test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20180320.1 - Item Tooltip Changes/Lots of Odds and Ends

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2018 in PTS - The Archive
UI
  • Many changes have been made to how items display their tooltips to make it more clear what type of item they are.
  • Please check through various items to see if their tooltips are broken or reading out properly.
  • This update is a widespread change, and is not focusing on giving all items preview images, etc. We're just trying to fix some core issues with item tooltipping to make updating items easier for us in the future.
  • Known issue: Many mods (mostly ranks 1-5 enhancements and multi function mods) don't display their mod type in the tooltips. This is unfortunately a side effect of them be multi functional or able to be slotted into secondary gear. This may be addressed in the future, but isn't likely to be addressed this update.

Foxbatcon
  • Added Horse, Fox and Chicken cartoon mask to the store.
  • Added Lotus Blossom vehicle.
  • New costumes will be introduced in one of the next updates.

Drifter
  • The device versions of Scorching Slide and Stoic Flight are now bind on pickup (from bind on equip). Existing versions are unaffected.
  • Psionic Accelerator can now be colored.
  • Fixed a bug where the charge on Draysha Gas Pistol could not be interrupted.
  • Added Heroic Comeback and Team Heroic Comeback to the store.
  • Removed the Mk2 vehicle store.
  • Added Mk1 versions of those vehicles to the Mk1 Vehicle store.
  • Removed action figure store. Action figures have been moved to crafting node rewards.
  • Added Legion gear to the store.

Questionite
  • Removed the vehicle store. Vehicles have been moved over to Drifter.
  • Removed many of the action figures from the store. Those Action figures have been moved to crafting node rewards.
  • Added Become Cybernetic Ninja, Black Talon and Resistance Command Leader to the store.
  • All Become devices sold in the Questionite store have been changed to bind to account on equip (from not binding). If you already have one equipped, this change will not take effect until you remove and re-equip it.
  • Added Fire Dragon action figure to the Questionite store.

Rewards
  • Added Shark Submarine and Lyretail action figures as possible drops from Aquatic Lemurians.
  • Added Ghost Wolf action figure as a possible drop from Tsiataka Bigfoot.
  • Added Jade Dragon and Shisa action figure as a possible drop from Red banners.
  • Added Shisa, Paper 1 and Paper 2 Lanterns as a possible drop from Red banners.
  • Added Ornamental Lantern as a possible drop from the Hipan alert.
  • Added Charm Lantern as a possible drop from the Green Dragon alert.

Vehicles
  • Made some backend changes to vehicles to make it easier on our end to create new ones. This shouldn't change anything about vehicles, but please be sure to check to see they're using the correct engine fx and built in basic attacks.
  • Fixed a bug where the Nightmare Event and Rocker Glider vehicles were using the rank1 passives for their rank2 versions.
  • Updated the Vehicle Upgrade store to display additional categories of vehicles to make finding them easier.

Crafting Nodes
  • Added a chance to drop previous Drifter/Questionite store action figures.

UNTIL Recognition Store
  • Added a temporary sidekick store to the UNTIL Recognition vendor.

Misc
  • Marked many of the common mods as "Basic" for reward purposes.
  • Super Magnifier and Shrinker devices are now restricted toggles, preventing more than one from being toggled on at a time.

Lockboxes
Collector Store
  • Added Alien Invader lockbox contents to the store.
  • Added a new stores:
  • Costume Box: Contains costumes that are found in a costume box.
  • Purple Special Items Voucher A: Split from Purple Special Items. Contains power unlocks and emote unlocks.
  • Purple Special Items Voucher B: Split from Purple Special Items. Contains warp items, action figures and becomes.

Collector Lockbox
  • Added a new Vouchers: Purple Costume Box Voucher, Purple Special Items A, Purple Special Items B.
  • Purple Special Voucher will no longer drop.
  • Added an exchange for the old Purple Special Item voucher by the Collector Store.
  • Removed Legion and Mercenary Gear (only) drops from this lockbox.
  • Added Mod Pack and Mod Pack + Bold Gear drops to the Lockbox, similar as the recent lockboxes.
  • Added Rare Mod Pack and Rare Mod Pack + Mercenary Gear to the lockbox, similar as the recent lockboxes.

Powers
  • Updated the tooltips on Single Blade abilities.
  • Changed the strafe leg animation for Guard so it doesn't snap your spine.

Bleed
  • The Bleed effect has been changed to merge its damage into one hit, as opposed to dealing damage individually.
  • This is the same change that Poison went through some time ago and is being done to make the bleed effect less of a strain on the game. While this should have no effect on the overall damage Bleed deals over time, it's a major change under the hood so please be sure to test out powers that apply/refresh bleed and make sure they are working properly.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    thereldinthereldin Posts: 50 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

UI

• Super Magnifier and Shrinker devices are now restricted toggles, preventing more than one from being toggled on at a time.
    ​​

Why tho?
  • Options
    zorklorzorklor Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @kaizerin said:
    > UI

> * Super Magnifier and Shrinker devices are now restricted toggles, preventing more than one from being toggled on at a time.

> ​​

Ya why are you changing cosmetic things that aren't a issue?
    Magnifiers sell well and make you money. Taking away their effects together is pointless in game and will effect sales.
    Please focus on more serious issues with the game rather than things people actually want to keep!
    Post edited by zorklor on
  • Options
    Any chance on adding a 3rd slot to Bold gear - it's not even as good as trash from random 40 mobs drops at present. It's better if you added a 2nd armor or enhancement slot but capped the available mod for it at Mod 3 or 4s.

Also, 250 Drifter for secondary Legion gear is steep. That's as much as the primaries.
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    A lot of people will be happy with these changes. We've been waiting for these changes for a long while. These changes are long overdue. Thank you for these changes.
  • Options
    ultrarankgruntultrarankgrunt Posts: 14 Arc User

Super Magnifier and Shrinker devices are now restricted toggles, preventing more than one from being toggled on at a time.

DON'T.
  • Options
    The size changing devices were never meant to be stacked and have always had settings in them to prevent stacking, unfortunately those settings could be worked around. This was unintended behavior and can cause issues in the game, so it is being addressed.​​
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Bug
    In PTS
    Currently you can't upgrade the Lotus Blossom vehicle into Mk2. Also please make it account bound once you r2 it.

Suggestion
    Tone down the acid trip FX while riding Lotus Blossom. I get what you were going for but it makes it very hard to see. I would limit the FX just to the edges of the screen for a more acid trippy vibe.
  • Options
    ultrarankgruntultrarankgrunt Posts: 14 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

The size changing devices were never meant to be stacked and have always had settings in them to prevent stacking, unfortunately those settings could be worked around. This was unintended behavior and can cause issues in the game, so it is being addressed.​​

Be specific with what the issues are or don't do it.
  • Options
    sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

UI
    Super Magnifier and Shrinker devices are now restricted toggles, preventing more than one from being toggled on at a time.
    ​​

Unless I'm translating this incorrectly as you can't have two super mags or two super shrinkers on at the same time (which is fine by me frankly, kinda tired of seeing all the huge characters.), I can't say I agree with this. It just makes the character slightly taller when both are on at the same time. Was anything else being affected because of this?

• Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    I already said in-game that the mag changes are not favorable, I still think that 1 SuperMag should be allowed with 1 Minimag and nothing more, but it's a big deal enough to me that I wanna provide feedback about how "the sads" I am. I am "the sads." My heart has been broken. Pls find another way.

But I'll also be somewhat positive and say that I dragged my heavy-bleed DPS character onto PTS. Bleeds certainly seem to be stacking into one unit as was suggested.
    kaizerin said:

UI

• Added Legion gear to the store.
    ​​
    Hold up. Why in the world do the Legion Secondaries need to be 250 Drifter as well? That's letting alone the prices of the Primary pieces.

I want it to be yesterday again.
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

I'm curious, what kind of issues did they cause?
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    the bright pink hue that the screen becomes is a cute idea for the lotus blossom vehicle but hurts my eyes and keeps me from enjoying looking at my character all enlightened. it would be better without the aura i can't see myself wanting to play the game in bright pink hue.
  • Options

the bright pink hue that the screen becomes is a cute idea for the lotus blossom vehicle but hurts my eyes and keeps me from enjoying looking at my character all enlightened. it would be better without the aura i can't see myself wanting to play the game in bright pink hue.

Unless it could be toggled off.

And will anyone miss the Mk2 vehicle store?
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, I know not much feedback actually makes an impact here, but for the love of god do not carry through with not being able to toggle both the super magnifier and the super minimizer on at the same time. No clue why this is necessary? What precious game resources is this hogging that it's a required change?

Sorry, but this is just wholly weird. Toggling both on gave a little boost to size, which was fun in some cases. Now instead of two good items, I have two useless ones.
  • Options
    jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    kaizerin said:

UI
    Questionite

• Removed the vehicle store. Vehicles have been moved over to Drifter.
    • ​​
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So now Silvers can't get a vehicle trough Q...

• Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Silvers can use Drifter can’t they ?

• Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    I didn't think to ask this before, but it's a question I think a lot of people are asking: What are the specifics to the issue that SuperMags and MiniMags are causing by being used together? Aside from the fact that using multiples of the same type is an exploit. What in-game issue is there behind using 1 SuperMag and 1 MiniMag together?
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The visual effect of the Flower Power vehicle is too much. Maybe really reduce it or just remove it. In the preview image the vehicle looks great, but while I'm using it I can't see most of the detail of the vehicle and that's not great.

There is a brief second before the overlay goes into effect where you see the vehicle without it. And it looks so much better.

Post edited by kamokami on
  • Options
    irandellxirandellx Posts: 23 Arc User
    Yea, the overlay for the lotus vehicle is too much. i'd really like it if there is none at all.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    These "odds and ends" updates are some of my favorite updates ^_^ they just say "we're gettin' stuff done" to me.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Some folks manipulated the various magnifiers and minimizers to get double growth, double shrink, and in-combat versions of these.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Some folks manipulated the various magnifiers and minimizers to get double growth, double shrink, and in-combat versions of these.

I have yet to see the in-combat version. You sure you're not mistaking it for Enrage's giant growth adv?

Btw, is there any possibility to remove the Guard block animation when someone has a HW power in their build? Can we expect it next "odd and ends" update?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options

I have yet to see the in-combat version. You sure you're not mistaking it for Enrage's giant growth adv?

There is an exploit that makes it possible to use them in combat, to a limited extent. For obvious reasons, we can't get into that on the forums.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    While not a dev, I'll note that as a player there are times when double mag characters choke my system. Now, this isn't common and it's usually only when there's tons of characters (or sometimes that one character) with a lot of auras but it can cause performance issues for other players.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Wait....... Z Store costumes that I had to buy with Zen points now being put in the game as drops.

Is this the new thing? If so, I guess I can stop buying costumes from the Z store.... that'll save me some money.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Wait....... Z Store costumes that I had to buy with Zen points now being put in the game as drops.

Is this the new thing? If so, I guess I can stop buying costumes from the Z store.... that'll save me some money

Trash Costumes* fixed that for you, it seems they put the cheapest and least popular as drops
    and they already have done that before with Serpent Armour dropping in Green Dragon and Red Snake alert and cardboard armour in Bloodmoon or whatever (also steampunk from Clarence)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Another vote for the "Don't Mess with the Super-Magnifier x Super-Shrinker Combo" campaign.

I can understand the double growth thing straining stuff, but I don't see how slightly taller does. I like having a toon slightly taller than what the tailor allows because everybody tries to max out the height slider and it's hard to say that your character is taller than humans typically are when human characters can look your's in the eye.

Overall the rest of the update looks interesting. However again: Let the Super-Mag & Super-Shrinker effects still be combined.
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    So Mind Blink is now on the Collector Store? Time to buy a voucher.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Action figures have been moved to crafting node rewards.

Are crafting nodes less pointless crap now? You kind of make it horrific not to use Skill Ups to level mod fusion ability. VB skill nodes gave garbage last I checked. Adding AFs doesn't change that.

"Added Become Cybernetic Ninja, Black Talon and Resistance Command Leader to the store."

Become devices are still over priced junk. Even if they cost Q instead of cash.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    sterga said:

Become devices are still over priced junk. Even if they cost Q instead of cash.​​

Become devices are just for fun. Being "junk" is subjective - either you like messing around with the device you don't.
    ---

I think not having Vehicles in the Q-Store at all is a very bad look. You are going to have people telling new players who want a vehicle, "Except the one in the Rec Vendor, you can only get them if you spend cash or grind an event." It doesn't matter if drifter boxes are in the AH. That isn't how people will see it.

Suggestion:Having Vehicles in the Q vendor lets all players have a chance to just do normal content and still unlock a vehicle. There should be at least 1 of each type of vehicle. If they enjoy the one they unlocked, they can be pointed towards ways to unlock the other available vehicles. If new players see vehicles are behind a gate or have to wait a couple of weeks for an event to roll around that MIGHT have the type of vehicle they want then they may just write them off completely as out of reach.

• Options
    Become devices are just for fun. Being "junk" is subjective - either you like messing around with the device you don't.
    ---

I think not having Vehicles in the Q-Store at all is a very bad look. You are going to have people telling new players who want a vehicle, "Except the one in the Rec Vendor, you can only get them if you spend cash or grind an event." It doesn't matter if drifter boxes are in the AH. That isn't how people will see it.

Suggestion: Having Vehicles in the Q vendor lets all players have a chance to just do normal content and still unlock a vehicle. There should be at least 1 of each type of vehicle. If they enjoy the one they unlocked, they can be pointed towards ways to unlock the other available vehicles. If new players see vehicles are behind a gate or have to wait a couple of weeks for an event to roll around that MIGHT have the type of vehicle they want then they may just write them off completely as out of reach.
  • Options
    joltrabbit#1208 joltrabbit Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Drifter salvage rate is about 3 to 4 per lockbox on average right? So 1500 Drifter for a full set of Legion would be 375 lockboxes at least (on average). I know players are getting other stuff in the meantime but... that's... um.

That said, I'm all for QoL improvements. Maybe some improvements to Become devices may make them more coveted?
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Those Q store vehicles, though. 250K Q for something with no offensive capability whatsoever? Not really fun or engaging.
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

UI
    Crafting Nodes

• Added a chance to drop previous Drifter/Questionite store action figures.
    ​​
    @kaiserin
    Maybe now is a perfect time to fix the Crafting Nodes that don't work when trying to activate them they say that you require crafting skill +201, even when you have WAY more than that.

I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Psionic Accelerator can now be colored.

Well this is a cool surprise!
    kaizerin said:

All Become devices sold in the Questionite store have been changed to bind to account on equip (from not binding). If you already have one equipped, this change will not take effect until you remove and re-equip it.
    ​​

Oh my goodness. Just to be clear, this ONLY affects Questonite Becomes, right?
    kaizerin said:

Added a temporary sidekick store to the UNTIL Recognition vendor.
    ​​

Okay, this is cool. Gives something to do with all that extra UCR and a chance to test out different sidekicks to see how they fit.
    kaizerin said:

​​

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

- - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User

Becomes used to be far more popular because some were actually competitive with ATs. They were not updated with the rest of characters and are now junk. It's not subjective, they are much worse off than they used to be.

Also: Becomes in the cash shop are the same price as premium ATs yet are far gimpier than the worst of any AT. It's really hard to have "fun" when you are dead weight and useless in content or when you spend 50%+ of your time using your energy builder just so you can do any attack. I have a few become devices. They are awful to play as.

Re-branding Becomes as "disguises" is a sleazy way for Cryptic to keep charging the same price for a product they can't be bother to update. Even free ATs are getting updated.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    Suggestion:
    Change sfx of Lotus Blossom to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Make flight speed 1/4 of current speed.
  • Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User

There is an exploit that makes it possible to use them in combat, to a limited extent. For obvious reasons, we can't get into that on the forums.

There's no exploit in-combat mode with super magnifer, i've tried all the ways

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    What happens if you turn on a super magnifier and super shrinker at the same time?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User

What happens if you turn on a super magnifier and super shrinker at the same time?

Well you shrink down but your character is slightly taller than average
  • Options
    Removed some offtopic/derailing posts. I know there's a lot of different changes in this update, but please try to keep feedback on those changes.​​
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    avianos said:

Trash Costumes* fixed that for you​​

I don't think the lanterns are trash, but I can say that if I knew that they would show up as drops then I wouldn't have paid the Zen for them.

I guess I'll have to refrain from buying Zen to get costume sets from the Z Store that others may subjectively call "trash".
    I imagine that we may see this for the new Gemstones set somewhere down the line.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

Drifter salvage rate is about 3 to 4 per lockbox on average right? So 1500 Drifter for a full set of Legion would be 375 lockboxes at least (on average). I know players are getting other stuff in the meantime but... that's... um.

That said, I'm all for QoL improvements. Maybe some improvements to Become devices may make them more coveted?

There are also Drifter crates with 10 salvage each. Those significantly increase the rate of gaining salvage, and are often available for sale in the AH for Gs. It's possible to accumulate salvage without opening lockboxes at all.

• Options
    edited March 2018

There are also Drifter crates with 10 salvage each. Those significantly increase the rate of gaining salvage, and are often available for sale in the AH for Gs. It's possible to accumulate salvage without opening lockboxes at all.

For sale at about 80G average in AH (conservative estimate, as the average right now, as I type this, is nearer 100G in AH). So 150 Drifter crates for a full set= 12,000G using this proposed method....... or 2,000G for a single piece.

Yeesh!

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Psionic Accelerator can now be colored.

​​
    Wait, what. I thought you could only change the color of your own powers?
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Wait, what. I thought you could only change the color of your own powers?

Changing the color of all your powers (via the bottom left corner in powers, or /powerhue) also affects devices (and auras. Including auras that cannot be colored, though it doesn't do anything in that case).
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Keep in mind that this only works for gold FF slots. The 5000 z slots don't have this option. And the only way to make this happen(you must be gold or LTS), is to use the powerhue command and color -everything-. That will get the auras, and devices.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

For sale at about 80G average in AH (conservative estimate, as the average right now, as I type this, is nearer 100G in AH). So 150 Drifter crates for a full set= 12,000G using this proposed method....... or 2,000G for a single piece.

Yeesh!

Well, I guess it is safe to say that the legion market is going to be dead with this update.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Just open older lock boxes
This discussion has been closed.