test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Save the Earth Cutscenes???

Unless I am really dense I have not noticed any... they said we'd have some by now, what is up with that?

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Yep. They said they would put them in by this time, and they didn't. Sorry Kaiserin, but you failed on this one.

and..

Hallelujah! No cutscenes for Save The Earth! It's a Miracle! Praise Lezard! Praise the Old Gods! Praise the Senate! Praise the shuttle!

A True Miracle!

No Cut Scenese!

A Blessed Day To Be Sure! tiger-28.gif​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I'd rather watch some nicely done comicbook page like scenes, than weirdly sliding and strangely hand gesturing npcs.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I'd rather watch some nicely done comicbook page like scenes, than weirdly sliding and strangely hand gesturing npcs.

I have to agree. I enjoy the comic panel scenes much more than the cut scenes.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    I'd agree if the choice was just between those two, but with group content where the scenes aren't skippable, I'd prefer nothing at all. We're going to be doing this content hundreds of times, I really don't want to have to watch the same scene every time.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Yeah, no cutscenes and I'm perfectly fine with that. If it's cutscenes you want, fear not, because Forum Malvanum is up next! :D
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I think it would be kinda nice to have a brief rundown about what you are supposed to be doing and an introduction for the nemesis so you actually get a chance to see what they look like before the final showdown.

that and when this thing first rolled around a lot of people who were complaining about not knowing what to do were told to relax because the cutscene would be coming that was going to help explain some things, say what you want about cutscenes but I think it is necessary here.

As long as the cutscene is brief and also informs players about the stabilizer belt they can pick up at the beginning. I had no idea those were there and had been using self-rooting powers and lunges to stop myself from floating around all willy-nilly.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I wish I could say that an audio clip that plays during the first hallway could achieve giving players a rundown of the instance... but I know it would just be background noise to a lot of people.​​
    And completely missed by even more people due to having sound off.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »

^ I haven't used sound for CO in about 7 years.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »
    ^ I haven't used sound for CO in about 7 years.
    I find that it adds another dimension to the game. some things are just more interesting.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I wish I could say that an audio clip that plays during the first hallway could achieve giving players a rundown of the instance... but I know it would just be background noise to a lot of people.​​

Audio clips aren't that useful when you are playing the Les Miz soundtrack while playing. :)