test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fallout 76 aka The facts why Fallout 76 is bad. Or why Bethesda is.

12345679»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,134 Arc User
    All I know about it is that JT Music and Rockit Games made a pretty cool song about it.

"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 14,927 Arc User
    edited March 13
    I was waiting for them to say some gangsta lines about bricking consoles but I guess this was made before that o3o
    Long story short: Anthem saw the F76 fiasco and said "hold my beer".​​
    Yahtzee's review for the Escapist didn't mention bricking either. Perhaps it's a later development.

"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,668 Arc User
    A post-release Anthem patch was causing PS4s to overheat. The OS didn’t always recover cleanly from the crash, leading to fears of bricking, but there’s a Safe Mode command that repairs the problem. Even when it’s not overheating systems, Anthem console players frequently report that their boxes’ fans are constantly at full blast.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 7,809 Arc User
    Get a proper PC, you filthy consolepeasants.
    Stay on topic.
    Anthem seems just some kind of cool looking shooter with incredibly silly looking powerarmors. I mean those legs, like WTF, are you a
    kangaroo???
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    OTOH, you don't want the leg thrusters melting your feet off...

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 2,979 Arc User
    Anthem serves as a happy reminder that Warframe exists.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 14,927 Arc User
    edited March 16
    Haven't hearding anything about FO76 ( no clock resets ) and now an announcement of new content. I guess we can consider this ship turned around.

jennymachx wrote: »
    Anthem serves as a happy reminder that Warframe exists.

That was exactly the purpose it served for me. Anthem got announced, I remembered Warframe, and now I've been playing it daily \o/​​
    So far the new bit is the daily mission regarding brewing - Biv E. Ridge is lots of fun. ("Here's a new recipe retrieved from the archive of where I found it on the floor. Don't mind the alcohol stains." <belch>)

I think the Faschnact (sp?) Parade starts tomorrow; that one's a seasonal event, awarding... well, something, including Faschnact(?) masks. And sometime later we get the ability to build vending machines in our camps to sell things to other players, as well as a special vendor to sell Legendary items to (and buy them from!).

That would be an amazing coincidence - you'd have to be online at the same time as its creator, and wind up by chance on the same server (each one only holds, IIRC, 26 people, in order to increase the post-apocalyptic feel of the world). I hope to find it one day, as I'm told the deathclaw, being tamed with the Wasteland Whisperer perk, will only aggro if attacked - it's just that most people will attack a deathclaw on sight, just to stay safe...

(Kind of the way I feel about those goddamn windup monkeys. Sure, they don't do anything in this game, but I have a lot of bad memories from FO4.)

• shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited March 16
    they didn't really do anything on FO4 either...i mean, i know they're supposed to be trap triggers, but none of the ones i ever ran across seemed to do anything - aside from light up and clack, of course​​
    they didn't really do anything on FO4 either...i mean, i know they're supposed to be trap triggers, but none of the ones i ever ran across seemed to do anything - aside from light up and clack, of course​​
    They light up, clack - and alert nearby ferals to the fact that you're there. No sneak attacks when there's a goddamn monkey around. (I snipe their heads off with a silenced weapon as soon as I see them.)

• shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    well, no wonder they never did anything bad for me - i'm rambo, not shinobi​​
    Stealth builds can assassinate with a blade; I've seen that in some of Oxhorn's videos. I'm more of a sniper - my preferred engagement is one where the enemy doesn't even know I'm there until at least a few of them are dead, and if they never figure out where I'm shooting from, so much the better.

I try for the same thing in 76, but silencers are harder to come by. OTOH, when you can use an orbital-strike beacon as an opening move, it makes the whole engagement go much more smoothly.