test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We need an Interrupt Device

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
We have devices that have CC effects (Stun/Paralyze/Incapacitate) yet there are no device that Interrupts. At Kiga, Interrupt is more reliable when pulling dogs since the group usually doesn't listen to the "Please don't use CC powers!". So here are some suggestions for an Interrupt device. (Also, these suggestions could also be power suggestions so I'll just leave it up for discussion)

Sticky Goo
50ft
8-10 sec cooldown
You launch a goo at the enemy. Usually at their mouth.
Deals X Toxic damage. Interrupts and roots the target for 10 secs

Silencing Dart
50ft
8-10 sec cooldown
Shoots a dart at the target.
Deals X Piercing damage and interrupts the target

Deafening Roar
25ft, PbAOE, 5 Target Max
8-15 sec cooldown
Similar to Chilling Roar, only that it is an Aoe Interrupt.

Smartphone
25ft, Cone, 5 Target Max
8-10 sec cooldown
Your smartphone has an unusual powerful flash. Interrupts the target and gets Illuminated.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Smartphone
    25ft, Cone, 5 Target Max
    8-10 sec cooldown
    Your smartphone has an unusual powerful flash. Interrupts the target and gets Illuminated.

If this ever got into the game...my character Basic White Girl would love you forever.
  • Smartphone
    25ft, Cone, 5 Target Max
    8-10 sec cooldown

only if it gets extra duration against werewolves and other beastmen...as a nod to dog soldiers where they kept using camera flashes to temporarily blind werewolves​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    We just need more proper interrupt powers in general. Lunges, brute strike clones, and tier 0 powers would be good candidates, although tier 0 powers should do it 100% regardless of charge time because a charged interrupt is hilariously bad.

As for the devices, they'd be great. I do need to point out though that the cooldowns you have listed are a bit low for devices. Generally, 20-30 seconds (before cooldown reduction modifiers) seems to be the low end.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    We just need more proper interrupt powers in general. Lunges, brute strike clones, and tier 0 powers would be good candidates, although tier 0 powers should do it 100% regardless of charge time because a charged interrupt is hilariously bad.

As for the devices, they'd be great. I do need to point out though that the cooldowns you have listed are a bit low for devices. Generally, 20-30 seconds (before cooldown reduction modifiers) seems to be the low end.

I made it low because a 15-20sec cd isn't enough to always interrupt kiga's dog's howl. A missed howl can be bad for everyone. Most likely what causes most pulls to be zerged.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    They would probably want you to carry two devices and alternate with each other.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It seems to be very intentional that you can't use devices as reliably for this purpose as you can powers.​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Smartphone
    25ft, Cone, 5 Target Max
    8-10 sec cooldown

This is so funny I LOVE IT onion-7.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I actually want to see more interrupts in game and these device ideas might be a good way for newcomers or ATs to the interruption team. :+1:
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    Yes please! I've never liked the idea of wasting a power slot on something I would only ever use at Kiga. As it is now, I've pretty much given up on pulling dogs just because there's always at least one dummy who just can't listen and spams CCs like crazy.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    opalflame wrote: »
    Yes please! I've never liked the idea of wasting a power slot on something I would only ever use at Kiga.

I also don't like that idea. Hence why I use my interrupts at places other than Kiga o3o​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's a single power slot with no advantage points; it's not horribly precious.