test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question and premonitions about the new Nemesis Dungeon.

I guess some people are eagerly awaiting this new content, but knowing how things
usually work in this game, i know better than that. A bird whispered in my ear that
every single piece of costume from that dungeon will cost 1000 of the new Nemesis currency.

And when the new dungeon is implemented, the old currency will not transfer over,
it will be deleted and you start from zero.

But my REAL issue with this new content is that it will most likely be using the same method
or grind'till you die, where each run gives you 5 Nem-tokens.. and you need 1000, or it gives you
5x5 tokens - one for each boss. Which means you'll have to make 40 runs for a single item.

And my REAL issue here... Another dungeon gets it loot taken away and is turned into a currecy farm..

Comments

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Personally I prefer the currency farm to random loot farm because I know I am making progress towards getting the thing I want
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Where does it say the nemcon drops are being removed?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    One: It's not a dungeon. Just an alert of limited area/scope.

Two: The old currency can still be used in the old vendor for the old items. Nothing is being taken away.

Three: This is providing a second way to obtain a bit of costume bits that will also remain as super rare drops. We see that with costume parts from alert bosses: still rare drops, but also can be bought with currency.

If you don't like farming it for currency, then you can still farm Nemcon, for instance, for rare drops.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    I think you are missing the OP's point. He doesn't like grinding/farming. Not exactly sure what he wants instead though.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    also there's a bunch of new stuff added to the Nemesis store, and as loot for the new Queue.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Based on previous observations I would guess that OP wants items to drop randomly but not too randomly because rgn is unfair.

Anyway... most of what OP is saying here is false. This is new content not old content being revamped.
    diggot said:

And my REAL issue here... Another dungeon gets it loot taken away and is turned into a currecy farm..

This statement is just plain wrong. How about you give this new alert a chance before you start complaining and please stop spreading misinformation.

(and I am sure you will have plenty of legit things to complain about once it does go live, no doubt the grindiness of it included, but get your facts straight first please.)

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Two: The old currency can still be used in the old vendor for the old items. Nothing is being taken away.

From Kaizerin in PTS thread:
    Nemesis Store
    Nemesis tokens have been retired. The old store will stick around, but the tokens will no longer drop in game. There will be no conversion.
    Nemesis Recognition has been added in its place.

Although in the recent PTS patch, Nem Tokens will still stick to our toons, but we will not get anymore Nem Tokens. Just like what happened to mechanon coalition tokens/unity merits. So meaning, if you ran out of Nem Tokens, that's it. You're gonna have to farm for Nem Recognition instead.

Nem Tokens will be removed, in a way. .
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    I'll just be happy if there's endgame gear, new perks, and new QoL stuff from the Nemesis system. Progress!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    diggot said:

I guess some people are eagerly awaiting this new content, but knowing how things
    usually work in this game, i know better than that.

Weird, I know how things usually work in this game and I'm super hype for the new alert o3o
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    diggot said:

But my REAL issue with this new content is that it will most likely be using the same method
    or grind'till you die, where each run gives you 5 Nem-tokens.. and you need 1000, or it gives you
    5x5 tokens - one for each boss. Which means you'll have to make 40 runs for a single item.

Grind is necessary. Before you call me a crazy person, hear me out.

Events and new content in this game used to be far from grindy. You could get every drop from whatever event in a few days. While this might sound great to you now, this had the undesirable effect of players feeling like there wasn't enough to do. "This event is crap, I got everything in a couple days. I guess I'll log in again next time there's another event."

Those were very common complaints. I've been hearing them for years. When people grind everything out in the first couple days, latecomers have problems doing the content because there's less people logging in and less people running the content because it's all been bled dry. Would you like for the queues for this alert to take hours to pop a couple weeks in because the majority of players already got everything? Or do you want the content consistently populated? Giving players a reason to consistently run the content is a good thing.
    biffsig.jpg

I'll just be happy if there's endgame gear, new perks, and new QoL stuff from the Nemesis system. Progress!

Good news! You're getting what you want!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

How can i be optemistic when every change sofar has been towards more grind, less rewards ?.
    When updates that fixed bugs and actually makes POSITIVE changes to gameplay starts coming out,
    then i will start becoming optimistic about them.

But currently i always expect the worst. And yes.. You have to kill Destroyer 50 times and 1000 Tokens for ONE ITEM, this means about 1month grind with twice aday Nemcons. And we don't even have any information on how many tokens we get per run.

My thoughts are that they don't release this info until its live.. because then its too late for people to voice their opinions when changes are already make.
    But, we have more endgame rewards than ever in the history of the game and are only getting more with each update o3o how can this be "less rewards"?

Also if your stipulation to start being positive is that positive things occur, then you're severely restricting yourself in that regard if you constantly view everything as negative.
    diggot said:

My thoughts are that they don't release this info until its live.. because then its too late for people to voice their opinions when changes are already make.

Um... given that it's on the test server, and openly being discussed on the forum? lol no. Also...
    diggot said:

You have to kill Destroyer 50 times and 1000 Tokens for ONE ITEM,

Given that we already have a laundry list of things that cost 950 UNTIL rec... how does this in any way surprise you?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I still just hear "What do you mean I have to play the game to get things in the game?!" o3o
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    I prefer currency grinds over the random silliness of the rampage token system. Just saying.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    I prefer currency grinds over the random silliness of the rampage token system. Just saying.
    Agreed. Reliable rewards, even if small, are preferable to token drops that may or may not occur, especially for those of us who live without the favor of RNGesus. (That's one reason why the Duty Officer missions in STO are as popular as they are - the rewards aren't spectacular, but even barely scraping by guarantees you a minimum of five Dil and some Commendation XP. Sure, it can take months, even years, for a casual like me to max out the Commendation skills, but you're making anyway some progress every time.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!