test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/01/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
Takofanes rises!
  • Added Set Monster, Mad Scientist Hair 2 and Broomstick costumes to the event store.
  • Added Zombie Idle 2 emote to the event store.
  • Added Scourge archetype to the event store.
  • Onslaught Villains who enter in the open mission area of Undead Heroes will now start taking damage until they leave the area.
  • The cooldown time on the Takofanes open mission has been reduced to 1 hour (from 2).
  • The failed cooldown time has been reduced to 10 minutes (from 2 hours).
  • Regular zombies will no longer spawn once the open mission has reached the final phase to help with performance.
  • Toy Master now has the Undead Heroes action figure store where you can exchange the Undead Hero parts into an action figure.
​​

Comments

• jose1046525jose1046525 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    "Onslaught Villains who enter in the open mission area of Undead Heroes will now start taking damage until they leave the area."

This was proudly brought about by the Alter Egos Super Group.
    - Player Killing since 2009.
  • dwnside13dwnside13 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Will there be a Taco Orbiting Aura drop from Tako?
    Post edited by dwnside13 on
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Onslaught Villains who enter in the open mission area of Undead Heroes will now start taking damage until they leave the area.
    Ok but the damage was already done the past years, can there be a PUNISHMENT for the scumbags griefers who had been doing this the past 2-3 years and got away with it? The guy who had been griefing the Clarence fights when the OSV first came out was NEVER punished

Also I hope this mechanic is becoming a norm for all open world events in MC, especially Clarence​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    dwnside13 wrote: »
    Will the Taco Orbiting Aura be a drop from Tako?

Please, God Please. Orbiting Taco Aura from Tako would be the ultimate drop!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Nah. What we really need are ghostly, floating Tako Bells.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Bloodmoon
    Takofanes rises!
    • Added ...... Broomstick costumes to the event store.
    ​​

Any chance of Broomsticks vehicle , travel powers, or travel power devices?
    *gets quidditch gear ready*
    edited November 2018
    avianos wrote: »
    [*] Onslaught Villains who enter in the open mission area of Undead Heroes will now start taking damage until they leave the area.
    Ok but the damage was already done the past years, can there be a PUNISHMENT for the scumbags griefers who had been doing this the past 2-3 years and got away with it? The guy who had been griefing the Clarence fights when the OSV first came out was NEVER punished

Also I hope this mechanic is becoming a norm for all open world events in MC, especially Clarence​​

So, you want players punished for a game mechanic the developer implemented. Show me one post or anything where anyone on the GM staff has said this is a violation of the TOS? Preventing player progression is contradicting to implementing a mechanic where you can kill players in open world events. This is just bad implementation of the mechanics. kaizerin too steps here today to officially correct that so good job there, but dont hate the players hate the game or the lack of thought that goes into the development of it.

And the player you're refereeing too is the Leader of AE and a legend for getting all three onslaught pieces in 3 days. So many tears in such a short time...
    True. It is often hard for the devs to anticipate the scumbaggishness of some players in advance of their actual behavior.

But, I will hate the players for violating the spirit of the event. I.e. ruining the fun of other players. After all, mechanics were put if place to minimize OV griefing in similar open world events, so it is something the devs have, in the past, indicated was improper behavior by taking steps to curb it. Why they hadn't implemented such a mechanic before the Halloween event they will very likely never say (dev communication being what it is). Now let's see the sophists try to wriggle out of this.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    And taking advantage of flaws in the system to troll events IS covered by the TOS.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    True. It is often hard for the devs to anticipate the scumbaggishness of some players in advance of their actual behavior.
    Everything that's problematic about OVs was predicted when they first came out. The devs back then did not care, and then the entire studio was axed and Onslaught became abandoned content.
    edited November 2018
    Alter Egos demands that the PVE community surrenders or the Player Killing will continue!
    Note that I said "hard for the devs" not "hard for the players" ;)
    Everything that's problematic about OVs was predicted when they first came out. The devs back then did not care, and then the entire studio was axed and Onslaught became abandoned content.

JwLmWoa.png
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I like it about time they cracked down on people like this, just need a full time GM wondering around to eye things i wish. I run a role play game sometimes on the week ends and i need to keep an eye on a few because they are exploiters.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    BM's final week seems underwhelming for me. But at least this gives me a reason to take a break from CO for a while.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Bloodmoon
    Takofanes rises!
    • The cooldown time on the Takofanes open mission has been reduced to 1 hour (from 2).
    • The failed cooldown time has been reduced to 10 minutes (from 2 hours).
    • Onslaught Villains who enter in the open mission area of Undead Heroes will now start taking damage until they leave the area.

These are some great QoL changes and very much appreciated! I wonder where the "BoP Kill Gaem" squadron is to offer just praise for overall positive changes. Makes it look like they only care about complaining fox-1.gif
    Alter Egos demands that the PVE community surrenders or the Player Killing will continue!

But if the PvE community surrenders who will hold the RP community at bay??? We might turn into *gasp* Second Life onion-50.gif​​
    NINJA CHANGE of the good kind (though personally I don't like it)

>The damage Deathlords deal to heros has been lowered significantly.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    can there be a PUNISHMENT for the scumbags griefers who had been doing this the past 2-3 years and got away with it?

What do you suggest?​​
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    Bloodmoon
    Takofanes rises!
    • Added Scourge archetype to the event store.
    ​​

Cool the Scourge AT, I will try for that one!
    And @kaizerin as a new player I wanted to thank you and the rest of the CO staff for your work on the event. I hope to see you in game sometime.
    Ok, 2 things have apparently changed with the Tako OM.

1) As previously mentioned the damage the DLs do has been significantly reduced, to the point where you can leave a Hero unattended for 10 seconds and he won't die
    2) There appears to be a cooldown on how frequently Taco can summon a Deathlord towards a particular hero. His regular summon speed is something around 30-45 seconds, but last night we got down to a scenario where only 1 hero remained and Taco took around 90 seconds to resummon the Deathlord, allowing healers to keep the last hero alive while people killed Taco.​​
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    dwnside13 wrote: »
    Will the Taco Orbiting Aura be a drop from Tako?

Please, God Please. Orbiting Taco Aura from Tako would be the ultimate drop!
    Nah. What we really need are ghostly, floating Tako Bells.

Undead Floating Fast Food Chains orbiting your character? I dig it!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Bloodmoon
    Takofanes rises!
    • Added […] Broomstick costumes to the event store.
    ​​

Um, I think there’s been a misunderstanding.

F9F19C304FDEA5AB9248AE3EE8F89E80DC26F6E7
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    I noticed today that when my OV went to beat up on the Guardians at Until HQ he took massive damage from nearby Vigil. Is that intended? Makes it tricky to use OV in that general area.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I noticed today that when my OV went to beat up on the Guardians at Until HQ he took massive damage from nearby Vigil.
    He was in the open mission area, so presumably yes. You'll need to be pretty careful to do an OV rotation this week.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I noticed today that when my OV went to beat up on the Guardians at Until HQ he took massive damage from nearby Vigil. Is that intended? Makes it tricky to use OV in that general area.
    This is what I was afraid would happen. :/ there's a lot of overlap.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

2HZ5.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!