What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180708.2 - Power Changes

124»

Comments

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    A coincidence of what?​​
    A coincidence that a change to a power affects pvp more than pve.
    But where else is this advantages' dodge bypass useful? No where, is the answer.​​
    No one is saying otherwise. The point is that it's very unlikely to be intentional given COs history with pvp.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    My main point is: they (devs) had to conceive it, discuss it, insert it. Still not saying it was intentionally put in for pvp, but what could they have been thinking that it was helpful for?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I would like to know how much beneficial the NO MERCY is for Single Blade TANKS against Cosmics
    So far it looks promising​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    My main point is: they (devs) had to conceive it, discuss it, insert it. Still not saying it was intentionally put in for pvp, but what could they have been thinking that it was helpful for?

Um... wasn't the undodgebalness of it a bug that someone discovered? Logically that means they couldn't fix it and simply adjusted the power around it, i.e. splitting the damage apart so it wasn't just a "LR Instakiller" thing. Hence they didn't "add it because they had some usefullness for it in mind", it was a part of it and they modified it to try to mitigate some issues with that.

So the answer to your question is: You're asking the wrong question, and so your question has no answer. Other than "They had no specific usefulness in mind as far as pvp, however they did identify a possible issue for PvP and altered the power to make it less useful for a specific instance of pvp activity where it would be demonstrably overpowered".

On the other hand, in high end PvE content squishy burst damage toons rely on their burst actually hitting, and your biggest spike randomly being dodged can lead to a bad situation, so in a way this is useful in PvE by ensuring that won't happen.​​
    A bug someone (meaning a player) discovered? Then the devs "corrected" the tooltip? tiger-16.gif

And, of course, you still have to reply in a way that demeans me even asking or suggesting what I did. Aren't you ever going to stop doing that?​​

edited July 2018
    And, of course, you still have to reply in a way that demeans me even asking or suggesting what I did. Aren't you ever going to stop doing that?

Eh? That's all in your head bud. Depending on the voice you read something in, anything can seem rude.​​
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Bug: it seems like Scything Blade's Swallowtail debuff + Bleed on high-ranking targets is storing extra bleed ticks and releasing them at the end of its Bleed's duration.

Its a bit weird, but I'm seeing a clump of extra bleed ticks go off if I naturally let the debuffs expire.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    spinnytop wrote: »
    And, of course, you still have to reply in a way that demeans me even asking or suggesting what I did. Aren't you ever going to stop doing that?

Eh? That's all in your head bud. Depending on the voice you read something in, anything can seem rude.

No. Plenty of others point this out to you but you disregard it as "it's them, not me." When it really is you. Perhaps you should look over what you intend to post a few times. Read it as if it were directed at you.

It's at this point that I'd stop, usually, but I feel you will still reply with another "you, not me" post.​​

Read it as if it were directed at you.

I did that and I wouldn't be offended. It's you bud, stop starting drama over nothing please.​​
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Eh? That's all in your head bud. Depending on the voice you read something in, anything can seem rude.​​

Sorry Spinny, but a lot of your writing does come off as a bit condescending, and I say that as someone with no opinion whatsoever on your current discussion with warcanch. And until a dev comes out and actually explains what is going on, neither of your theories on the subject are going to be proven correct.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »
    snip

Actually.. i fight the best of the best (the ones others would rather not duel) and i am quite humble, always nice and polite, i never abuse bugs, etc. Why would i fight newbies, i don't get any satisfaction out of it. I seem to have struck a pve lord's nerve, eh ^^ so you're now making bs stories up in order to ridicule me. Sorry pal, the attempt failed.

Have a nice day, though.

p.s. I'm betting my left testie on, me being twice your age.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    5ec.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Read it as if it were directed at you.

I did that and I wouldn't be offended. It's you bud, stop starting drama over nothing please.​​

Wait, I thought you were being condescending on purpose because it's funny. Like, you were doing it ironically or sarcastically.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    And until a dev comes out and actually explains what is going on, neither of your theories on the subject are going to be proven correct.

I'm fine with that. I just remember the undodgabalness being reported as a bug, then in the next patch it was changed to be as it is now. Seems like more than a coincidence to me.​​
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »
    snip

Actually.. i fight the best of the best (the ones others would rather not duel) and i am quite humble, always nice and polite, i never abuse bugs, etc. Why would i fight newbies, i don't get any satisfaction out of it. I seem to have struck a pve lord's nerve, eh ^^ so you're now making bs stories up in order to ridicule me. Sorry pal, the attempt failed.

Have a nice day, though.

p.s. I'm betting my left testie on, me being twice your age.

Humble yet here you are bragging.

but yeah I can't take seriously someone who says an attack that bypasses dodge is only useful versus LR.
    You clearly don't know how pvp works.
    Are you the person who told me you lose damage if you mod for dodge?
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
This discussion has been closed.