test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Submachinegun burst

first... fix the little typo there
second
there's no real reason for it to hit 3 targets, the 5 target cap is already on most AOEs and that 3 pnt adv isn't really worth, making it hit 5 targets wouldn't even make it overpowered, it doesn't do that much damage already, there's an intent of balance on making it hit less targets, but it's done in a wrong way, it's not an op power, it's underwhelming, the shield adv on it doesn't even last that much, just 2 seconds​​
Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    You lost me when you implied that Wall of Bullets isn't worth taking.​​
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    <.<
    sorry I may have not communicated well what I tried to say
    those 3 points adv + extra bullets take a lot of what you can put on this power already, being a weak dps​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    edited November 2018
    Well, you don't have to take Wall of Bullets + Extra Bullets. You could just take Wall of Bullets + Rank 2. Wall adds strong defense to the power so that's the reason something has to give with it offensively, you can either have more damage or more targets, up to you which you think will be more useful. Choices, choices!

I take Wall + R2 on my munitions toon and it feels very strong, so that's the route I would suggest taking. Take another AoE power for when you don't need the defense and just want to put out max damage on 5 targets. Oh wait... you're not one of those people who only takes 1 single target and 1 aoe on your toons are you?​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Don't have any issues with the power, personally - rather like the two pistol version, you can set it up how you want, defence or damage. I tend to go with the defence side.... the shield lasts long enough after use to throw a grenade or a similar power, then you can get back behind the shield and carry on whittling enemies down. Seems fine to me.....
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    For most builds, wall of bullets and R2 seems like the way to go.

I think it is a pretty good and useful power overall. My one big issue with SMG and BHail is the rng of furious application. I have an assault rifle build that I used to play alot. But recently, I find myself playing it less and less. I'm tired of waiting on furious to stack. Sometimes it stacks right away... sometimes no stacks after 3 full maintains.

Be nice if it had a guaranteed stack of furious on full or half maintain. That really doesn't seem remotely unbalanced to me.

Or maybe the answer is to give assault rifle a bigger payoff for the trouble.

I don't want to take 2gm to build stacks... because I would just end up spamming 2gm.

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Oh wait... you're not one of those people who only takes 1 single target and 1 aoe on your toons are you?​​

Of course not, obviously you need to take a power to apply the Armor Piercing debuff along with 2GM and Lead Tempest.
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Well, it would be nice to be able to stick to a theme without gimping yourself. What's the point in having all those submachine gun skins if the only power that uses them is only good as a shield?
    edited December 2018
    sannia1 wrote: »
    the only power that uses them is only good as a shield

Good news: It's also good for dealing aoe damage. That information is right there in the tool tip!​​
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Except it's absolute garbage as a damage dealing power and you know it. Please stop being a smart-****.
    edited December 2018
    It does lots of damage, in a wide area, and you can move while using it. It is, going by the facts, a fantastic damage dealing power. Take it from someone who's been using it for years.​​
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I'm not sure I would say SMGs damage is fantastic. But, it is a low energy cost, tier one power... so ya kinda get what you pay for. I don't think anyone is saying that rank 3 sucks, just that the shield is really handy. Ifya want to rank it to 3 as your main aoe, it can work fine for that.

You can also take aggression on it for a guns and swords or gun-toting furry build. I had a build like that, and it worked well.

Pretty versatile power. My quibble is that the furious application is completely at the whims of the fickle gods of RNG.
    vonqball wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is saying that rank 3 sucks, just that the shield is really handy. Ifya want to rank it to 3 as your main aoe, it can work fine for that.

Yeah, the shield advantage is so good it's almost crazy not to take it. That's why it's great that there's 2 versions of the power, someone could take 1 with wall of bullets, and 1 with rank 3 and extra bullets. Or one of the many other also great aoe powers munitions has. Options! \o/​​