test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clarification of Sentinel Mastery against Bosses, Cosmics, etc.

torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
Unless I'm mistaken most bosses, cosmics, etc are generally immune to or have highly decreased duration against all of the things that allow sentinel mastery to proc. Yet I see healer builds frequently seem to rely on it. I may be mistaken, yet iirc, if these effects can't affect these NPCs then they don't even appear as debuffs on them which means that sentinel mastery can't be procced because allies can't strike the affected target because there is no target that's affected against these types of npcs. With this in mind it seems to me that sentinel mastery would only be useful against trash mobs as they're the only ones these effects can be applied to.

These healer builds are supposed to be "end game," which means healing for super-bosses like cosmics and the like but they talk about sentinel mastery quite a bit so I'm just wondering if this is one of those things that's just supposed to make getting to the boss easier or.. what.. exactly is going on with recommending Sentinel Mastery.

Either I'm wrong or I'm missing why Sentinel Mastery is chosen for so many builds in that healer thread, either way if someone has the time I'd really appreciate some clarification as to why that's what's suggested. Either I'm wrong an an idjit or I'm right and not seeing something.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Sentinal Mastery is applied when you attempt to hold something. You don't have to actually hold them, hence why it works on hold immune targets.​​
  • torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Sentinal Mastery is applied when you attempt to hold something. You don't have to actually hold them, hence why it works on hold immune targets.​​

Thank you very much. I appreciate that! I was just confused because it didn't say "attempt" it just said that the paralyze, stun, or sleep effects cause allies to heal when hitting the affected target and so the wording made it sound like that the debuff had to be on the target which I knew couldn't happen against immune targets.

As it's a "mastery" skill it sorta made sense in my head that the devs would be like "Yeah, we don't want this to be THAT strong" and intentionally made it so it couldn't be used against immune targets which really devalued it to me.

Thanks again for the clarification, you've been a big help. :)