test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Other super hero games coming up

2»

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,321 Arc User
    Here are some other games that are on the horizon some may be sooner than others and a few might not be, but who knows.
    City of Titans - Not sure but may yet happen
    hxxps://www.facebook.com/CityOfTitansmmo
    Heroes and villains - lost in the fog and not sure if will find its way out
    hxxps://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG/
    Valiance online - has a working game in alpha now and might make it?
    hXXps://www.facebook.com/ValianceOnline
    Ship of heroes - this came out of nowhere, and has been moving fast and looks like it could be one of the first done.
    hxxps://www.facebook.com/shipofhe

why are these links hxxp? Does this forum block facebook links? I'm not about to go through the effort of following a link to facebook since I don't want to get bombarded by the 99+ notifications of a social network I don't even use anymore.

This looks cool. Would make good competition against the likes of [PROTOTYPE], InFamous, or Saint's Row IV. Don't know if it strictly fits into the realm of MMO though.

Could you post similar videos for the other games? I'll see if I can find any neat stuff for the most up-to-date footage of each of these, let each of them give their best impressions.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,321 Arc User
    edited May 10
    Here's latest gameplay footage for City of Titans I can find. The game's been in development for around 5 or 6 years now.

Latest video on Valience Online I can find from the dev source. Checking the channel it looks like he's working on several other games and MMOs as well.

Here's another similar dev video for Ship of Heroes.

I can't find anything for Heroes and Villains, the name is too generic to return anything relevant to that project, and the op does mention that it's "lost in the fog".

I usually type a lot but I'll let people make their own decisions based on what I'm showing here.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited May 10
    Rage 2 has Wasteland Superheroes....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 15,655 Arc User
    When the hit sounds from the Valiance video started playing my dog ran out of the room.​​
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,233 Arc User
    CoT has figured out, after all these years, how to render what appears to be their own office in Unreal. Well, that's money well spent, hey, backers? Not sure the character can open a door, and something seemed off about his proportions, but the cape at least flowed cleanly.

Valiance Online isn't ready for prime time yet (gotta work on those character interactions so it's more clear how the power affects the target), but there's some really nice particle effects in there, so kudos on that score. Wish we'd seen some sort of travel power as well as the glowy-hands punches.

SoH has pretty backgrounds. Pity the character moves like a poorly-designed automaton. Still some work needed there.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    CoT has figured out, after all these years, how to render what appears to be their own office in Unreal. Well, that's money well spent, hey, backers? Not sure the character can open a door, and something seemed off about his proportions, but the cape at least flowed cleanly.

Valiance Online isn't ready for prime time yet (gotta work on those character interactions so it's more clear how the power affects the target), but there's some really nice particle effects in there, so kudos on that score. Wish we'd seen some sort of travel power as well as the glowy-hands punches.

SoH has pretty backgrounds. Pity the character moves like a poorly-designed automaton. Still some work needed there.

CO has a good costume creator but the faces not matter the work look like garbage

CO hasn't recieved mission content. In 3. Years.

CO is finally getting power balancing, but it's got quite a bit of work.

Of course I honestly don't care about these other projects, I just don't think it's fair to criticize a growing game with the state of CO as it was.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,233 Arc User
    Of course it's fair. If a car company is showing off its new prototypes, it's perfectly fair to critique them for not having the capabilities of existing cars, even if the current model hasn't been changed for a few years. Why should I be impressed by the brand new Ford Hypotheticalmobile if it wants to be the new SUV, but can't carry large loads or travel offroad like an Expedition?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Has it really been 3 years since we got the Qliphotic Warzone?​​

Yep.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.