test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Squirrel Question

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
I'm working on a cigar-smoking, whiskey-drinking, two-fisted, two-barreled pulp action squirrel (cuz I want to be one of the cool squirrel kids and my gaming buddy made a moose, or sorts). At the moment I am using the mouse head with raccoon ears for the head, but not really very squirrel-like. I'm curious what other people use to approximate a squirrel head. Any pointer will be much appreciated.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• most of the ones i've seen seem to use the otter head with squirrel-like ears (if there are any)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Use a human head and make it that way. Those furry heads are awful looking and make you look like everyone else
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,023 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I use Raccoon head with the Cartoon Dog ears, but again he is not 100% Squirrel
    he also wears a hat and Bat Winged Glasses so BLEH theres is that, your mileage may vary
    I have seen people using the Otter head for Squirrel and Skunks
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm working on a cigar-smoking, whiskey-drinking, two-fisted, two-barreled pulp action squirrel (cuz I want to be one of the cool squirrel kids and my gaming buddy made a moose, or sorts)..
    Are you making CONKER? :U
    Because this is 100% Conker
    Use a human head and make it that way. Those furry heads are awful looking and make you look like everyone else

LOL what a party pooper that you are! The Bestial heads are pretty damn nice and well designed , perfectly for Anthro characters, you just be hating hater tiger-35.gif
    Yeah because Human characters with with default faces or little to none costumization heads and same hairstyles in CO are totally not looking the same plastic Dolls vQTD03D.png

It's ok to want more super hero stuff, but don't be a Dick about what other people enjoy on characters' designs​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • yeah, let's not get into just how ret*rded human faces in CO can get...​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Never heard of Conker. I was thinking of Rocket from Guardians.

The otter face is better than the mouse, but it's pretty hard finding something to hide the otter ears. Unfortunately most helmets don't work well on animal heads.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    No customization? The hell you smoking? Do you guys even tailor?

Yeah if you never touch your scaling of course they all look like defaults. The furry heads are just glorified mascot head.

But hey...if you just want a unoriginal approach witu little to no work into the design. Go for the furry head.
    edited October 2018
    No customization? The hell you smoking? Do you guys even tailor?

Yeah if you never touch your scaling of course they all look like defaults. The furry heads are just glorified mascot head.
    I do and my human-humanoid characters, the Face costumization is the weakest part of the Tailor and thats why said characters wear masks to hide how bland Sthe costumization is (especially on the female characters)

The only best part of the face costumization is for making Non-heroic villain characters and my Orcs, Goblin and Troll characters REALLY prove this
    But hey...if you just want a unoriginal approach witu little to no work into the design. Go for the furry head.
    "unoriginal", that's a laugh, I have seen way too many well design anthro characters ingame
    I'm really sick of people like you, if you are going to hate a part of the CO community then fine go ahead, this will cause only more hate and show how narrow-minded you are. OP wanted to make a Squirrel character and you just came here to tell how much anthro characters suck in CO and how he shouldn't do it and design a human instead

It won't stop people from making anthro characters anyway because those costumes are selling so they are doing their jobs on making CO money and bring more customers

and the correct word is Anthro, short for Anthropomorphism, get at least the term correctly, a lot of us grew up with watching cartoon shows and playing videogames with anthro characters

Let people ENJOY things​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Never heard of Conker. I was thinking of Rocket from Guardians.

The otter face is better than the mouse, but it's pretty hard finding something to hide the otter ears. Unfortunately most helmets don't work well on animal heads.
    GROOVY I also made a character inspired of Rocket Raccoon recently
    and for reference of Conker
    conker-3.jpg
    Along with the whiskey-drinking I find it amusing how perfectly he fits your Description ahahaha :lol:

Yeah unfortenately the first Animal pack doesn't have the option for seperated ears
    A lot of the newest costumes work great on Bestial Heads, the Otter head is kinda small however even with max head sliders which may come out as an advantage for head wear​​
    I said for him to use the human head and make it that way....get out of your furry mind for a second and stop putting words in my mouth.

The beast heads suck. That’s what I’m saying. They are all standard sizes and animations and lack customization and uniqueness. You look like everyone else, sorry to bust your bubble.

You could make a human face and design a squirrel with it (like Squirrel Girl or even what’s her name from Chip N Dale)

This is coming from a guy who is....way for it! Wait for it!!! Wait for itttttttttt

A RAT!

Did I use the standard rat head to look like everyone else? Hell no!

So furry, shut it. I wasn’t being narrow at all but giving him a better suggestion than looking like an otter.
    edited October 2018
    I said for him to use the human head and make it that way...
    Perhaps I overreacted, but I have seen you so many times constantly bitching about Anthro costumes that that was the breaking point so I apologize for that
    get out of your furry mind for a second and stop putting words in my mouth.
    I have plently of open mindsets and interests which are not limited only on the content of Anthropomorphism thank you very much
    The beast heads suck. That’s what I’m saying. They are all standard sizes and animations and lack customization and uniqueness. You look like everyone else, sorry to bust your bubble.
    That's YOUR OPINION, its not a fact, your opinion doesn't reflect the majority of the players and communities ingame who enjoy those head parts
    and thanks to the revamped Tailor bestial heads have access to all Head Options from head accessories to hair

and they only look the same in YOUR EYES, not everyone else view their character in the same way and style.
    Good thing Character costumization is not limited only on the head area
    You could make a human face and design a squirrel with it (like Squirrel Girl or even what’s her name from Chip N Dale)

This is coming from a guy who is....way for it! Wait for it!!! Wait for itttttttttt

A RAT!

Did I use the standard rat head to look like everyone else? Hell no!
    This worked for your character's concept, but it cannot work for everyone else
    So furry, shut it. I wasn’t being narrow at all but giving him a better suggestion than looking like an otter.
    Ahahaha NO. And just like this you lost me. Ending your comment and telling me to shut up while calling me a Furry in this aggressive inferior manner won't help the situation :smile:
    Shows what kind of person you are

OK I'm going to End Here, I apologize to the OP for getting the Topic off Tracks I will respect if he would like to clean this thread​​
    I just discovered something that the Devs have to FIX RIGHT AWAY. Cigars don't actually align with the mouth of an otter (it looks like it is sticking into the lower lip). I want the money back that I spent on my LTS. This is simply unacceptable!!

I would actually be interested to see someone turn a human face into something that looks like a squirrel.
    JwLmWoa.png
    I have two good examples of players one is a mech squirrel and another tights one.

Nutshot was in the anni CC I believe.

And @innocturn45 has one on his page I think
    Hmm, can you point me to images? I've no clue how to find these.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Sure, let me look for them later. At work
  • With a little imagination, I bet you could use the Teddy Bear ears and face to make a squirrel without having to resort to an animal head.
  • which teddy bear ears? i think most of them are kind of...large for proper squirrel ears, given squirrel ears look like this

Squirrel_closeup_profile.gk.jpg

unless you aren't trying to go for a realistic squirrel look and more of a cartoon style to more properly fit in with the rest of the game​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • The ears and face that are in the exclusive store.
    edited October 2018
    [2013-01-17_00008_zps682f6e3a.jpg
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
    b08TymP.jpg
    not sure where the Mech one went....but here is a human version. 100x better than some damn otter.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    i'm using raccoon head and fruit bat ears on Sneaky, nutty buddy uses mouse head
    Costume_CloudsatDawn_Sneaky_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_583759369_zpstfho7clj.jpg

Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    For now I am using mouse head with raccoon ears. Just can't get a human head to look like a squirrel.
    JwLmWoa.png