test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AoPM without the A, Force/Earth/Gadgeteer change

magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
I like playing characters with high Superstats through AoPM... however the Aura effect it has on other players has started to become a bit of a pest - because of the way the auras stack an, Aura in the wrong mode (i.e Hybrid), or where the player hasn't invested in PRE, can mess up the benefits of Auras from players who want to be in the support role. A problem at Cosmics, or events, and the like where people look to get the full benefit of their team-mates skills.

It also occurred to me that a quick solution for this would also make an ideal passive for the Gadgeteering tree. Science laboratories in comics are terribly dangerous places, full of people being being horribly disfigured or tremendously enhanced by accidents or through outre research. Many monsters and heroes are created in those secret experimental hours.... what better than to reflect that in the game?

Which leads me to suggest the following new passive:

Superhuman (or Metahuman, if that's a copyright issue)
Passive - can be slotted in Balanced or Offensive slot

Increases all stats in proportion to your Super Stats. The bonus scales at the same rate that PRE affects the bonus AoPM gives to other players. Superhuman, however, has no effect on other player's stats.

- Sometimes scientific experiments go horribly wrong. Sometimes they go horribly right. Whichever it was, your experiments gave you skills and physical abilities far beyond the dreams of the average human.

---

While we're at it, I've been playing Earth toons recently and noticed the lack of a bespoke Form and EU. I know you can use Concentration - it works well - but the set has some short range attacks (veryshort range, as in standing on the villain's toe-caps) and sometimes lacks the ability to keep the form stacks up. So why not the following? These would also work nicely for the Force set, which has the same power issues.

Fall of the Hammer
Toggle form, which generates a stack of Wham!!! whenever you KNOCK an enemy - no distance limitation
No more than 8 stacks at a time, no more than one stack every four seconds
FoTH scales with EGO or INT, whichever is higher, provided bonuses similar to Concentration

Hammer and Anvil
Energy Unlock power
Knocking an enemy grants energy over time - every 3 seconds for 6 seconds, similar to Wild Thing, Mephitic, etc