test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 3 Attack Drones Bugged?

Is anyone else having troubles with their level 3 drones will not attack? They just sit there stupid... doing nothing at all, let alone a big giant particle burst. Sometimes when entering a fight they might fight for like 10 seconds then quit, i'd say 95% of the time they just stand there and do nothing. Anyone else have this issue. Thank you.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Pet AI can be stupid and buggy sometimes; I don't think that's specific to the drones. I tried them on R3 in the PH & in attack mode, and they attacked the targets just fine- though they're sometimes sluggish and weird with their pathing. Also keep in kind that this rank of the drones has a charged up laser that debuffs, and that takes a bit of time to come out.

Oh, also make sure you morphed them to the attack mode w/ the Drone Transform command on the pet bar. They summon in heal mode by default, and they don't attack then.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Most summons/pets are useless on the high end stuff as well, since every time an aoe goes off, all of them are immediately destroyed since they can't block.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Is anyone else having troubles with their level 3 drones will not attack? They just sit there stupid... doing nothing at all, let alone a big giant particle burst. Sometimes when entering a fight they might fight for like 10 seconds then quit, i'd say 95% of the time they just stand there and do nothing. Anyone else have this issue. Thank you.

Yes. Pets in general have AI issues and it's not specific to any of them. The controlled ones, the ones with the extra bar with commands in it, seem to have the most issues, but all pets will show some odd behavior from time to time. With temporary pets you'll at least not notice it as often. If your pets are misbehaving try re-summoning them, that sometimes seems to clear it up.

Also keep in mind that pets often will not attack until you attack something, or you get attacked, or you command them to attack.​​