test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox One Binds & Requesting tips

Hey all, so I’m using the Xbox One Controller and would like to use the button with the two rectangles above the d-pad to clear target. What would the command to re-map that key? By default upon pressing it, it procs chat settings, so I think I would have to clear that.

Also, are there any general tips when using the controller when healing?

Comments

• gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    As an Xbox one controller user myself for all roles, Very unsure if it is even possible to bind keys to specific mappings since there is no joystick key bind options menu unfortunately. May have to ask around on that.

However, upon default settings, and as a healer, Pressing Right Trigger + Right Bumper, switching your targeting focus from enemies to Allies, Assist target on attack is very useful to immediately heal based on your camera/targeting priority settings, Left Bumper + right bumper Deselects your current target, and can allow you to heal yourself with a target based ability if you are low. ( Still trying to locate the target self button as we speak.)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Given that Champs and STO use similar code the research I did into making a controller work in STO might be of some value. Hmm.. I can't find MY research, but here's some someone else did: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/993459/keybinds-for-dummies/p13
    [quote]this is my keybind files I use with an xbox gamepade.

Note this is still a work in progress, but what there is works well

Joy1 "scanforclickies"
    Joy2 "InteractWindow"
    Joy3 ""
    Joy4 "camtogglestotargetlock"

RB ""
    LB ""
    LB+RB "Target_Enemy_Near"
    Ltrigger+LB "Target_Enemy_Next"
    Ltrigger+RB "Target_Enemy_Prev"
    Rtrigger+LB ""
    Rtrigger+RB ""

Joypad_Up "GenSendMessage Throttle_FullImpulse_Button FullThrottle"
    Joypad_Right "throttleadjust .10"
    Joypad_Left "throttleadjust -.20"
    Joypad_Down "throttletoggle"

Joypad_Up+Ltrigger "+power_exec reroute_shields_forward"
    Joypad_Right+Ltrigger "+power_exec reroute_shields_right"
    Joypad_Left+Ltrigger "+power_exec reroute_shields_left"
    Joypad_Down+Ltrigger "+power_exec reroute_shields_rear"

Joystick1_Down ""
    Joystick1_Up ""
    Joystick1_Left ""
    Joystick1_Right ""

Rtrigger "gensendmessage hud_root fireAll"
    Ltrigger ""

Xb "usetrayslot1 5 $$ usetrayslot0 0"
    Yb "usetrayslot0 1"
    Bb "usetrayslot0 2"
    Ab "usetrayslot0 3"
    Xb+LB "usetrayslot0 4"
    Yb+LB "usetrayslot0 5"
    Bb+LB "usetrayslot0 6"
    Ab+LB "usetrayslot0 7"
    Xb+RB "usetrayslot0 8"
    Yb+RB "usetrayslot0 9"

Xb+Ltrigger "usetrayslot1 8 $$ usetrayslot1 0"
    Yb+Ltrigger "usetrayslot1 7 $$ usetrayslot1 1"
    Bb+Ltrigger "usetrayslot1 2"
    Ab+Ltrigger "usetrayslot1 3"
    "usetrayslot1 4"
    "usetrayslot1 5"
    "usetrayslot1 6"
    "usetrayslot1 7"
    Bb+RB "usetrayslot0 8"
    Ab+RB "usetrayslot0 9"

Xb+Rtrigger "usetrayslot2 0"
    Yb+Rtrigger "usetrayslot2 1"
    Bb+Rtrigger "usetrayslot2 2"
    Ab+Rtrigger "usetrayslot2 3"
    "usetrayslot2 4"
    "usetrayslot2 5"
    "usetrayslot2 6"
    "usetrayslot2 7"
    "usetrayslot2 8"
    "usetrayslot2 9"

Up ""
    Right ""
    Left ""
    Down ""

Joystick2_Up ""
    Joystick2_Right ""
    Joystick2_Left ""
    Joystick2_Down ""

UNASSIGNED COMMANDS

"GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers"
    "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps"
    "GenSendMessage Root ShowMap"
    "camtogglestotargetlock"
    "genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_0"
    "genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_1"
    "genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_2"
    "genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_3" [/quote]I'm not sure WHO posted that because the forum transfer ate their name.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    This should be possible through a bind_load_file txt which overrides the default; I’ve for example, mapped Select and Start to cycle between builds (and costumes). I highly recommend these threads:

FAQ for Bindings/Commands
    FAQ for Playing Champions Online with the XBOX360 Controller

The button above the d-pad (with the two rectangles) you mention is “Select”, so: loading a txt file with Select Target_Clear should do the trick. EDIT: Tested in-game, seems ok. Let us know how it works for you. ;)
  • thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    Thank you!!!

I also did some light research too and found a neat bind that could come in handy to a healer; I used /bind "Joypad_down" Target_Self command to target myself and spam Vala's Light and heal those around me. Another Bind I came up with is /bind "Joypad_Left" Target_Next_Player to cycle through friendlies while ignoring pets.

What I wish was there was an option to heal whomever needs the heal most, like low percentage of health algorithm or something like that. that way there wouldn't be a need to look at the team up window during cosmics.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Thank you!!!

I also did some light research too and found a neat bind that could come in handy to a healer; I used /bind "Joypad_down" Target_Self command to target myself and spam Vala's Light and heal those around me. Another Bind I came up with is /bind "Joypad_Left" Target_Next_Player to cycle through friendlies while ignoring pets.

What I wish was there was an option to heal whomever needs the heal most, like low percentage of health algorithm or something like that. that way there wouldn't be a need to look at the team up window during cosmics.

Awesome, I’m happy to hear that. :.) And your bind for cycling through friendlies looks interesting, gotta try it on my healer!