test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update Zombie Apocalyse for Blood Moon

pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
Zombie Apocalypse, as a PvP mode, can be fun, but it's very dependent on the capabilities of the zombie; if a healer or something gets turned into the zombie, it's mostly an exercise in frustration for that character, and fairly boring for the living heroes. I think adjusting the NPCs in ZA would help a bunch. Ideally it would be possible to start the match with no zombie hero and have it still be interesting.

My proposal:
  1. Do some basic upgrades to zombies. I suggest giving all of them a chance to apply Deadly Poison and Debilitating Poison on their basic attacks (similar to warzone horrors), and then give Plaguebringers Pestilence, Fatties Defiance and Venomous Breath (no special upgrades are needed for Fetterers or basic zombies). They might already have some of those upgrades, Turakians I think apply poisons nowadays.
  2. There's a new debuff, Dead of Night, that gets applied to all hero players. This is something like -10% per minute (of the match) to damage, damage resistance, and healing strength.
  3. There is a new buff, Hunger of the Dead, that gets applied to zombies. This is +50% to damage and movement speed per minute, but resets whenever a PC dies.
  4. As the above effects will make PC zombies probably a bit too good at killing heroes, being a zombie gives a flat debuff to damage (say, around a -50% damage debuff, which means it matches up with the -50% defense debuff from Dead of Night after 5 minutes).
  5. To avoid the various exploits with leaving and re-entering, PCs who die in ZA receive a Zombie Infection debuff for some period (10m?). If they enter a currently running ZA with that debuff, they are automatically turned into zombies. If they enter a ZA that hasn't yet started, the debuff is cleared.