Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20180511.26 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Nemesis
  • Added Bladed Mecha Wings costume.

Forum Malvanum
  • Added Malvan Shield bracer, Lion Shield, and Lion Shield bracer as possible costume drops.

Circus Malvanum
  • Added Triple Strap belt costume to the store.
​​

Comments

• Options
    Any pictures of these?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Circus Malvanum
    • Added Triple Strap belt costume to the store.
    ​​

BUG: the top strap of the The Triple Strap belt costume clips badly with the female model's body

SjPvYq7.jpg

nrmmY0z.jpg

Nice to see new shield bracers though.... maybe we could get them a little bigger?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Very interested to see this shield...

But MG isn’t having an brain aneurysm...so it makes me wonder.
  • Options
    I'm playing it cool ;)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Very interested to see this shield...

But MG isn’t having an brain aneurysm...so it makes me wonder.

Malvan_Shields.png

SUGGESTION: Would it be possible to give the bucket/thimble head some love and give it some top and eye accessory attatchments much like
    81b2ef251058e71d55a6eec3f15129011368666957.jpg
    Capture.PNG
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    That bracer isn't a shield, it's a decorative dinner plate wristband. MCPD have a police shield big enough to realistically hide behind, why can't we get one?
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Ooh a Lion shield? There's only one thing I have to say about that...

FOR THE ALLIANCE! :D​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    That bracer isn't a shield, it's a decorative dinner plate wristband. MCPD have a police shield big enough to realistically hide behind, why can't we get one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlCQ2pBob5Q
    https://youtu.be/WfLChOGVkCs?t=1m42s
  • Options
    Yeah, we know what bracer shields are. What folks are asking for are actual shields that are shield size.

Like the back shields we have.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Or the dozens of elemental shields that activate when we press block. Heck, even Mechassassin has one.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    But but… So what you’re saying is we need to have smaller shields?
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Yeah, we know what bracer shields are. What folks are asking for are actual shields that are shield size.

Like the back shields we have.

Only problem with having large shields is that when blocking we ram them into our skulls. This is due to the animation twisting the character's wrist instead of their arm like a normal human being.

Seriously, try taking up CO's one-arm blocking stance. You'll adjust your arm, not your wrist for that stance. Really, any time anyone in CO uses the one-armed block, we're probably doing more damage than any enemy would inflict on us. You're not going to be twisting your wrist like the animation does without breaking it.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Clipping into body already happens with that block.

The smol babby shields we have atm already clip through your arm and your hand in that "one-arm blocking stance" so we're used to having large metallic objects shoved through our skin.

It's not ideal, but I live with that. I could also live with a larger shield clipping in that stance. I think others could too.

Besides, larger shields are already in-game...

GR2QUiq.png?1
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
This discussion has been closed.