test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cat Map =^.^=

aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Champions Online Discussion
I've seen enough people asking whether one exists in zone, so I've posted one that I've been populating here:

http://aesica.net/co/

I'll be updating it throughout the event, but for the time being, there should be plenty of cats for people to pick up for their daily quest.
  • Colored circles: Divided into sets of 9 to make daily pickups easier.
  • White circles with red outline: Bonus locations. Use them if you can't find a cat in one of the enumerated locations for whatever reason.
  • Red square: Location on the wiki that I have yet to confirm. No cat has appeared for me there, but I included it anyway for the sake of being thorough. Can anyone confirm finding a cat here?

(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
Post edited by aesica on

Comments

• alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    <3<3<3<3<3
  • dheffernandheffernan Posts: 23 Arc User
    Kudos for the effort, but I'll be passing on this. It was a horrible mechanic when used for Foxbat and I gave that a hard pass too.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Thanks. This is going to be a big help. Hopefully it will make it to the wiki when complete. This cat event is fast replacing CM as the most dreary event in CO.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Cheers Aesica - FYI there are also cats in the trees in the strip between Ren Cen and Homestead and the area behind the UNITY/UNTIL buildings (where "Harmon Convergence" starts). What info are you after for adding these to the map - grid references and stuff?
    dheffernan wrote: »
    Kudos for the effort, but I'll be passing on this. It was a horrible mechanic when used for Foxbat and I gave that a hard pass too.

They give you a free vehicle as part of the Anniversary present. Use that. Cat Quest took me 10 minutes....

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I admit, I'm not a huge fan of the "can't interact with this particular cat again for a week" aspect since it requires you to track externally if you want to even have a prayer of tagging them all--just like foxbat. That said, maybe I'll color-code them in groups of 9 to make that easier--but not until it's closer to being done since I want all the groups to be close together.
    Cheers Aesica - FYI there are also cats in the trees in the strip between Ren Cen and Homestead and the area behind the UNITY/UNTIL buildings (where "Harmon Convergence" starts). What info are you after for adding these to the map - grid references and stuff?
    Map screenshots ("M" map, not minimap--zoomed in) with your arrow pointing toward the tree in question would be ideal.

Not sure what Homestead is, but I think I got the one behind UNTIL, plus several others since I made this post.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    cat-humor-funny-matrix-cat.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    I admit, I'm not a huge fan of the "can't interact with this particular cat again for a week" aspect since it requires you to track externally if you want to even have a prayer of tagging them all--just like foxbat. That said, maybe I'll color-code them in groups of 9 to make that easier--but not until it's closer to being done since I want all the groups to be close together.
    If you don't, I'll add it to the wiki version.
    Map screenshots ("M" map, not minimap--zoomed in) with your arrow pointing toward the tree in question would be ideal.

Not sure what Homestead is, but I think I got the one behind UNTIL, plus several others since I made this post.
    Homestead is the actual name of the Champions HQ building.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    OK. Well, then, here's another: 289964531, in front of Kountry Komics
    you commas escaped...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • dheffernandheffernan Posts: 23 Arc User

They give you a free vehicle as part of the Anniversary present. Use that. Cat Quest took me 10 minutes....

Thanks, my character already has a) better vehicles and b) rank 3 flight. Speed is not the issue. Tedium is. Any mission requiring the player to do this kind of external tracking is Instant Epic Fail as far as I'm concerned. Not doing it.

What's the best way to let you know about cats in areas you have already swept, but didn't get? E.g. I am sitting just across the street from the northernmost building of the Ravenswood academy at a cat not on your map.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    2814 50 -1143
    By the fountain on the green next to the prison
    1635 66 203

Red Banner area, to the east of Mia Zin
  • kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    Loving the map so far
    just a note, on the north side of the rec center the tree in the planter between vehicles building and club caprice actually has two cats
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    What do we get for finding cats anyway?​​

You get to complete the daily, which gives you Anniversary Favours (and perks), which you can spend in the event store.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User

there are perks / titles for rescuing cats as well as if you are lucky/unlucky to interact with them in some way~

also, finding and rescuing cats three times a week = earns you a katto action figure (different for each week)

but yeah, only purpose to find the cats is to rescue them, if you have the mission from martha and reggie; can't mess with the stuck cats otherwise, i tink
    I also forgot to thank you, @aesica, for starting this map. It's already made things much easier for me.

<3
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I updated the wiki map with a few more locations that I found
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=File:MC_Cat_Map.jpg
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Updated with the latest finds and have finished sweeping the entire city. I think that's only 54 (once I add the 2x spot) which means that's enough for 6 days. I'm probably missing some still, so keep your eyes open. ;)
    +30 event currency and also perks/titles via RNG. So far, I've seen Fellow Feline and Wildcat.
    2814 50 -1143
    By the fountain on the green next to the prison
    I'm not sure how to use those coordinates. Did I get them with the latest update?
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What's the best way to let you know about cats in areas you have already swept, but didn't get? E.g. I am sitting just across the street from the northernmost building of the Ravenswood academy at a cat not on your map.
    A screenshot including the "M" map location is ideal.
    I also forgot to thank you, @aesica, for starting this map. It's already made things much easier for me.

<3
    No problem. It makes it easier for me, too. :D
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    The coordinates? You type /loc into the console to show where you are, they are in X (East-West) Z (vertical) Y (North-South) form. I should probably do screen shots....

****=1pgabVnkmio99cQBdTEZ2bQAzZmbrBazd
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    What do we get for finding cats anyway?

You get to complete the daily, which gives you Anniversary Favours (and perks), which you can spend in the event store.

But I have like a thousand drifter salvage u3u​​
    Okay guise, I think it's done. ALMOST! There's ONE damned cat I can't interact with (marked with the gray circle with the ? by it toward the upper-right area) but other than that, here it is. Should be 63 cats, meaning 9 cats per day once the broken one gets fixed. Not that kind of fixed. Groups have been conveniently color-coded to make sorting by day easier.

z5End2f.gif
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Awesome.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    I was supposed to go to bed, but got carried away. Numbers added, although not sure if I want them on the pips or beside them. Beside = more map clutter. Hmm, I'll think about it and deal with it tomorrow.
    Thee's always the possibility that some cat will pop up in a blank area already surrounded by numbers, meaning a need to renumber. Maybe wait until all 84(?) cats have been found. Unless OCD is uncontrollable ;-)
    JwLmWoa.png
    aesica wrote: »
    Updated with the latest finds and have finished sweeping the entire city. I think that's only 54 (once I add the 2x spot) which means that's enough for 6 days. I'm probably missing some still, so keep your eyes open. ;)
    http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=File:Cat_Map.jpg
    Did you look at the map on the wiki? You seem to be missing some of the ones on it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to create and post these maps so quickly!
    What do we get for finding cats anyway?

But I have like a thousand drifter salvage u3u​​

Your point being?

zrdRBy8.png
  • hebruixehebruixe Posts: 28 Arc User
    wow thanks!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Thank you for the maps! Very helpful!

That said, this one is driving me crazy. Both maps show one cat (35 on Aesica's map, the one just to the west of the hospital), but... for the life of me, there is no cat. There are only like six trees there it could be in, but I've sat around it for like five minutes, no meowing, nothing, there is just no cat there for me! Could anyone point me the right way?
    Thank you for the maps! Very helpful!

That said, this one is driving me crazy. Both maps show one cat (35 on Aesica's map, the one just to the west of the hospital), but... for the life of me, there is no cat. There are only like six trees there it could be in, but I've sat around it for like five minutes, no meowing, nothing, there is just no cat there for me! Could anyone point me the right way?
    Interesting, some locations seem to not always be there. i just did it and failed to find a cat in a location I know I'd seen one in before.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Yeah, I've tried that one a few times and not found a cat.

zrdRBy8.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Cats can be very slow to spawn. I've noticed I have to wander around a bit before the cat appears.
    In these two cases it wasn't slow it was completely not there.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Indeed thank you for these maps! I cant seem to get Cat 30 to activate, I can see it, and I've switched zones five times now on this girl [which has solved the "no prompt" problem every other time...] and... nope. none of my 4 other cat hunterscan poke #30. XD

OH! i went and looked at #63, - it doesnt give me any prompts either, but i can see the cat sitting up there. hope it helps!

• mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    xparibax wrote: »
    Indeed thank you for these maps! I cant seem to get Cat 30 to activate, I can see it, and I've switched zones five times now on this girl [which has solved the "no prompt" problem every other time...] and... nope. none of my 4 other cat hunterscan poke #30. XD

OH! i went and looked at #63, - it doesnt give me any prompts either, but i can see the cat sitting up there. hope it helps!

^ I couldn't get #30 to activate on my first char as well, my second got it but then couldn't get #29. I'll check on the rest of my chars but it seems like an either or situation for those two. Weird.

EDIT->> Confirmed, if I rescue neither I still get a prompt at #29 and #30 but when I rescue either one.. both locations despawn and upon respawning both rescue prompts disappear.

Also can't find #35 at all.
    Post edited by mrfreakenstein on
    Theres also an unmapped cat in the third tree directly south of #40.
    edited September 2018
    2f839b16bf4505e521882cb4a170cd28.png
    Near #31
    I couldn't get #30 either, and tried with 2 different characters.
    xparibax wrote: »

^ I couldn't get #30 to activate on my first char as well, my second got it but then couldn't get #29. I'll check on the rest of my chars but it seems like an either or situation for those two. Weird.

EDIT->> Confirmed, if I rescue neither I still get a prompt at #29 and #30 but when I rescue either one.. both locations despawn and upon respawning both rescue prompts disappear.

Also can't find #35 at all.

JwLmWoa.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    You guys are awesome!
    tumblr_inline_nsl37fqfS91qk4d3f_500.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Ok, looked a bit found a few spots I hadn't seen before. But yeah...
    Kaizerin wrote:
    Known issue: There is a group of 10 cats in the city center where once you've interacted with 1, you won't be able to interact with the other 9 until 7 days has passed.

One thing to remember is that while the line of sight range is large you do need line of sight and tree branches can get in the way.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • knazzirknazzir Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Both maps are missing a cat at approx. 6797, -1640 between South end of Champs HQ and Ren Center https://i.imgur.com/C62eVqW.png
    k14Hcs6.png
    and
    a cat at approx. 5448, 1386 in City Center https://i.imgur.com/8XC7k1a.png
    qv5szV6.png
    The linked images show the cat in the tree, if the maps shown aren't enough to help.

Oh, and thank you for making the maps and thank you to those contributing locations. I haven't used them yet myself but things like this are always appreciated.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Woo Hoo great work!!
    edited September 2018
    tumblr_pegbizSuY51xfqaewo1_1280.jpg Hope my map (C are placed where I've searched) would be your help making it with full 84 cats.
    Post edited by monaahiru on
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    #35 gave me trouble. its in the second tree left of the wall. and the prompt for it seemed closest to the bench. i had to switch zones a couple times before getting it- but the hospital spawn nis right there, so no big.

edited September 2018
    I have yet to succeed on #35. No idea why. If you switch to the NPC chat tab you normally see meows pop up in the NPC chat I've never seen any at location 35. I'm not sure why but some times it seems they just aren't there until you get close, and getting close triggers them to spawn?

Thanks for collecting the data to build the maps!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I've confirmed up to 73 cats so far from the info I've got by myself and from here...
    tumblr_peh47uOWzh1xfqaewo1_1280.jpg
    11 cats still remaining. o3o