test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New returning free form player looking for a high dps powerset\build

twinblade24twinblade24 Posts: 4 Arc User
Hi everyone. I am a bit over welmed with all the builds on a free form char . I am not looking for anything inpitculer just looking for a strong dps build I can solo on and enjoy thank you

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Kinda the wrong sub-forum to ask for a build here, but its alright. There's a ton of high-dps builds out there now, but did you want to play as melee or as ranged?

Also, since you mentioned soloing, do you want to make a glass cannon build that tries to optimize dps? I ask because otherwise you will likely have to trade some base dps if you want more leeway in the survival aspect. General approach there is to add Con SS and more heals/ADs, or go even further and make a hybrid-dps w/ a defensive passive (though that will ofc lower base dps even more).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • twinblade24twinblade24 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thank you for the reply sorry about wrong sub forum. I like melee or ranged I hear though ranged is alot higher dps? Yea no glass cannon
    edited April 2019
    Melee is actually higher single-target dps overall (sometimes considerably so, depending on the sets being compared). There are still ranged builds that can get high ST dps, but its a narrower selection. The advantages to ranged builds are more about the natural extra reach, and usually having wider AoE coverage vs. melee.

Going somewhat on a whim w/ my pick here, but I think I'll start you with a TK Blade build. Its strong and pretty straight-forward for a melee set, and has some extra defensive advs (if you want to take them):

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=11230MbGA9PK000000F000F209FB00FA03FG00F50HK503FP05FF08ON01ER00FE07FO052Q001rX342kg0Cms40000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Savage (Str: 10, Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Mental Discipline
    Level 8: Id Mastery (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Ego Blade Dash (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Fiery Embrace
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Still somewhat dps-focused here, since I didn't go w/ the hybrid-dps route. Basic single-target rotation is to alternate between one combo of Ego Weaponry and charged EBAnnihilation. AoE can be handled by Ego Weaponry's cleave, but its prob easier/better to use EBFrenzy's pbAoE for trash. The dmg shield adv on EBF also means you can use it to play defensively while still dpsing/AoEing. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con (and maybe some Rec for TK Reverb).

If you want potentially strong self-healing, you can get the Siphoning Strikes adv on Ego Weaponry, but know that this will drop its base dps considerably as it will no longer crit (and you lose a normal rank of dmg from it). If you wanted a hybrid-dps version of this, you could just replace ID Mastery w/ R3 Invuln or Regen and use the hybrid role. Other dps passives could be taken here as well, like Unstoppable, WotW, or Night Warrior- but ID Mastery is solid for TK Blades all around. I also assume that you don't have Ego Blade Pandemonium unlocked, but if you do then you can always add that in as an ult somewhere.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    I will try this build much apprecaited and fast respons. Thank you very much

Did you just make this ?
    Yea, its not that hard to make a build once you get familiar w/ all the powersets (that's really where most of the work is- getting the experience to know what each set is like in-game), and esp w/ nice tools like aesica's HeroCreator (adapted from the old PowerHouse planner). You can toy around w/ the builder a bit too, if you want:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206668/herocreator-a-descendant-of-the-powerhouse/p1
    do you put points into the travel powers?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I can vouch for TK blades. I am working on getting end game gear for mine. Still mostly in mercs with r4 mods and getting in the top 3 regularly (which probably means they will nerf it ;) ).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    do you put points into the travel powers?
    I usually get at least one to R3 (the one I plan to use the most), but its up to you.