test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nemesis System Suggestions

riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Suggestions Box
The game doesn't really make it clear how players can encounter their Nemesis. The thing is I'm quite certain players really would like to confront their Nemesis more frequently. But the process of finding Nemesis Clues is somewhat confusing.

So I'd like to make two simple suggestions.

- Convert Nemesis Clues Into Daily Missions -
Currently, clues drop randomly from destroying objects or defeating enemies. It would make a lot more sense to turn these into daily drops from an established contact. Perhaps a Nemesis Informant could be placed in RenCen. Players could then go to the contact once per day and get their clue.

- Let Us Fight Our Nemesis Regularly-
Perhaps they could appear randomly in "Save a Citizen" missions, Bank Robberies, and Lairs. Nemesis can already randomly appear in the Fire Cave on Monster Island. So this doesn't seem like too hard feature to implement.

I guess my point is that the Nemesis system is not being used to it's full potential. While taking into account that Dev resources are limited, a few small tweaks can be very effective. For example, Save The Earth! That was a relatively simple project that has proven quite popular. I know I'm not the only player who really likes the Nemesis System, and just wants more of it.
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

Comments

• hebruixehebruixe Posts: 28 Arc User
    Good suggestions!
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    riverocean wrote: »
    The game doesn't really make it clear how players can encounter their Nemesis. The thing is I'm quite certain players really would like to confront their Nemesis more frequently. But the process of finding Nemesis Clues is somewhat confusing.

So I'd like to make two simple suggestions.

Currently, clues drop randomly from destroying objects or defeating enemies. It would make a lot more sense to turn these into daily drops from an established contact. Perhaps a Nemesis Informant could be placed in RenCen. Players could then go to the contact once per day and get their clue.

- Let Us Fight Our Nemesis Regularly-
    Perhaps they could appear randomly in "Save a Citizen" missions, Bank Robberies, and Lairs. Nemesis can already randomly appear in the Fire Cave on Monster Island. So this doesn't seem like too hard feature to implement.

I guess my point is that the Nemesis system is not being used to it's full potential. While taking into account that Dev resources are limited, a few small tweaks can be very effective. For example, Save The Earth! That was a relatively simple project that has proven quite popular. I know I'm not the only player who really likes the Nemesis System, and just wants more of it.

^
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2018

So 20 hour cooldown instead of 6 hours? mmmmmnope.
    And it's the colored bufforbs (green, blue, red and white) when picked up, that triggers Nemesis minion ambush.
    If i remember right the police chief gives information about the ambushes when player gets the Nemesis creation mission.
    Trashing chairs and picking up the orb triggers ambush 99,9% of time. Well, everytime. Even picking someone elses orb...
    You can get new clue to a mission after 6 hours finishing previous one.
    But getting clues from different contacts would be nice. For different kinds of Nemesis missions. Would requiere new missions ofcourse...
    And Nemesis should have a chance to appear any kind of mission that player does. Great idea.
    Only one mission/place that the Nemesis appears out of Nemesis missions is at the Volcanic Lair in Monster Island. You can get multiple ambushes by exiting and re-entering the cave.
    And times actually fighting against your Nemesis are way too rare. Even in Nemesis Alerts...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!