test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cosmic Melee DPS

kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
Hey there!

I have a plant based hero who uses sticks or “thorns” as weapons. I’ve been reading that fighting claws need some rework done. Also, that dual blades is great for AOE, but not damage output. I’m interested in cosmics, so my question is which would be the most recommended way to go? Thoughts?

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Neither dual blades nor fighting claws has been revamped, but both are perfectly credible dps by themselves, and they have very similar rotations for single target dps:
    Fighting Claws: your initial build looks like this:
    Powers
    Level 1: Hawk's Talons
    Level 1: Viper's Fangs
    Level 6: Form of the Tiger
    Level 8: Way of the Warrior
    Level 11: Dragon's Claws
    Dex should be a primary or secondary superstat, and where you put most of your stat points. There are several viable spec trees, see the endgame dps build for spec trees.
    Rotation: Viper's Fangsx3 to apply shredded, Dragon's Clawsuntil shredded expires (10 full charges if you don't have to block), repeat
    Dual Blades: your initial build looks like this:
    Powers
    Level 1: Rain of Steel
    Level 1: Blade Tempest
    Level 6: Way of the Warrior
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Dragon's Wrath
    Same stats as above.
    Rotation: Blade Tempest x3 to apply shredded, Dragon's Wrath until shredded expires (10 full charges if you don't have to block), repeat.

There's stuff you can add to your rotation for an increase in damage but involve going out of set and just using the above will be credible.