test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MARCH 2019- DOTG MARCH MYTHOLOGY MADNESS!

shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Costumes and Concepts
MARCH MYTHOLOGY MADNESS IS BACK!

The Defenders of the Galaxy will be hosting 4 mythology themed switching Costume Contests (CCs) in march (and a bonus one in April)!
These CC will be at 8pm Server time in the Millennium City Power House Theater.
Each CC will be a switching CC.
Round 1: heroes and benevolent gods and creatures.
Round 2: villains, malevolent gods and monsters.

I would also like to add that you do not have to make your costume traditional; if you can pull off a futuristic, tights, tech, etc. version of something from myth you are welcome to bring it.

I changed up the Category Titles a bit to be more inclusive of all geographic regions while also giving us room to focus on favorite mythology categories. If you have a Mythology or Legend that you think is not covered in here that you would like to bring, ask me in game and maybe we can determine the best fit for it.

The Schedule
  • March 6th: Mediterranean and African Mythologies (This includes but it not limited to Egyptian, Greek, and Roman).
  • March 13th: Northern Europe, British Isles and and Arthurian Legend.
    - Bonus: we will also have a St. Patrick's Day category.
  • March 20th: Asia, Australia and Pacific Islands.
  • March 27th: The Americas (North, Central, South). This includes Native American, Aztecs, Incas, Mayans, Inuit, American Folklore.
  • March 34th? (April 3th): Heaven and Hell: Bring your Angels, Devils, Demons, Celestial Beings.
If you have questions about what fits a category please ask us in game or here on the forums.
Also, since your costumes will be judged separately you do not have to stick with the same mythology for both costumes.

Hope to see you there.

Comments

• shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    And for the rest of April 2019 our CCs are:
    • 10th: 80s retro
    • 17th: SNL Homage. Bonus: Mike Myers Movies.
    • 24th: Marvel Homage.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    What happens if you edit a character to have a mythological costume but you don't change their name? I ask since some may not be as well known and some ideas may use the "tights or technological" concepts.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    What happens if you edit a character to have a mythological costume but you don't change their name? I ask since some may not be as well known and some ideas may use the "tights or technological" concepts.

Names are not required to meet the theme, but names can be a useful tool for adding context to the costume.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Frustratingly, I missed March 6th (I mistakenly assumed it would be on the weekend). Shall you be posting photos from the CC?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • alfa1777alfa1777 Posts: 17 Arc User
    If I go to the place, I have to participate or I can go as a viewer only?
    alfa1777 wrote: »
    If I go to the place, I have to participate or I can go as a viewer only?

You can always watch. Spectators usually hang out on the host SG's left.
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Frustratingly, I missed March 6th (I mistakenly assumed it would be on the weekend). Shall you be posting photos from the CC?

Piffle has a thread in here where she has posted many pics. I do not know if it is current.
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    ~Just~ got it caught up!