test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180427.4 - Nemesis Alert Fixes

2»

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

It's highly dependent on interacts that are broken by damage. Those are IME almost universally unpopular (I can't keep going because someone keeps giving me paper cuts) and will make minion types that apply DoTs disproportionately hard. Consider increasing the time required for an interact but making it non-interruptible.

I agree that such a mechanic can be annoying. On the other hand, bubbles are super duper useful in such situations. Heroes with bubble powers, or bubble devices, will become greatly desired. That's a good thing, no?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Only once we have the much sought after Bubble power set/revamp finally ready for pts ;)

I agree that such a mechanic can be annoying. On the other hand, bubbles are super duper useful in such situations. Heroes with bubble powers, or bubble devices, will become greatly desired. That's a good thing, no?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    A few more alert thoughts:

- The minions' quick respawn time, combined with their low health (our tank was killing them with Ego Sprites while trying to round them up), makes it difficult for a tanky character to draw them away from a console pusher long enough to finish the interaction. Boosting the minions' health while lengthening their respawn time could give teams more time to set up a strategy.

- I'd prefer the Space Rock to stick around throughout the alert, instead of vanishing after the first door is activated. Pickup groups will likely want to start the alert as fast as possible. It would be nice to give perk farmers the opportunity to indulge their habit after the alert finishes.

- It could be something with my graphics settings, but the FX of the forcefield's repel (the white streaks emanating from the core) frequently does not play for me, usually once my character is on the upper platform. I would prefer if the animation was clearer (like the laser momentarily changing color from green to red), so players understand that the repel has fired and it is safe to stop blocking.

- Shield powers absorb the damage from the electrified floor. I don't see that as a major issue; but if the floor is meant to be a death sentence, bubbles interfere with that design.

- Are the minion spawns on the ground floor meant to stop after a while? We had a run, with Beastmen minions, where we ran out of Beastmen during the laser-consoles phase.

- I like the ground-floor lasers. They keep players alert and moving. I do wish the laser-blast FX were more dramatic, considering how powerful they can be.

- I agree that the Nemesis fight feels a bit anticlimactic. It would be nice to see some other mechanic(s) come into play during that final phase, in addition to the optional victory conditions, to make it feel like more than a zerg.

Bubbles are effective against some minion types. Pantagruel's mention of DoTs is in reference to those minions who apply certain effects (bleeds, for example) that penetrate through bubbles and interrupt console interaction.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

- I like the ground-floor lasers. They keep players alert and moving. I do wish the laser-blast FX were more dramatic, considering how powerful they can be.

Yeah, I saw the bubbles, but had no idea what was making them.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
This discussion has been closed.