test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New missions: Lamuria area

Hi everyone,

I've been doing a little research in to the extreme northwest corner of the Lemuria zone as I have always been curious as to why there seems to be some mission locations...without missions attached to them. The two areas I'm speaking of involve the ghost pirate grotto with Bart the Black, and the Empyrean Constructs along the road at the base of the Mandragalore.

From what I can tell, Bart the Black was supposed to be part of the 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' mission (championswiki.com/index.php?title=Rapscallions,_Scallywags_and_Scurvy_Dogs,_All) despite being so far away from the main pirate area, but got left off the list somehow. This is underscored by the fact that one of the items (waterlogged wig) in the 'One Man's Treasure...' mission is located in the chest near Bart - much as all the other items are near the named Captains in 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' - and the fact that 'One Man's Treasure...' cannot be completed without defeating Captain Redbeard on the 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' list, which shows they are interconnected. I have a couple ideas on including Bart back into the game again (see below).

Regarding the Empyrean Constructs, it really looks obvious they were set up along the road as a mission and not just for background flavor (one or two constructs there I can see, but 12? Seems...fishy (pun intended )) Somehow the mission they were going to be used for never made it into the game. Most likely it would have come from Prince Marus.

I'd like to propose the following mission idea to get them used in the game:

'Road (de)Construct-tion'
Mission contact: Prince Marus
Level (40)
Description: "*hero*, I need your assistance. The Empyreans have sent Constructs to watch the road leading to the entrance of the Mandragalore. They are programmed to attack any non-Empyrean that comes within their detection range. It may come to pass that I must lay siege to the Mandragalore in order to stop the Lemurians from using it. That road is vital to getting heavy war machines to the entrance. I need you to remove the Empyrean Constructs so that if this desperate measure is needed, it can be done quickly, without hindrance."
Objective: Defeat 10 Empyrean Constructs along the road to the Mandragalore.
Ending text: "Thank you *hero*. I certainly hope it doesn't come to a siege, but at least it can rapidly be accomplished now should it be needed."

As for the ghost pirate grotto and Bart the Black, there are two solutions I see: the first is to add Bart to the list of pirate captains in 'Rapscallions, Scallywags and Scurvy Dogs, All' though his level would have to be bumped up from the current 39 to 41 to put him on par with all the other captains. Or two, make a new mission for him.

I would like to advocate option two. I say this because the grotto is so far removed from the regular pirate area. It feels as if this is meant to be a separate area for a reason. Here's my idea for a mission which would introduce the ghost pirates to the player before Prince Marus sends them to meet Captain Hawkins.

'Black hearts, Black souls'
Mission contact: Prince Marus
Level (39)
Description: "The Bleak Ones use of dark powers in these waters have raised a number of the dead who were lost at sea. Unfortunately, these restless dead are the worst type of sea faring souls....pirates! These evil creatures are a hazard to all marine life and must be dealt with. *hero* send these foul spirits back to their watery graves. Defeat them and the captain that commands them before they can cause any harm."
Objective: Defeat Bart the Black and 12 Ghost Pirates surrounding the sunken grotto.
Ending text: "I have terrible news. It seems as if Bart and his crew weren't the only pirates raised from the depths by the Bleak Ones magic."
And then the 'Captain the Friendly Ghost' mission would show up on Marus' mission list.
(Of course, moving the 'waterlogged wig' chest from the grotto would be required in this case. Moving it to coordinates 1670 54 3880 would be perfect and finally keep the other two missions completely within the regular pirate area.)

Thanks for your attention. :)

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    While a lot of players don't like or go to Lemuria I find it a nice change from leveling on MI or VB (no endless stream of Grab Alerts for me). Probably every 4th character I level I do some of in Lemuria. In fact, I always wish there were enough missions there to take me from lvl 34 to 40, all in Lemuria (currently there are not enough missions there to go all the way to 40, certainly not if you go to Lemuria as early as possible, i.e. lvl 31). So, anything that adds more content to Lemuria is a good thing in my book. Since Unity is pretty much dead, maybe they could repurpose those caves for regular LI missions?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!