test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Restore old content with revised difficulty scaling

pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Suggestions Box
Propose a simple (and hopefully not too hard to code, but that depends on how the game is set up) adjustment to difficulty scaling so it serves a useful purpose. First adjust the basic effects as follows:
  • Hard: in addition to its existing effects:
    • applies scary monster (skull scaling) to all sub-40 mobs.
    • adjust scaling of basic legendaries (so level 40 is goes from 400k hp to 2m).
    • all legendary rank foes drop 2 Until (PC level 34-) or 1 SCR (PC level 35+)
  • Very Hard: in addition to its existing effects:
    • Sets all all sub-40 mobs to level 40.
    • all legendary rank foes drop 2 SCR
  • Elite: in addition to its existing effects:
    • Sets all all sub-40 mobs to level 40.
    • all legendary rank foes drop 3 SCR
Next, do a round of boss revisions, which add new mechanics and new rewards at higher difficulty. Again, don't bother with anything but adjusting the bosses.
Post edited by pantagruel01 on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    We do have the some kind of difficulty setting....
    I'd like to see +1,+2,+3,+4 team member mob count scaling for solo/(team?) play also.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Yeah, I like these ideas. With all the power drift in the game, scaling up the top-end missions really needed. Also, scaling up for team size, which means more baddies, ergo more drops, has always been something that has been seriously lacking from this game. Something that would encourage teaming.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yeah, I like these ideas. With all the power drift in the game, scaling up the top-end missions really needed. Also, scaling up for team size, which means more baddies, ergo more drops, has always been something that has been seriously lacking from this game. Something that would encourage teaming.
    Team size scaling is not something that can be easily added to existing instances. I'm not sure if level adjustments can be added this way either, but at least it isn't definitely hard.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I like the idea of being able to turn any instance into a lvl 40 instance. However I can totally see some newer player setting their difficulty setting to Elite and then being confused as to why every instance their leveling chains sends them to is lvl 40.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I like the idea of being able to turn any instance into a lvl 40 instance. However I can totally see some newer player setting their difficulty setting to Elite and then being confused as to why every instance their leveling chains sends them to is lvl 40.​​
    Newer players are aware that difficulty scaling exists?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I like the idea of being able to turn any instance into a lvl 40 instance. However I can totally see some newer player setting their difficulty setting to Elite and then being confused as to why every instance their leveling chains sends them to is lvl 40.

Yes, exploring the UI of a new game is a common behavior.​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    I like the idea of being able to turn any instance into a lvl 40 instance. However I can totally see some newer player setting their difficulty setting to Elite and then being confused as to why every instance their leveling chains sends them to is lvl 40.

Yes, exploring the UI of a new game is a common behavior.​​

They should add proper tool tips to help new players out with that.
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    They should add proper tool tips to help new players out with that.
    Yes, a tool tip saying what each difficulty level does would solve things...
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Encountering improved versions of existing bosses! I love it
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie