test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Impulse costume suggestions?

believeinsteve1believeinsteve1 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Costumes and Concepts
Hello friends. I've recently come to this game in search of a super hero game and while there are a couple others out there, this is one that has always intrigued me and as such I've finally come to terms to try and enjoy it. Part of that though is costume creation. For me, I'm just not the most creative person in the world and usually I like a push in the right direction to get something rolling. Originally when I made my impulse I made it's story and told myself I would come up with it's costume later. 10 levels later (yeah not far yet) I've actually come to like it. I'll share it's description/story so far and maybe that'll give a direction on where I'm going with it.

Android 12-937 ~ This android will change the world. While I cannot control him, he at least understands me and listens to me. Other subjects were insubordinate, while 937 has been the most responsive and successful. He doesn't have any side effects. The others tell me he lacks control, but control is for the weak. The Qularr are just the first phase of the invasion, but it seems they are at least weak to the vibrations 937 can produce. The more I look at him, the more I think he's human, but I can't believe that. Android's are just robots inside. We'll let The Champions believe he is on their side for now. That won't change things, at least until Gleam Eyes tries to expose him. I need The Champions knowledge. Soundwave is my only way in. They won't trust me.

~ Dr. Kernak

As you can see my description isn't much of a description and more so ...there's more to it than you see. I have an interesting story I'm going to try an develop for my impulse, but I want to make sort of an evolving costume that shows his story aging and I even have a concept for his nemesis. Also if I've veered off from the official Champions online story please feel free to correct me, as I've never gotten far in it and I'm only going off what I've seen so far.

https://imgur.com/centbWk

This is what he looks like now, yeah not much has changed between the impulse default and him because it just clicked for me. I made some texture changes to metal to match his android esque look. Some things I'd really like to keep are his blasters on his bracers, as I like shooting the force bolts and powers from that rather than anything else. Although as he evolves that might change.

I've considered starting to fade his armor and perhaps remove the hair, etc as he goes on, but I'm not sure. If anyone has any suggestions feel free. I'm still fairly limited in costume choices as I'm mostly F2P as far as costume pieces go.