test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugged: Tornado Slash and Storm Summoner

aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Gameplay Bugs
Tornado Slash
The advantage, "Soul Capturing Blade" doesn't refresh existing stacks of Dependency. While it makes sense for spammable appliers (Ego Blade Frenzy, Telekinetic Barrage) to not refresh existing stacks, all cooldowon-based appliers (Soul Vortex/Soul Drain, Mental Leech) refresh existing stacks because it's the only way these powers can feasibly ramp it up to the full 3. Tornado Slash/Soul Capturing Blade cannot do this currently because the stack falls off around the time the 3rd stack would be applied.

Storm Summoner (and sort of Invocation of Storm Calling)
Even though it's tagged as a ranged power, it doesn't apply a stack of Concentration when maintained halfway, or even after a full maintain. The power it was derived from (Invocation of Storm Calling) doesn't apply its Concentration stack until the very end, which is also odd, but at least the form is usable with it.
(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
    Tornado Slash - This is intended.
    Storm Summoner - Cannot reproduce.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Tornado Slash: Unfortunate, especially since you have to actually give up the stun functionality for it. Ah well. :(

Storm Summoner: I just tried it out again to make sure I wasn't spacing out with anything. This is after several back to back FULL maintains of Storm Summoner. Note that the single default concentration stack actually fell off:
    JIU9eiS.png

And with Invocation, it doesn't apply any stacks until right around the last hit:
    IoF63Rl.png
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Storm Summoner has the same issue that Crushing Wave has always had: its a 3-second maintain at max, but having 1-sec ticks means that it can't pass the 4-tick rule to proc Conc/CF that way (the extra tick you get at the start of the maintain doesn't count for it). You can always use something like Power Source w/ it, though (or for it and CWave, have something >25 ft away targeted when you use them).

Storm Invocation doesn't have this issue cause its max channel time is 4 seconds, so you get the 4-tick rule counting for it if you maintain it long enough.

I think the disconnect is that Chilled Form has the more accurate rules (like the 4-tick rule) outlined in the tooltip, but the advertised 'proc when you fully charge or maintain a ranged power' in its description (and similar lines in both Conc's description and tooltip) is not actually true, nor part of CF's tooltip.

visual of what I mean-

CF Tooltip:
    QwvM60P.jpg
    vs. CF Description:
    rmVVA2C.jpg
    and vs. Conc Tooltip:
    R744qfy.jpg

I assume CF's description and Conc's tooltip & description are just out-of-date and erroneous in various ways. They could prob use some updating.
    (and yea, it'd also be nice if 1-sec tick maintains worked w/ them better)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Oh, that might explain it, and their descriptions should probably be updated.

And yeah, 1 second ticks should probably get some love for these powers. Maybe "...or maintain a ranged power for at least 2 seconds" which would leave 0.5 sec tick powers alone while bringing 1 sec tick powers up to the level of their 0.5 sec counterparts.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Huh interesting, so Storm Summoner works better with the Form from its own set than it does with Concentration/Chilled. That seems about right to me. After all, gotta have some motivation to get people pried away from those stale old forms. ^_^

As for stacking Dependency, you could always take multiple powers that apply it if you need it stacked to 3. Maybe there's some intent there? Guess we'll see if a certain power is changed during the Telepathy pass.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Huh interesting, so Storm Summoner works better with the Form from its own set than it does with Concentration/Chilled. That seems about right to me. After all, gotta have some motivation to get people pried away from those stale old forms. ^_^
    The point isn't whether or not people should "stop using those 'stale' old forms" or whatever. The point is that the wording in concentration is misleading enough to have resulted in this bug report. If it's supposed to work based on X number of ticks rather than half/full maintains, the wording should be updated to reflect that.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    As for stacking Dependency, you could always take multiple powers that apply it if you need it stacked to 3. Maybe there's some intent there? Guess we'll see if a certain power is changed during the Telepathy pass.​​
    Unfortunately, it most likely means people will just ignore Tornado Slash when considering Dependency appliers. In its current state, it's literally the worst one which is why I thought this might've been a bug.
    aesica wrote: »
    The point isn't whether or not people should "stop using those 'stale' old forms" or whatever. The point is that the wording in concentration is misleading enough to have resulted in this bug report. If it's supposed to work based on X number of ticks rather than half/full maintains, the wording should be updated to reflect that.

Yeah neat, my primary point was that it works better with Power Source, which is cool. I like that.
    aesica wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it most likely means people will just ignore Tornado Slash when considering Dependency appliers. In its current state, it's literally the worst one which is why I thought this might've been a bug.

Nah, that void tornado in darkness is the worst one since half the time it doesn't even apply the debuff.​​
    Oh, just to mention it, one thing Tornado Slash has over Soul Vortex and Mental Leech is that it applies Dependency immediately. Those other two have a significant delay before they apply.​​