test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

L.T Officer (Pistol/Melee/Support Build)

"The Officer serves as our Squad Leaders, capable of providing extra morale and support. They're also trained in the use of pistols and swords and can train skills to further enhance themselves and their troops."

Hi All

So with one of my OCs still in the PH (at level 40 doing nothing) I think it's about high-time I start to give her a build now that the Melee rework is out and I feel that I can start making a build that don't have anything "Psioinc" in it. (yey).

Now the build will focus more on Melee and Support (the Pistol is just there for thame, as we still don't have single pistol powers in the game yet). So ideally the build will be DPS/Support, but as this is new grounds for me (I never touched the normal Melee stuff before), so I'm not 100% sure of what I'll do.

As you can tell, another build based of XCOM 2, ideally the build will be one sidearm and mostly melee with some support

The Build: This is a rough concept of the build, by no means is this a viable build. The build is just some ideas of what type of powers I'll like to tryr mix and match.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)

Link to this build: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=1000000000000000008100D100D3009D00MB00DR00DO008L00DJ00K500D700EK00KE00K900000100000000100000000&e=
v3.12:30

Super Stats
Level 6:
Level 10:
Level 15:

Talents
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Steady Shot (For Thame)
Level 1: Reaper's Caress/Slash (What is better?)
Level 6: Swift Strike (Stun, unsure if I'll need it with my Grenade)
Level 8: Energy Shield (it's a shield)
Level 11: Aura of Primal Majesty (Passive: Unsure what Passive will be ideal out of all the AoPs, but for the type of built, Majesty is jack of all trades, as I can't have both passives, that lets me buff damage and protection)
Level 14: Tornado Slash: Maybe I'll build around having a "Flaming Blade" so deals chin-damage, rather than pure metal blade
Level 17: Dragon's Bite
Level 20: Concussion Grenade (Stun Adv)
Level 23: Cut Down (Might not need a lunge, due to my EU will bring mobs close)
Level 26: Conviction (Must have heal?, with adv to help team?)
Level 29: Inexorable Tides (I'll like her to have some kicks to knock down peps)
Level 32: Chi Manipulation (Unsure what should go here, but if I plan to go flaming chi stuff, this might be ideal, but then again, not sure)
Level 35: Celestial Cleansing (Buff for teammates?)
Level 38: Illumination (Buff for teammates?)
Adv. Points: 0/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

So as you can see, not much in a way of powers atm, but if you can provide your own ideas that be great, as I have no complete tham (besides the EU and Buffing Teammates) or -must-have- powers, I can be more laid back with this build.

Legion
Psi.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    You don't have many ways to actually support teammates here- outside of mainly just giving them an Aura buff. Also, you mentioned pistols, but have none except for the energy builder (which you shouldn't be using much anyways); do you actually want most of your attacks to be from Single Blade? You could use something like Bullet Ballet instead, though that's not single pistol. There's also Holdout Shot as a cd, potentially.

You can use a single pistol as your main weapon, via the Blaster powers in Gadgeteering, but that's a futuristic theme. You'd be changing to a ranged unit then too. Also, what content do you plan on doing? Cause if you'd rather be more of a dps w/ some passive support, you may be better off as a Hybrid, but I wouldn't be bringing a Hybrid aura to large-group content either. There's various other problems w/ the build atm, but I'd like some of these more general things cleared up first before getting into detail.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    flowcyto wrote: »
    You don't have many ways to actually support teammates here- outside of mainly just giving them an Aura buff. Also, you mentioned pistols, but have none except for the energy builder (which you shouldn't be using much anyways); do you actually want most of your attacks to be from Single Blade? You could use something like Bullet Ballet instead, though that's not single pistol. There's also Holdout Shot as a cd, potentially.

You can use a single pistol as your main weapon, via the Blaster powers in Gadgeteering, but that's a futuristic theme. You'd be changing to a ranged unit then too. Also, what content do you plan on doing? Cause if you'd rather be more of a dps w/ some passive support, you may be better off as a Hybrid, but I wouldn't be bringing a Hybrid aura to large-group content either. There's various other problems w/ the build atm, but I'd like some of these more general things cleared up first before getting into detail.

Humm

Well the ideal plan was just to have the EU (The Pistol) and then go with the rest for full melee (As the game don't support single pistols as a framework, always duel pistols in the hands). But given the huge lack of single sidearm uses, I might just have to live with it and go for dual-pistols and single blade.

If the build can work with just the EU as the pistol the full out melee then that's great I'll go for that,if not I'll suck my pride up and try to play with Holdout shot/BB and other stuff with a single blade. (but let me know first)

As for Content, I never plan to do any higher than Alerts (As I only really do them and very small missions for RP).

Psi.
  • Options
    (EU means 'energy unlock', not the energy builder)

Well, since there isn't much for single-pistol Muni atm, sure go w/ Single Blade. If doing just upto Alerts then you can be fine as a Hybrid, since going full Support will considerably lower your own damage. Here's a mostly SB Hybrid dps that's more for soloing, for an example:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11230abGA9PK0000008100D105DA00MB03D50CEL00K503DU05DJ08ON01850C9D01D301KC042jN83SXU11KW200000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Steady Shot
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
    Level 6: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Scything Blade (Swallowtail Cut, Heavy Blade)
    Level 14: Steadfast
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 23: Cut Down (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack, Open Wound)
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Swift Strike (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Palliate (Absolve)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Uses the usual buildup to 5x bleed w/ RCaress and then rupture w/ charged REmbrace rotation for SB, and uses charged Scything Blade for AoE. Holdout Shot can heal you a bit more and help stack bleeds. I kept the stun in there for CC, and added Palliate for a threat wipe + heal, though other things could go in those slots if you don't want those powers. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Cheers I'll look into it!
    Psi.
  • Options
    Ok so after toying around with the build a bit and editing the build I decided just go with dual pistols and not just the one (while it does kinder break her thame, we just don't have enough single sidearm frameworks yet). If The Gat rework comes out I will likely switch to that. (or if we have more single pistols).

So far I have all the basic stuff (Unsure if I go for the EB gunslinger yet, still deciding, but due to its ranged, not so sure). I have the main 2 blade powers, the EU,the passive and block. But I have also gone for B.B. However I have noticed I now have 2 combos, unsure if thats redundant or not. (I rather have BB over Reaper Cas). For the rest of the powers I am defly wanting
    Tornado Slash due to its AoE Stun. I went for Execute Shot due to I enjoy this power alot and the rest of the powers are all your that seem good.

I am unsure what to put as the last power tho

My Edit - Freeform (Hybrid)

Link to this build: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&amp;n=My Edit&amp;d=11230abGA9PK000000D000D105DM00MB039D00DA008G03DR09K5038F03DU05ON03KC0400002jN83SXU11KW200000000&amp;e=

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Reaper's Touch
    Level 6: Steadfast
    Level 11: Energy Shield
    Level 14: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 17: Bullet Ballet (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Tornado Slash (Rank 2, Fighting Spirit)
    Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Execution Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Palliate (Absolve)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hm, okay. Yea Bullet ballet is mostly redundant w/ RCaress, and if you went w/ BB then you don't really have a good bleed build playstyle to justify taking Reaper's Embrace (SB's toggle/form won't work w/ Bullet Ballet anyways, since it doesn't bleed/wound). You'll have to decide if you want to commit to SB's bleed mechanics or not. I also typically wouldn't get R3 on Resurgence since it'll more likely be over-heal.

Here's an example of a build that goes more into Muni/melee, but keeps some SB for utility:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11230abGA9PK0000008100820C8E00MB03B8008G05K503DJ089D01DR03ON018F03000000002jN83SXU11KW200000000&e=

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Steady Shot
    Level 1: Burst Shot (Taking Names, Off Your Feet)
    Level 6: Killer Instinct
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Bullet Ballet (Rank 2, Not Without Incident)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Cut Down (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Tornado Slash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Execution Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 30/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Last 2 powers can be whatever you want. Maybe Lead Tempest if you want wider AoE, or an AO, or a threat wipe, or Holdout Shot w/ adv, or a self res, etc..

Puts up Furious and AP debuff w/ Burst Shot taps, and this will optimize Bullet Ballet (which can also AoE nearby targets). Execution Shot is for theme, but you can also power it up w/ Brawler's Setup, I guess. Also kept Tornado Slash in for theme and for the AoE stun. Gears mostly for Dex and maybe some Con, since AoPM will boost all the basic stats as is.
  • Options
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Hm, okay. Yea Bullet ballet is mostly redundant w/ RCaress, and if you went w/ BB then you don't really have a good bleed build playstyle to justify taking Reaper's Embrace (SB's toggle/form won't work w/ Bullet Ballet anyways, since it doesn't bleed/wound). You'll have to decide if you want to commit to SB's bleed mechanics or not. I also typically wouldn't get R3 on Resurgence since it'll more likely be over-heal.

Puts up Furious and AP debuff w/ Burst Shot taps, and this will optimize Bullet Ballet (which can also AoE nearby targets). Execution Shot is for theme, but you can also power it up w/ Brawler's Setup, I guess. Also kept Tornado Slash in for theme and for the AoE stun. Gears mostly for Dex and maybe some Con, since AoPM will boost all the basic stats as is.

Humm I'll look into the build and see what I want to commit too
    Psi.
  • Options
    Hey sorry for the delay, had to sort things at home.

I did some toying around and I will commit to the "Bleed build" over the Bullet Ballet one, I also have switched some dual pistol powers around, so they are more quick damage/first shot in powers and then "Oh **** button" so I got Exc Shot, Holdout Shot and Lead Tempest. They all seem fitting as well.

I -may- not need "Cutdown" due to I can pull mobs with Hold Shot, but it might be still useful to get in (unsure on that), but as for the rest of the powers, got my Heal/From down, just two powers to pick out if this time, I may go for a Rev-Lunge for a extra "Ohshi" button and just to give myself some lee-way.

Unsure of the last power, maybe a extra heal or AD?

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Hybrid)

Link to this build: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11230abGA9PK000000D000D105DM00MB039D00DR00DJ008F0C85008U00B800K500000000002jN83SXU11KW200000000&e=

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 11: Energy Shield
    Level 14: Tornado Slash
    Level 17: Cut Down
    Level 20: Execution Shot (Is It Not Just Mayhem?, I Pay It Gladly)
    Level 23: Holdout Shot
    Level 26: Lead Tempest
    Level 29: Form of the Tempest
    Level 32: Conviction
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 12/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Passive/SS/Tals unchanged.
    Psi.
  • Options
    So many people want single pistol powers, when will the devs finally hear us and implement the 7-8 existing animations? :/
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Bullet Hail has an adv that can allow you to bleed targets from range, if you want a pistol AoE alternative to Lead Tempest (its a frontal cone AoE instead of LT's wide pbAoE, though). The lunge can still be nice just cause the core of the build is still melee, and Holdout is fine to keep cause it can apply Open Wound and heal you. I'd def stick Reaper's Embrace in there to capitalize on 5x bleed stacks, though. This will leave the build a bit cluttered as is, so I wanted to cut one attack (either Exec Shot or Tornado Slash) to make room for stuff. For example:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11230abGA9PK000000D000D105DM00MB03B800K503DJ00890b850CDU059D018F05ON011L002jN842kg11KW200000000&e=

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Cut Down
    Level 20: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Aggression, Extra Bullets)
    Level 23: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack, Open Wound)
    Level 26: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Execution Shot (Rank 2, Is It Not Just Mayhem?)
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)

Normally FotT and Steadfast are RNG prone, but w/ AoPM and Dex SS + Dex gearing you should be fine w/ energy- and have high crit anyways.
  • Options
    Cheers I will look into it!
    Psi.
  • Options
    So many people want single pistol powers, when will the devs finally hear us and implement the 7-8 existing animations? :/

I know right?
    Psi.
  • Options
    So after much thinking I think I will be scrapping this build as its quite difficult to get the right spot for this OC and the type of powers I will like. So I will have to call it quits on this build.

I'll have a think of how this OC should go out and I'll post then.
    Psi.