test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190315.3 - Foxbatcon

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Foxbatcon
  • Players who log in during the Foxbatcon event will receive the Eye Roll and Silly Dance emotes on their account.
  • Added Twister, Juggle, Slow Clap and Poke with a Stick emotes to the event store.
  • Players who own the Juggle device can trade it in at the Fixer vendor for the emote version.
  • The Juggle device itself has been retired and will no longer do anything.
  • Added Mad With Love, Falling Cards, Spinning Cards and Confusion auras to the event store.
  • Added several titles to the event store.
  • Made a separate section for Foxbatcon perks.
  • Added Googly Eye Ray device.

Emotes
  • Added Clipboard as a free emote.

Misc
  • Players can no longer use vanity devices when they have the Fun Nullifier device equipped.
  • Fixed a bug where Earthsplitter was not flagged as an area effect.
  • Grondlings should use their lunge more.
​​

Comments

• theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Free stuff, yay!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • I approve of this \o/
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Foxbatcon
    [*] Players can no longer use vanity devices when they have the Fun Nullifier device equipped.
    ​​
    Do you think it possible that the user of the device would be immune to the winter gift vanity itm, or prevent the user from getting items if they are next to someone not using the device but got hit by the vanity device because of the AoE effect of the item like giant water balloon?

Added Twister, [/list]​​
    Yeah...
    dMVPEJJ.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floss_(dance)
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Players can no longer use vanity devices when they have the Fun Nullifier device equipped.
    Yes, thank you. Suck on that one, trolls!
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Previous patch notes say so, qawsada.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    oh my god, so many things to get this time around, the card auras are a must, hope there are some drops of these
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    This event should have some multiplayer content. Enormous rewards, but nothing but boring solo grind.

• Of course we couldn't make it to an event without a pointless nerf of some kind. I happened to like my Juggle device just the way it was, activated with a click of a button. Not only did you not have to type the emote command, but it could be used while walking too. Since it's an emote now, i'm guessing movement of any kind will cancel the animation. I spent a lot of time and effort acquiring that thing and now you've ruined it. You couldn't just add the emote to the list no, you have to retcon the device to be useless for people who already owned it.

I will never understand why these tone deaf devs make pointless arbitrary chances to things that have zero effect on gameplay when there are so many other things they could devote their time and energy toward actually improving quality of life changes. What was the point of this? Did it really stick in somebody's craw badly enough to have a personal vanity device not be an emote? Are you going to make the hat rays and throwable balloons and tacos and snowballs emotes too? Juggle doesn't even affect anybody else unlike trolls who can repeatedly harass players with these other devices, so why pick on it?

Whatever, nothing I can do about it but gripe.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    I think it's related to the Fun Nullifier change. I guess they considered it would make no sence to be unable to use the juggling device with the fun nullifier on :)
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • I think it's related to the Fun Nullifier change. I guess they considered it would make no sence to be unable to use the juggling device with the fun nullifier on :)

Except as I mentioned, it's a personal one that doesn't affect any other player. Much like the personal party ball. So there'd be no point to disabling them if you had a nullifier equipped.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Slow Clap emote
    7fb7kMV.gif
    Poke with a Stick emote
    JmJg2vr.gif
    ROXAS THAT'S A STICK
    Twister
    NqOMtrB.gif
    Forknife meme dance​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
This discussion has been closed.