage: Food Fight
    Turns the attack into a Target AOE splattering the pie onto targets around your primary

Silly String Grenade
    Ranged AOE Hold
    LOOK OUT! It's a GRENADE! Ewww it's just sticky Silly String

Air Horn
    Ranged Cone AOE Sonic Damage
    Surprise your targets with a loud blast
    Advantage: Deafening
    Causes the power to now confuse your targets

Laugh Riot
    AOE Passive on all attacks
    Everyone except your primary target can't stop laughing at the pranks
    Debuffs all enemies around you reducing the damage they do

You're Gonna Die Laughing
    Energy Unlock
    Every time your attacks apply, or refresh, Laugh Riot, you gain a burst of energy.

You wouldn't Hit a Guy With Glasses
    Block
    Character puts on Joke Glasses for as long as the block is held. Reduces all forms of damage.

Cartoon Logic
    Slotted Passive Defense or Balanced
    Your cartoony antics have given the durability of a toon.
    Resistance to all forms of damage. Occasionally negates incoming damage. Has a chance to turn a fatal blow into a full heal.
    Cartoons can't die

Bring in the Clowns
    Ultimate AOE Power
    A small clown car pulls up, and an army of clowns jump out to attack all targets around you.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Nemeses Weapon Skins.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    A long cylinderical weapon with a dome at the end. Available for all melee weapons.

A device that makes you big in combat.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    I've seen a lot of people attempting to make stretchy toons. I have one as well. So here's a fun idea, stretchy powers.

Essentially Might, but ranged. Just stretch the character models. Sure it looks goofy or silly, but who cares, you're a stretchy hero so you're basically a cartoon character anyway.
    edited May 2019
    I think you missed the point of the thread. You can give up the mechanics war for a minute and just have some fun o3o
    The thread did say "fun" suggestions, so that's what I did. Good mechanics are fun to me.

If it's supposed to just be silly nonsensical things, then...fine. I want to be able to hop on top of cars and hood/roof-surf on them through MC.

Being able to grab hold of a friend and have them fly or run me around all over the place would be fun, too.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited May 2019
    If it's supposed to just be silly nonsensical things, then...fine. I want to be able to hop on top of cars and hood/roof-surf on them through MC.

Being able to grab hold of a friend and have them fly or run me around all over the place would be fun, too.

Figures all your ideas would be things others already mentioned in the thread u3u

I want a dynamic facial emoting system, where you can stick your tongue out and cross your eyes at people while sticking your thumbs in your ears and wiggling your fingers.​​
  • aesica wrote: »

i second this...then vexx can become a REAL taxi system​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I always wanted to be able to slide down the roller coaster tracks at snake gulch (I asked Tumerboy about that, as well as riding people and things. Sadly, the physics engine doesn't even come close to being able to do it ;(. There's a reason the rotating gear on top of the powerhouse is actually fixed position for collision purposes).
    Playing off the Stretchy one I mentioned. A new Defensive Slotted Passive:

I'm Rubber You're Glue
    Gives resistance to all physical and energy damage. Occasionally sends the damage back at your attacker.
    Figures all your ideas would be things others already mentioned in the thread u3u
    Fine, then I want a giant mallet that lets me knock obnoxious twatwaffles all the way into the sun. :)
    edited May 2019
    Fine, then I want a giant mallet that lets me knock obnoxious twatwaffles all the way into the sun. :)

Now you're thinking with portals uwu

oooh I just thought of another one. In some MMOs I've played they have public billboards where players can post pictures and they'll stay there for a while so people can look at and enjoy them. If we had that I could post something like this in rencen!
    t1XqVfag.jpg​​
    edited May 2019
    Aah! Kill it with fire!

I used to play a game with public ingame bulletin boards players could post them. It was a pretty fun feature, but of course, people sometimes posted obscenities (or bot ads) so I'm not sure Cryptic is ready to play janitor. Then again, we already have profiles, so maybe!

Anyway a few more:
    • Everyone using a fun nullifier has their character forced into a grumpyface until they remove it
    • Separate device slots specifically for equipping vanity/fun devices
    • Destructible terrain besides just certain objects. GROND SMASH BUILDINGS
    • Colorful foam swords or pool noodles for MA and HW
    • A "dookie throw" device
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    A "dookie throw" device

and a flaming one so we can recreate ape's fireball attacks...also, if they actually add that, every simian character in the game is going to be all over that s*it...pardon the pun

also, my 'for fun' suggestion is something i suggested two years ago...that never got any attention

https://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1209893/newspaper-slap​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Katamari Damacy Ball!

Run around collecting all the destructible objects on a map in a giant ball that can be carried and thrown.
    An optional 0 point advantage to all fire based travel powers, that adds a screaming sound effect. That way I can run down the street screaming while on fire.
    Call and Uber travel power

You pull out your phone and call and uber. And NPC car pulls up next to you and drives you to where you want to go.
    New Defensive Slotted Passive

OMG I'm Texting!

You can't move or attack, instead you stand there with a phone out, texting. You ignore all damage coming in. You generate high threat because of your texting during a battle.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    New Block Power

Reading!
    Can be reading a Book or Newspaper or clipboard
    Has all the typical block power bonuses
    Can refresh Focus or Enrage
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    New Block Power

Reading!
    Can be reading a Book or Newspaper or clipboard
    Has all the typical block power bonuses
    Can refresh Focus or Enrage

This idea makes me think of V from Devil May Cry 5. I like it
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    If that is the case we need rolled up newspapers weapons.
    Cardboard Tube Weapon skins
    Even add them to TK and Laser Swords
  • zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    A dead body - as a heavy weapon. Talk about grievous bodily harm!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    The equivalent of the "Puny god" scene as a power/device.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Kaiju Battle in Millennium City during Giant Monster Week

Qwyjibo vs the Godzilla looking monster from that one Bottle mission (forget what it's called)
    Have one spawn in Westside and one spawn in Downtown. They will make their way to City Center and begin to fight each other there.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Do you mean Teliosaurus? That's an interesting idea....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    No there used to be a mission involving being shrunk down and going into a bottled toy city and fighting a monster that kinda looked like Godzilla. Don't remember the name of it though.
  • edited June 2019
    I would prefer a mission where you and an ally jointly control of a Mega Destroid (like the ones in Resistance) to fight Qwyjibo in Millenium City, followed by Teleiosaurus (with the final section of the fight taking place in the air).
    Hmmm... like... a sled. And when you sit in the sled you become a physics object, like debris from ice or earth powers. Then other players can kick you around by walking into you or using wind powers and you can slide down ramps and stuff.​​
    edited June 2019
    dialamx wrote: »
    No there used to be a mission involving being shrunk down and going into a bottled toy city and fighting a monster that kinda looked like Godzilla. Don't remember the name of it though.

Cazulon vs Miniature Hero. They should make Cazulon a Cosmic that occasionally rampages through Millenium City o3o could have Silverback use a Super Magnifier on Ironclad and then he can have a kaiju battle with Cazulon while we help dps. And then Quallar show up trying to take control of Cazulon and we have to stop them and their evil bug machines! :O​​
  • only if i can stomp on it​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Cazulon vs Miniature Hero. They should make Cazulon a Cosmic that occasionally rampages through Millenium City o3o could have Silverback use a Super Magnifier on Ironclad and then he can have a kaiju battle with Cazulon while we help dps. And then Quallar show up trying to take control of Cazulon and we have to stop them and their evil bug machines! :O​​

YES! That's the one. And I love this idea too.
    MOAR JUGGLES!

Juggle Guns, Chainsaws, Knives, Torches, Fireballs, Snowballs, Lightning Balls, Magical Balls of Light, Flashlights, Bowling Pins, Skulls, Severed Heads, Bowling Balls, TK Knives, TK Balls, Rubber Chickens, Rocks, Severed Limbs (Arms and Legs), Grenades, Cartoony Bombs... That's all that comes to mind right now.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Hmmm......since juggle is an emote now, does it work like coin flip? And your hand aura flips
  • dialamx wrote: »
    MOAR JUGGLES!

Juggle Guns, Chainsaws, Knives, Torches, Fireballs, Snowballs, Lightning Balls, Magical Balls of Light, Flashlights, Bowling Pins, Skulls, Severed Heads, Bowling Balls, TK Knives, TK Balls, Rubber Chickens, Rocks, Severed Limbs (Arms and Legs), Grenades, Cartoony Bombs... That's all that comes to mind right now.

i don't see cats listed there​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    dialamx wrote: »
    MOAR JUGGLES!

i don't see cats listed there

"no cats" is basically the kiss of death for any suggestion​​
    "no cats" is basically the kiss of death for any suggestion​​

True, but I think it's safe to use in this thread, since this is for suggestions you know we'll never see in game.