test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Void and The Midnight: Any Build Advice?

riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Builds and Roles
So it looks like there were some major changes to the Darkness framework. Plus, a new darkness themed AT and some changes made to the Void.
Does anyone have any build suggestions for these? I haven't played in a few months, but the new changes brought me back.
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

Comments

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Ebon Ruin + Dimensional Collapse is a nice surprise so far. :)
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The Midnight isn't in the HC yet, so just a quick edit of its forum build:

Archetypes
    New Archetype: The Midnight
    Dexterity - Presence - Recovery

Level 1: Shadow Bolt (r1)
    Level 1: Shadow Blast (Devoid + r2 or Stun adv)
    Level 6: Shadow Embrace (*any 4-pt combo)
    Level 8: Shadow Form (r3)
    Level 11: Dimensional Collapse (Devoid+Fear advs)
    Level 14: Shadow Manifestation (r1)
    Level 17: Ebon Ruin (r2+Nycto)
    Level 21: Ebon Void (r2 + VD or r3)
    Level 25: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 30: Shadow Shroud (r2-3)
    Level 35: Summon Shadows (r2 + heal adv or r3)
    Level 40: Madness Aura (spare adv pt dump)

* SEmbrace is prob the most wildcard w/ its advs, depending on how defensive vs. offensive you want to be when dealing w/ trash (full defensive would be DD adv + heal adv; full offensive is just w/ R3; full CC is DD + NttG adv, etc)

.. has Overseer + Avenger specs:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (1/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Ideal single-target rotation is initially putting up Devoid w/ SBlast, using DCollapse on cd to refresh Fear & Devoid, while spamming ERuin as filler. If energy is an issue, you can opt for a lighter rotation like alternating between SBlast and ERuin (and getting Preemptive Strike in Avenger). DCollapse is 50ft, so a 100ft rotation would have to rely on SBlast charges to apply/refresh Fear and Devoid, w/ ERuin as the main attack. Summon Shadows can boost dps in the background and could also help heal you, assuming that pets are fine in the content you are doing. The 1-pt heal adv on ERuin is pretty minor, but since its a dps AT that uses Shadow From then you could consider it.

Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Dex and Rec (and maybe some End talents). Despite having Dex PSS, you prob still want to get good crit rating on gear, since you lack Guardian or Vind specs but still have Expose Weakness + charged attacks (not really an ideal setup, but its an AT so eh).

-
    The Void had its stats updated and its toggle changed to the new one. There's not much is diff about the build's core (mainly, you now want to gear Pres for it regardless), and its build and playstyle will somewhat depend on how much you want to focus on dps vs. support/CC (unlike w/ the Midnight, which is more dps-focused either way).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Thanks Flo. I'll give that a try.

It's actually pretty close to what I have right now. I converted an older lvl 30 I don't regularly play to the Midnight. It's not 1/2 bad for an AT. The passive healing is pretty good for Alert content. Not as good for harder group content (i.e. Snake Gulch). But we'll see how it pans out at 40 with some decent gear. But the darkness changes are quite nice overall. I'm sure someone will post a FF darkness dps soon.
    edited February 2019
    If I were to give a basic Darkness dps FF framework it'd be similar to the Midnight's power setup I gave (re-ordered, ofc), but prob using Ego PSS (w/ 3/3 in 6th Sense) + Ego Mastery, and Guardicator specs (or Avenger w/ PStrikes if using the blast rotation). Also replacing the AO w/ Imbue_LNL_IceSheath, maybe axing Madness Aura (though the power does have some situational strengths & fun factor, I admit), and adding more self-heals and defensive powers (self-rez, ADs, and/or threat wipe).

<CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    I'm running the build below on my Void...

The Void Hybrid Support/DPS

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Powers
    Level 1: Shadow Bolts (Despondency)
    Level 1: Shadow Blast (Rank 2, Devoid)
    Level 6: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Draining Shadows)
    Level 8: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Grasping Shadows (Void, Consumption)
    Level 14: Shadow Manifestation
    Level 17: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Voracious Darkness)
    Level 21: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia, Darkness Feast)
    Level 25: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 30: Shadow Shroud (Terrifying Visage)
    Level 35: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
    Level 40: Ebon Rift (Event Horizon)

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
    Avenger: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Mastery: Guardian Mastery (1/1)

Mostly geared for Presence and using Super Stat Talents. The Void is much improved IMHO but Spec Points are tight with this build. Draining Shadows on Shadow Embrace is worth the point spend IMHO. It mitigates a lot of damage by self-healing. On the previous version of the Void I kept having energy issues. Those are pretty much gone with the current build. All-in-all it's not a bad back-up healer and the DPS is decent, even with Merc Gear.

It dawned on my that the new Shadow Manifestation toggle seems to be made for DPS/Healer and Tank/Healer Hybrids. So we'll probably be seeing some interesting build using the toggle, once the bugs have been ironed out.
    Shadow Manifest is mostly a copy of Mental Precision in TK, but mainly using a less dps-oriented stat to scale with. The innate heal bonuses w/ Pres do make it a more defensive/support oriented pick, yea. Also, I'd prob pass on ranking up the energy builder for the AT.
  • lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
    I am stupid .
    I know.
    Is that a FF or the new Midnight AT Flowy?
    The one I posted earlier? That's the Midnight AT. It should be in the HeroCreator now if you want to tinker around w/ builds for it.
  • lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
    Yes that one. Thanks