test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190228.3 - Circus Malvanum, Power Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,088 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Circus Malvanum
  • Divided up store to match current event store setups.
  • Added Roman Guard bracer and Regal Lion mask costumes to the store.
  • Action Figures have been removed from the store. They can be found as possible drops from the race.

Misc
  • The rare drop fx will only display on a Dark Speed drop for Oubliette in the Resistance mission.

Power Changes
Compassion
  • Updated tooltip to be clear on how this power triggers as its old tooltip was vague and contained incorrect information.
  • This power was not intended to trigger off of passive effects, such as Regeneration or Medical Nanites. We are aware a recent patch has caused some other passive abilities to not trigger Compassion (Sentinel Aura for example). Since these powers should not have been triggering Compassion in the first place, the change will stay.
  • If there are any powers that should be triggering Compassion, like a direct heal, please be sure to mention them. Keep in mind this form will not grant stacks if the target you heal is already at full health.

Infernal Blast
  • Optimized fx.

Knockback Resistance
  • Fixed a bug where this effect would sometimes get stuck on 2 stacks.

Leaping Flames
  • Fixed a bug where this dot wasn't being boosted by damage bonuses properly.

Ebon Ruin
  • Fixed a bug where the increased cost based on charge time for this power was higher than intended.

Dark Transfusion
  • Increased power regeneration significantly.

New Power: Power Conversion
  • Laser Swords
  • Grants energy recovery over time (similar to Dark Transfusion).
  • Lowers damage and healing output while active.

Circles
  • We felt most of the circle powers provided too much benefit without enough drawback (Circle of Primal Dominion in particular). These powers have seen some significant changes in this update to keep their benefits desirable, but not overwhelmingly so.

Circle of Radiant Glory
  • Increased cooldown time to 180 seconds (from 120) when the player is resurrected.
  • Now places all other self-rez powers on cooldown when the rez effect is triggered.

Circle of Primal Dominion
  • Increased the amount of resistance this power gives.
  • Added threat reduction to characters not in Protector Role.
  • Lowered the amount of Knock resistance this power gives significantly.
  • Slightly lowered threat bonuses.
  • Removed the Stealth sight bonus.
  • Removed the Hold resistance negative effect.
  • Removed the additional health and resistance bonuses this circle gave to Sentinel role.
  • Standing in the circle now increases your power costs.
  • Standing in the circle now increases your recharge times.
  • Now disappears after 2 seconds when leaving the circle.
  • New advantage (3): Increases the amount of time this circle persists when you are not in it.

Circle of Ebon Wrath
  • Added Stealth sight bonus to this power.
  • Fixed a bug where the heal debuff did not scale with rank.
  • New advantage (3): Increases the amount of time this circle persists when you are not in it.

Circle of Arcane Power
  • Standing in this circle now prevents energy returns from restoring power.
  • Fixed a bug where this power was scaling with Recovery.
  • Slightly increased base energy return to account for a player's base Recovery stat boosting this power.

Energy Unlocks
  • Many under the hood changes have been made to energy unlocks. This shouldn't have any impact on ones not listed in power changes, but please be sure to check them out.
  • Fixed a bug where some energy unlocks were displaying the incorrect amount of energy they restored in their tooltips. This just affected the tooltip amount.

Conujuring
  • Now applies energy over a period of time.

Telepathic Reverberation
  • Updated tooltip to state that it applies energy over a period of time.
  • This power should now be much more responsive when using it in large groups and grant energy quicker if you are far away.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Dark Transfusion
    • Increased power regeneration significantly.

Not really clear what this means?

Circle of Ebon Wrath
    [*] Added Stealth sight bonus to this power.
    [*] Fixed a bug where the heal debuff did not scale with rank.
    [*] Now disappears after 2 seconds when leaving the circle.
    [*] New advantage (3): Increases the amount of time this circle persists when you are not in it.
    ​​
    It's always seemed to me that this circle needs more of a boost than a nerf. Is it used egregiously?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Hm. Circle of Radiant Glory really didn't need a nerf; I already avoid it in favor of other self-res powers because you get get knocked out of the circle (and killed), forced to run out of the circle (e.g. geysers at Eido), or resurrected into the middle of an ongoing AoE. Circle of ebon wrath isn't exactly impressive either but didn't get meaningfully nerfed.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    @themightyzenith looks like we got the rest of that set
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Ok ok, mostly good.
    Dark Transfusion
    Increased power regeneration significantly.

Laser Swords
    Grants energy recovery over time (similar to Dark Transfusion).
    Lowers damage and healing output while active.

When the current meta is already swimming in tons of energy generation is this really the wisest aspect to be buffing? Making these powers grant even more energy for, what, making REC and END statting even less necessary? If we already have builds that can maintain constant output of attacks like Defile or Ebon Ruin or other typical T3 options without resorting to using energy stats or the like then what really is the point of these moves?

Also lol the decision to include an energy buff in exchange for damage in a set that was designed to use INT. So that all said,
    Energy Unlocks
    Many under the hood changes have been made to energy unlocks. This shouldn't have any impact on ones not listed in power changes, but please be sure to check them out.
    Fixed a bug where some energy unlocks were displaying the incorrect amount of energy they restored in their tooltips. This just affected the tooltip amount.

This extremely vague update note makes me feel some emotion I won't bother elaborating on. Not because it's particularly strong, but because it won't have any impact on how the updates carry out.

in all seriousness though, I have no idea why it's been plotted out to suspiciously have two major non-EU energy-generating moves suddenly tuned up/created at the exact same time as this vague undescribed change.
    Circles
    We felt most of the circle powers provided too much benefit without enough drawback (Circle of Primal Dominion in particular). These powers have seen some significant changes in this update to keep their benefits desirable, but not overwhelmingly so.

That might have something to do with tanks in cosmics being expected to basically be stationary for the whole fight. Maybe if mobility was more of a factor in some future encounters. As it is right now this is just guaranteeing that people get less options to explore making builds with.
    Increased the amount of resistance this power gives.
    Lowered the amount of Knock resistance this power gives significantly.

So basically just forcing all tanks to absolutely be STR-based melee now, ok. Also further reinforcing the exact use cases that this circle has in the meta, since outside of like Qwyjibo or possibly very narrow cases in Teleiosaurus or Eidolon, tanks just stand their ground and block anyways. gg.

Will be fair I like all the other changes on PD otherwise, but for just saying that it's the most overused circle, and then arguably making it better for the narrow cases in which it's being used the most? That doesn't seem... wise, from a gameplay design standpoint.
    Circle of Ebon Wrath
    I'm chill with the other circles but this one is contentious because I already have a hard enough time setting up this circle to justify its DPS-output cost. Especially in the case of Eidolon runs, which require incredible amounts of mobility for damage-output classes. The 3-pt adv might help with that a bit I guess, but already 3-seconds before despawning was way too short to keep this thing up inbetween times I needed to dodge attacks.

lessseee what these costume parts look like now.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited March 2019
    The Helm does not match the theme of the shoulders and shield.

That Egyptian halo needs to be optional and as a top accessory, I'm sure it won't happen but the piece is lacking with it.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    huh. no might changes yet. Laser sword stuff is cool though.
    +5 for moods to work with the mask
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Added Roman Guard bracer and Regal Lion mask costumes to the store.

This made me happy to read. I had been looking forward to more Malvanum Lion pieces in the Neo-Roman gladiator-style theme of the event that can match the other pieces..... then I went to PTS for a look.

jjgjiHj.png

So for some reason we've switched the theme of the Lion pieces from Neo-Roman to Stargate-Egyptian. I was expecting some consistency, but this thing is just..... so many things off with this.... I can't even...

:s

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    The experience I had with the Sorcery Circles before the changes and what's being changed about them now doesn't really make them that much more appealing, and they always felt clunky to use locking the player in place for their benefits.

Circle of Primal Dominion, the Defensive circle, typically was the most appealing of the four due to how little a tank is required to move in endgame encounters. It becomes a "set and forget" ability. This may have more to do with how encounters are designed than with the circle itself, but the way I felt about circles is that they feel like limitations more than enhancements in standard content, where mobility can be taken advantage of.

Circle of Arcane Power being set up as a power to replace Energy Unlocks in this current stage is fair considering its relative power. It's the easiest circle to use since it takes little time to bring up and replace when on the go. Bringing other circles up to speed would be great, even if they lost some of their relative power for it. I have no concerns with this power.

Circle of Ebon Wrath is... despite being an Offensive circle, not very beneficial to a DPS. Even with its 30% damage strength, it doesn't really feel like I'm doing more damage while in it. This could be wildly different if used on a tank or a healer to help bring up damage perhaps due to how "all damage strength" works, but the huge downside in having reduced healing received sorta shuts down my desire to use the circle in any situation whatsoever. That, and I don't like the wording of the healing reduction on the power either.

Circle of Radiant Glory can sometimes have a use for the self-rez portion of the power, but as the "Support" circle it doesn't really like being supportive. I get that bringing yourself back is very powerful and all, but using the circle as a healing tool feels silly at times, particularly because it doesn't feel like a healing or generally supportive power.

To be clear though, the relative strength of the circles is fine with these changes. I just wonder if there can be more done to make them more... interactive?

--

For Circle of Primal Dominion, I would reduce the casting time, make it on par with Circle of Arcane Power. The 3-point advantage could instead enlarge the Circle's area and share its strength with allies standing in it. Non-stackable, of course.

Circle of Ebon Wrath could do with the same treatment, though I am unsure what to do about how lackluster it feels as a damage-boosting power. Perhaps replacing the "all damage strength" with an effect like AoED's Black Lightning? Also, maybe do something about the healing reduction. Likewise, just as I suggested with CoPD, use the 3-point advantage to increase the area and share the bonus of the circle with allies.

Circle of Radiant Glory, I'd like to rework this power a bit more heavily. Make it a general Revival circle. If an ally hero or the user dies inside of it, the Circle would automatically revive them. Ranks would reduce cooldown time/increase health revived to. Overlapping circles could consume all of them if a single hero is revived in the area, or just not allow more than one Circle of Radiant Glory in the location. It wouldn't heal when replaced, at least not naturally. Adding a 3-point advantage on it so the power could heal when the circle moves is probably what I'd like to see.
    ​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Circle of Arcane Power
    Standing in this circle now prevents energy returns from restoring power.
    Fixed a bug where this power was scaling with Recovery.
    Slightly increased base energy return to account for a player's base Recovery stat boosting this power.
    Now disappears after 2 seconds when leaving the circle.
    New advantage (3): Increases the amount of time this circle persists when you are not in it.

I would hope a retcon is coming with these changes? Because +18 energy isn't going to cut it. Especially when your EU is cut out also.

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Didn't know that Wind reverb was updated to be grant energy over time when repelling foes. :anguished:
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,088 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2019
    bluhman wrote: »
    This extremely vague update note makes me feel some emotion I won't bother elaborating on. Not because it's particularly strong, but because it won't have any impact on how the updates carry out.

in all seriousness though, I have no idea why it's been plotted out to suspiciously have two major non-EU energy-generating moves suddenly tuned up/created at the exact same time as this vague undescribed change.

When we say under the hood, it generally means we did something that changed how these powers are structured. Typically this is done for organizational purposes or to prevent a case where changing a unrelated power could change the effect of another power. Stuff like that. It gets mentioned in patch notes because it could cause problems with the affected power, and we want players to keep an eye out.​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    BUG: TK reverb appears to just constantly pump ammo into whatever character has it in their build to the point that they just have infinite ability to attack forever; always. Independent of form; passive.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    BUG:
    Power Conversion REMOVES Form stacks and Passive after activation![/color[
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    BUG:
    Power Conversion REMOVES Form stacks and Passive after activation![/color[
    Can comfirm. Look at my buff when I use the power.
    https://i.imgur.com/RloyXY6.mp4
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Looks like it's outright removing EVERYTHING.

Even Fun Nullifier.

Does that mean we can have fun again?​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, after doing some testing, I have to say a few things. Requiring an (three point) adv just to use the circle in chance you get knock/repel/whatever, is kind of a dick move. Maybe at least two cosmic fight (one if Hatchling is being relentless with her knock aoe and you miss the block) could fully use all other circle that isn't the tank circle. Otherwise, just getting sneeze at or getting into a knock chain will surely move you out of the circle. For the tank circle, the thing I'm most concern about is not the removal of certain buff or the decrease of threat bonus. its the increase of cost using said power. At R3, you're looking at an increase of 24% per hit. Those hard hitters like Haymaker and Massacre is going to feel the expensive cost just standing on the circle. As for the energy circle, there are some work around for it, but it for certain a nerf. Some builds that require EU and circle just to sustain itself is going to get screw, no doubt about it.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Circus Malvanum
    • Added Roman Guard bracer and Regal Lion mask costumes to the store.
    I'm starting to hate the inconsistencies of these different lion faces, would wish they would take on the same shape.
    unknown.png

Also PLEASE change the coloring on the first and second channel of the bracers where blue is on the inside of the armor and the white's the rims.
    unknown.png

Post edited by atlassarnosian on
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    I'm not really happy about the changes to Compassion although yeah I guessssss I understand the reasoning for sentinel aura etc. This is a gigantic change to dozens of powers and effects and I would like clarification on what general categories are supposed to be included or excluded from producing compassion stacks:
    - Healing to self/allies as a rule
    - Healing from heal patches
    - Healing from advantages on attack powers such as Work Up/Stim Pack
    - Healing self/others from Sentinel Mastery
    - Dependency, especially since the Darkness set revamp

Some specific things also:
    - Mind Break's stack detonation
    - Arbiter Mastery healing self/others on completing a combo
    - Bio Shielding, Life Essence, Life Drain
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Power Changes
    Compassion
    • Updated tooltip to be clear on how this power triggers as its old tooltip was vague and contained incorrect information.
    • This power was not intended to trigger off of passive effects, such as Regeneration or Medical Nanites. We are aware a recent patch has caused some other passive abilities to not trigger Compassion (Sentinel Aura for example). Since these powers should not have been triggering Compassion in the first place, the change will stay.
    • If there are any powers that should be triggering Compassion, like a direct heal, please be sure to mention them. Keep in mind this form will not grant stacks if the target you heal is already at full health.
    So while I get that stacking via passive effects is lazy and should probably be fixed, I need to point out that this particular form can be difficult to stack and maintain since it has to actually heal the target instead of attempting to heal a target, especially in "lesser" content when the tank is self-sufficient and tanks minimal/no damage. Being able to stack via broad-reaching passive auras helped mitigate this somewhat since a passive tick could land on a dps that somehow took minor damage from...whatever. With the removal of passive stacking (which again, I agree with) this will become problematic since no other form in the game can prevent stacking in such instances.

Suggestion: Give Compassion the ability to also gain stacks from the application of healing-based buffs and debuffs, such as Illumination (the player buff), Illuminated (the foe debuff), Dependency, Light Everlasting, etc. Or just via the debuffs (Illuminated, Dependency) if preventing out-of-combat stacking is important.

This will allow it to reliably stack (just like every other form in the game) if the tank is "too good" or if a fellow healer is making things difficult.
    • Laser Swords
    • Grants energy recovery over time (similar to Dark Transfusion).
    • Lowers damage and healing output while active.
    I don't think "reducing damage and healing output" is a very good approach to this since it's going to be used as a dps power, likely as as replacement for Circle of Infinite Energy. Why not split the penalty imposed by dark transfusion? As in, Dark Transfusion reduces your incoming healing (a pretty severe penalty if you lack life drains, in and of itself) while Power Conversion can "convert" life into energy--also a notable drawback if you don't have a healer handy or if they're focused elsewhere. Also, advantages to reduce these penalties would be hard to argue with. (In this case, the "penalty" becomes spent advantage points and a power slot)

Oh yeah! While we're looking at Dark Transfusion, it'd be great if the over-the-top visual effects could be removed or toned down somewhat.

- - -

On another note, yaay circle curbstomping. Burn! Although I have to point out that ebon circle is already pretty bad and probably doesn't need any adjustments. Also, "Advanced Casting" (the 3 point extend-the-duration-while-not-in-it advantage, is absolutely not worth 3 points, or even 2. Increasing the grace period from 2 to 10 seconds is a pretty minor increase as it stands. I'd recommend either increasing the decay grace period to 30 seconds minimum, or lowering the advantage point cost to 1. An increase of 2 to 10 seconds on something that has become less vital overall really isn't worth anything more than that.
    Post edited by aesica on
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • duratokgorehowlduratokgorehowl Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The lion mask looks goofy/'cute', and I don't really think that's appropriate for a gladiator mask. It's supposed to be a lion, not a kitten. Give that sucker a mouth and some fangs.
    unknown.png

I agree in regards to previous statements about the Roman bracers. There's a trim that should take up one of the color channels. I wish it looked more like the roman shin guards, as those look really, really nice, but that would be a much more involved redesign so I can imagine that won't be happening.

What are the costume themes for the Circus Malvanum? Is it just gladiator pieces? I think y'all could open it up to new alien pieces as well.
    Post edited by duratokgorehowl on
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Chant adv. on Eldritch Blast isn't refreshing the Hexed debuff.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    • Increased the amount of resistance this power gives.
    • Added threat reduction to characters not in Protector Role.
    • Lowered the amount of Knock resistance this power gives significantly.
    • Slightly lowered threat bonuses.
    • Removed the Stealth sight bonus.
    • Removed the Hold resistance negative effect.
    • Removed the additional health and resistance bonuses this circle gave to Sentinel role.
    • Standing in the circle now increases your power costs.
    • Standing in the circle now increases your recharge times.
    ​​

The increase in recharge times makes choosing this circle to increase threat for tanking sub-optimal.

For a tank to have the tradeoff of their buffs, ADs, and heals take 20-24% longer to recharge in exchange for a 10-12% increase in threat nets maybe a 5% increase in threat (?) if any at all.

For that power point +4 or 5 adv points, it'd be easy to pick a power that would increase threat by 5% and not have to increase cooldowns on everything in your power tray that has a timer... active offense, active defense, ultimate, any heals... etc.
    Post edited by kamokami on
  • snorgatchsnorgatch Posts: 6 Arc User
    The Chant advantage on Eldritch Blast does not refresh the Hexed debuff the way it is supposed to. I tested this in the training room, applying Hexed using Hex of Suffering and then following it up with full strength Eldritch Blasts. The counter on Hexed does not reset; it just keeps counting down.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    My 2 cents on this.
    I agree with people here, the advantage on circles is *not* worth 3 points it should be 1, not to mention we're already lacking adv points specially on tanks because we need so many other things, its very hard to spare just for that, we don't really have a lot of advantage points.
    I mean in this game you get VERY easily knocked and repel'd etc a sneeze moves u out and this will make circles not worth investing in.
    I mean look at catastrophic pummeling and how almost no one uses it cuz of similiar issues with self root, knocks, repels, etc.

Secondly, the knock resistance on primal should stay as it was. Many tanks that aren't strength based (More so dodge tanks who need to invest heavily on dex, while having a bit of con, and some rec for energy because of lack of cost discount on their spec tree like str has.) And need the circle so they dont get knock spammed constantly by every force geyser Teleios Ascendant gravitar dishes out even while blocking. Or every other grond punch. etc. will suffer after this change, they have no room to invest in str because of the other things they are required to have, lots of con, a ranged tank with ego..or dex on dodge tanks.. and while the parkour mods do grant knock resist and dodge you lose a significant percentage of dodge if you use them instead of gamblers even on high ranks. A percentage you heavily need because even a lack in 1% will screw you over eventually.

Thirdly, a lot of builds, like PA could barely handle, even with circle, EU and a energy stat. This certainly feels like an unnecessary nerf.

Fourth, liked the bug fixes, and like the idea of circle reviving others too. (Though if it is used to rez others it shoudnt have a cd, as opposed to when it rez u)

Lastly, i think most heals are having problems with compassion stacking, ive seen issues with iniquity, life eesence, arcane vitality, etc. Where you heal someone for nearly most of their health when they are hurt and you still dont gain stacks, this is a new-ish issue, has been happening recently.

Edit: since were looking into EU's how about the fact people running tk reverb (on Live server not pts) can deal with little to no rec, thus being able to invest in con or str.
    But other EU's seem or feel to be very lacking energy wise and need something else to back you up, dragon rush, an energy stat, etc.

And sorry for my bad grammar or english, also don't let the new handle fool you I'm a veteran player.
  • Also, I'm cool if the threat changes to the circle stay, but do consider, say, PRE based off tanks who used aorp and support role, using that circle for resistance. The threat reduction could hurt them. But again, I do understand this change.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Wind Reverb always worked like that, didn't it? I use it on my Rocketeer character, haven't noticed any changes. I will

@kaizerin - I don't suppose that while you're working on Energy Unlocks there is any possibility of adding one based on Knocks?
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User

Power Changes
    Compassion
    Finally a clear statement about the situation.
    [*] If there are any powers that should be triggering Compassion, like a direct heal, please be sure to mention them. Keep in mind this form will not grant stacks if the target you heal is already at full health.
    [/list]
    If you haven't done more changes than those mentionned here, then some healing powers doesn't stack compassion everytime they should. For my part, i'll mention lifedrain, rebuke and arcane vitality, and assure it is NOT a "no stacking because full health" problem. I add the problem seems to not be constant (some times it procs, some time it does not, even if cooldown is under 16 seconds), but is a significative nuisance, especially when cumulated with the other changes.
    Several other players mentionned that problem.

aesica wrote: »
    So while I get that stacking via passive effects is lazy and should probably be fixed, I need to point out that this particular form can be difficult to stack and maintain since it has to actually heal the target instead of attempting to heal a target, especially in "lesser" content when the tank is self-sufficient and tanks minimal/no damage. Being able to stack via broad-reaching passive auras helped mitigate this somewhat since a passive tick could land on a dps that somehow took minor damage from...whatever. With the removal of passive stacking (which again, I agree with) this will become problematic since no other form in the game can prevent stacking in such instances.

Suggestion: Give Compassion the ability to also gain stacks from the application of healing-based buffs and debuffs, such as Illumination (the player buff), Illuminated (the foe debuff), Dependency, Light Everlasting, etc. Or just via the debuffs (Illuminated, Dependency) if preventing out-of-combat stacking is important.

This will allow it to reliably stack (just like every other form in the game) if the tank is "too good" or if a fellow healer is making things difficult.

Pretty much agree with that. And i'll add shield powers to the list of buffs that should proc on application (while in combat)

Since you devs seems to try to "balance" things, i would like to know if you do not see a lack of coherence in "Manipulator" and "Enrage" proccing on attempt, and Compassion proccing only on effective heals.
    WARNING: i do not pretend manipulator and enrage must be nerfed to proc only on effective crowd control / knock; indeed, some mobs/ boss CANNOT be knocked or crowd controlled and defenses against these effects can be generated by other players, so proccing on attempt is Perfectly COHERENT and JUSTIFIED.
    My question is just why "compassion" does not get the same kind of logic knowing that some circonstancies allow situations where no targets can be healed ?

edited March 2019
    What Duratok posted! Just like that...make the mouth part open too.

Make the top accessory an add on and fix the mouth to look like a lion and not some kitten :3

And make hose bracers match the leg accessory.....no freaking reason why they shouldn’t
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Circle of Radiant Glory should rez you, no matter your body's position to it, as long as the circle was still around when you were defeated.

This makes sense as you could move around and tap the power to reset a new circle (if one was already up) in a new location. Plus, that gave out a small AoE heal.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    And make those bracers match the leg accessory.....no freaking reason why they shouldn’t

Including giving them a strapless version, like the foot accessories

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Added Roman Guard bracer and Regal Lion mask costumes to the store.
    jjgjiHj.png
    Oh Cool, its Dagoth UR from Elder Scrolls Morrowind
    tumblr_occtv0Dj6a1vz00mlo1_1280.jpg
    New advantage (3): Increases the amount of time this circle persists when you are not in it.

Circle of Ebon Wrath

Circle of Arcane Power
    JUST EWWW! What is this madness?
    3 points advs for a mundane effect? That's disgusting
    Unless 2 or 3 more effects are part of this adv this is just a rip off​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Circle of Ebon Wrath
    Added Stealth sight bonus to this power.
    Fixed a bug where the heal debuff did not scale with rank.
    But is this Circle worth using thought? From all the circles, Wrath still feels the most underwelming
    Last time I checked nobody wanted to use this circle because of all the drawbacks and the damage layer​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I wonder if one way to mitigate some of the KB woes is to adjust defensive gear that has the Freedom subtitle. The majority of it only affects CC and is lackluster. However, the Virtuous set (and technically another set that rolls Freedom and Fitness together) also gives KB resist in addition to the CC resist. It would open up options to those not stacking STR.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    pjz99 wrote: »
    Some specific things also:
    - Mind Break's stack detonation
    - Arbiter Mastery healing self/others on completing a combo
    - Bio Shielding, Life Essence, Life Drain

Forgot Light Everlasting
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Compassion has always had problems with spike heals where you overheal even slightly. While I can understand the idea of not building compassion when healing players at full health, it should work on players with missing health but your overhealing them a bit. This wasn't a huge problem since sentinel aura helped build up compassion anyway, but now that needs to be changed.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aiqa wrote: »
    Compassion has always had problems with spike heals where you overheal even slightly. While I can understand the idea of not building compassion when healing players at full health, it should work on players with missing health but your overhealing them a bit.
    You sure it doesn't? I've never observed that happening.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Although I understand changing Compassion away from passive effects, I also agree w/ the others that it doesn't seem fair to not also have the toggle proc on attempted targeted heals, instead of the current threshold to register a proc (the more dmg shields or dmg res the targets have, and the lower the enemy's base dmg, the harder it is to break that threshold- creating a bias against certain content and passives like AoRP- or even MN or Sent Aura now that their heals don't count). By changing to attempted heals, the toggle could also be procing upon application of things like Mindful Reinforcement, Protection Field, and Bionic Shielding- which would be nice, since these powers are targeted and activated. The icd mechanic is still there to prevent the toggle from stacking too quickly, either way.

Bug: Circle powers are listed as Enchantments, but don't seem to be able to proc Spellcaster.

Bug: Rapid/Quick Recovery in Str, End, and Rec PSS don't appear to be working at all. (also: Con's Quick Healing is only working in combat, and I'm unsure if that's intended)

Bug?: Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary, Healing Runes, Con PSS's Quick Healing, and Electric Form's heal can still passively proc Compassion with their healing. (I assume they aren't supposed to now, judging by CoPD's heal, Regen, Shadow Form's shadowfeast etc. not working, but I could be mistaken)
    BUG:
    Power Conversion REMOVES Form stacks and Passive after activation!
    Bug: Dark Transfusion is also doing this.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    aiqa wrote: »
    Compassion has always had problems with spike heals where you overheal even slightly. While I can understand the idea of not building compassion when healing players at full health, it should work on players with missing health but your overhealing them a bit.
    You sure it doesn't? I've never observed that happening.

Yes, I've had lots of times where compassion doesn't stack when I just spam iniquity on a tank. If I wait for their health to drop more so iniquity doesn't overheal it generally works.
    I've had occasions if all stacks of compassion dropping while maintaining Arcane Vitality over the tank and any people between us, at Kigatilik, so yeah occasionally Compassion just kind of craps out for no reason.

I really, really want it clarified whether Compassion is going to produce stacks on self healing or not.
    edited March 2019
    I really, really want it clarified whether Compassion is going to produce stacks on self healing or not.
    It could proc from some of the normal self-heals I tried (whether they be cd ones like Conviction or self-Vala's, or spam-able ones like self-Arcane Vit or Rebuke; BCR can still proc it multiple times per use, due to the HoT). Self-healing should generally count in this Compassion revisit, as long as its direct and not passive.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    I don't mean how it's behaving now, because that's obviously in flux, I mean what is intended as a general rule.
    edited March 2019
    I don't mean how it's behaving now, because that's obviously in flux, I mean what is intended as a general rule.
    I mean... the new power description for Compassion on the PTS outright states it in the trigger conditions ("... you can gain another instance of Compassion whenever you directly heal yourself or an ally"), and we haven't been notified that self-healing would be excluded in general. I guess you're not on the PTS to be able to see?
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    I wonder if one way to mitigate some of the KB woes is to adjust defensive gear that has the Freedom subtitle. The majority of it only affects CC and is lackluster. However, the Virtuous set (and technically another set that rolls Freedom and Fitness together) also gives KB resist in addition to the CC resist. It would open up options to those not stacking STR.

Not a valid option for dodge tanks who need to use dodge gear, sadly.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    It would be only fair if Circle of Ebon Wrath got a real boost for damage.
    avianos wrote: »
    Circle of Ebon Wrath
    Added Stealth sight bonus to this power.
    Fixed a bug where the heal debuff did not scale with rank.
    But is this Circle worth using thought? From all the circles, Wrath still feels the most underwelming
    Last time I checked nobody wanted to use this circle because of all the drawbacks and the damage layer​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    With Compassion stacking becoming a bit tougher when multiple healers are present (i.e. Cosmics), healers may need additional healing forms that trigger off of something other than healing. For Fire healers, Smoldering presents an apt solution (in spite of its scaling stat being bad for investment), but those who only have Compassion as a viable option may be left struggling and competing with one another just to heal some damage. More forms should be something to consider down the line, but something that may be a temporary saving grace for many builds is to make some of the forms we currently have grant a secondary healing bonus like Spellcaster and Shadow Manifestation.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2019
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I mean... the new power description for Compassion on the PTS outright states it in the trigger conditions ("... you can gain another instance of Compassion whenever you directly heal yourself or an ally"), and we haven't been notified that self-healing would be excluded in general. I guess you're not on the PTS to be able to see?

It's already changed on Live and I had not checked how it is worded on PTS right now, tbh the change should be reverted from Live until it's a little more baked than it currently is.
    deadman20 wrote: »
    For Fire healers, Smoldering presents an apt solution (in spite of its scaling stat being bad for investment),

I am totally happy to see alternative statting strategies rewarded but yeah, tying Smoldering strictly to Rec was really inexplicable. It should have been Pre or Rec.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    So basically just forcing all tanks to absolutely be STR-based melee now, ok.

Let the hyperbole begin!

Geez, for such a minor change to powers that don't really matter there sure is a lot of uproar. Far as I can tell these changes won't really change anything in any meaningful way. CoRG still functionally serves as a 2nd self-rez, so I'll keep that on my healer. CoPD is still just for tanks that want to fight other tanks for main aggro, so just as little interest as before ( which means I guess my tanks that weren't STR-based melee before the change still won't be? ). CoEW still isn't worth it for the 5% damage increase...well oddly enough the new 3 pt advantage might make it a bit more interesting for certain builds. CoAP will still be used by the same builds using it now. *shrug* I'm fine with this.

Compassion changes shouldn't be a problem for any actual healers, other than bugged heals which will of course get fixed. There's really no reason to add more sources of stacking since healers are gonna heal, and if you can't heal enough to keep your form stacked then you're in a situation where you don't need to heal at full power anyway. I bet they're going to add more healing forms like the Fire one, which let you stack offensively hence getting around that issue entirely, which really is the better solution. Players should start getting on board with the new and stop clinging to the old.

Nice to see that Ebon Ruin's cost was too high, seemed a bit tough to spam reliably.​​
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Not a valid option for dodge tanks who need to use dodge gear, sadly.

Well, in fairness I also feel that the KB resist mods should be better than they are. It's one of those things that feels like it should have multiple routes.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
This discussion has been closed.