test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Themed build help...

mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
I am currently experimenting with a build for a character that has had the distinction of surviving a rogue Viper experiment to create a supersoldier via the forced merging of a supernatural being with an already enhanced being. The individual was forcibly bound to a number of magical artifacts as well as being subjected to chemical and biological augmentation before being formally merged with a creature that could regenerate. The presence of a control helmet and collar were to act as fail safes in the event of him breaking free. Instead the merged mind with it's shattered psyche overwhelmed the device and they were able to escape... at least that's the story they tell.

Below is something of a build concept. The order of the powers is basically random and are more about trying to fit within the theme of a supernaturally empowered being with a more savage fighting style born of a nearly broken mind.

Outside of theme I'm just trying to make due with an enjoyable concept and a competent build capable of surviving/soloing as much content as possible. I'd like to stick with the bestial/chains/darkness setup, but I'm willing to listen to suggestions that diverge from these.

Demonic Concept Hybrid
v3.11:30

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Bestial Fury
Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares, Nailed to the Ground)
Level 11: Aspect of the Bestial
Level 14: Wild Thing
Level 17: Shadow Shroud (Rank 2, Terrifying Visage)
Level 20: Lacerating Cyclone (Vortex Technique)
Level 23: Thrash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Howl (Intimidating Force)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
Level 32: Eviscerate (Rank 2)
Level 35: Barbed Lariat (Work Up)
Level 38: Antagonize
Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Teleportation
Level 35:

Specializations
Strength: Swole (3/3)
Strength: Quick Recovery (2/2)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (3/3)
Brawler: No Escape (1/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
Brawler: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (2/3)
Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Devices​​

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Here's some tweaking of it:

Demonic Concept Hybrid
    v3.11:30

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Bestial Fury
    Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
    Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 11: Supernatural Power
    Level 14: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 17: Lacerating Cyclone (Vortex Technique)
    Level 20: Thrash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Eviscerate (Rank 2, Messy)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Howl (Make them Tremble, Intimidating Force)
    Level 32: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Voracious Darkness)
    Level 35: Shadow Shroud (Terrifying Visage)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Teleportation
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
    Brawler: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

I assume the build's main boss attack is Thrash, and then Supernatural power is nice to have (also nice for Lacerating Cyclone, since its a bit costly). You'll want to use Shred to build up bleeds and Shredded first, and tap Evis every 1-2 Thrash channels to refresh debuffs and proc AotB (since Thrash can't do that innately). You can also use Ebon Void's VD adv to turtle up a bit if you like, though that requires much blocking (ranked Antagonize is fine to keep instead, though). Last power can be w/e; I gave you a self-res, though a 2nd AD like Masterful Dodge could also work (or maybe something like UR for dps). Also edited the stats and specs a bit. Gears mostly for Str and Con, w/ some End/Rec for smooth energy management.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Flowcyto... you are fast. Thank you. I'll give this a shot and see how it goes.​​
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I have no build advice to rival flowcyto's; but I thought you might like to know that more so than VIPER, which doesn't usually delve that far into magic, the kind of experiment you describe would be much more in line with Herr Doktor Pandemonium, one of DEMON's Inner Circle, and leader of their Black Scientists, who explore the radical fringe of That Which Man Was Not Meant To Know, where the line between science and the supernatural blurs. (And for a comic-book world the "fringe" has to be pretty radical.) ;)

The Black Scientists and Pandemonium are fully written up in DEMON: Servants Of Darkness.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Flowcyto... you are fast. Thank you. I'll give this a shot and see how it goes.​​
    no prob. Hope it works out well.

I also just noticed that I kept Lacerating Cyclone's dmg at R1. You can bump that up to R2, maybe by removing the NttG adv on the lunge or something (I'd normally leave at least 2 free points to rank a travel power). But its up to you.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    bulgarex wrote: »
    I have no build advice to rival flowcyto's; but I thought you might like to know that more so than VIPER, which doesn't usually delve that far into magic, the kind of experiment you describe would be much more in line with Herr Doktor Pandemonium, one of DEMON's Inner Circle, and leader of their Black Scientists, who explore the radical fringe of That Which Man Was Not Meant To Know, where the line between science and the supernatural blurs. (And for a comic-book world the "fringe" has to be pretty radical.) ;)

The Black Scientists and Pandemonium are fully written up in DEMON: Servants Of Darkness.

That would work out as it would explain their access to the various pieces of magical armor they used in their experiment. Unfortunately I don't have any of the Champions RPG books. Regardless thank you for the info.​​
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Feel free to PM me if you'd like more background (within the bounds of IP fair use, of course). :)