test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Making An Alien Looking Character

How do I make my character which is in the picture below look more like an alien? I gave him the stuff wears over his mouth and eyes due to the fact that he cannot breathe the air found in the Earth and that sunlight can blind him without protection. The reason I gave him the bat ears was to make him look more like an alien. Also how would make his horns color-wise look like they are made out of bone?

2r7woeg.jpg

Comments

• Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Two big things jump up for me right off; 1) Go for another skin color. No matter what you do with red skin and horns, it says demon more than alien on first looks. 2) There's one or two neck pieces that are really thick collars that could help with the breathing device look. I just forget if what I'm thinking of is among the basic starter costumes or not.

Also for bones like horns, either go a dull white, or really pale yellow.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What does an alien look like?
  • Options
    Also....bone color:

Try the beige looking color row like 12, it’s under the blackest orange and yellow. Looks like a grayish brown

Or

The bottom row above the grey and whites, I think it’s the yellow column
  • Options
    rosewyndrosewynd Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Would I need to change my costume so I look more like an alien?
    Would the neck piece my character is wearing in the picture below be the neck piece you are thinking of omnilord?
    1zbqu50.jpg
    Post edited by rosewynd on
  • Options
    Once again...what does an alien look like?

You can make anything and say it’s an alien
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Once again...what does an alien look like?

You can make anything and say it’s an alien
    Well here is an alien I am making for PnP Champions. That can show what I think of when I say alien. Take away the extra two arms and you have a description of what this character's race looks since I forgot to mention he is a mutant.
    He is a humanoid with four arms that stands five feet, ten inches tall. He is muscular, sleek muscles rippling under his overlapping scales that are the color of polished obsidian. A large central fin and two bony ridges run across the top of his head and down the back of his neck where they met. The ears are pointed. His three eyes are luminous, sulfuric yellow in color with vertical slits. The third eye is located in the center of his forehead. Blade-like teeth that are very serrated and razor-sharp line his jaws. Both of his hands have three fingers and a thumb tipped with a sharp hook-like claw. Extending from the end of his spine is a three feet long prehensile tail. Both of large feet have three toes that end in inch long claw.

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    So basically a monster?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    So basically a monster?
    Why does the description sound like a monster and not like an alien?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Probably the fangs and tails...

But that is a description you can go by, why not use the gator like scales skin?

And you didn’t use the third eye either
  • Options
    Probably the fangs and tails...

But that is a description you can go by, why not use the gator like scales skin?

And you didn’t use the third eye either
    The problem using the third eye is I can not cover the third eye with anything since I want to have the third eye to have protection due to the fact that sunlight blinds him and the fact that he cannot tolerate an atmosphere such as the Earth's. Also I have to get rid of his costume piece protection his eyes if I want to give him a third eye.

The main problem with giving him scaly skin is that the humanoid head does not get to have scaly skin unless I am doing something wrong.

I would love to be able to have if it is not much a single fin along with his horns. The problem with that is to have a single fin on his and horns I would have replace his bat ears with the horns if I want to have horns and a single fin. Another problem is the single fin does not work with the third eye. The the single fin covers some of the third eye which I do not like.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    rosewynd wrote: »
    So basically a monster?
    Why does the description sound like a monster and not like an alien?

'Monster' can cover many things in fiction, including aliens.

monster (/ˈmɒnstə/),noun: a large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    dimshade1dimshade1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Have you tried the headlight head wear piece + the attachment mixed with the huge goggles?
  • Options
    Humanoid does have scales, go to face, noseless , and there is like a serpent...

Thing is you have this description and it doesn’t really match your costume. Like I don’t get why he is on earth if he can’t handle the sun and atmosphere.

If you are going to hide his face it doesn’t matter what he looks like; put him in a space suit and be done with it